2016/17 SEASON TICKET AND MATCH ADMISSION PRICES ANNOUNCED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

In order to show their appreciation to the supporters for their patience and amazing support during this last season, the Directors have decided to offer a Special Early Bird season ticket at:
£200 for Adults and Concessions (Over-65 and students with valid NUS card)
£50 for Under 18s,
23rd April until 31st May.

Great value!!!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Hopefully the early bird prices will encourage a few new takers and the club can deliver something more entertaining next year.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

How does that compare to last year's prices ?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Very good to be fair, I paid £280 for my early bird ticket this season.

I think the board have realised that a price freeze is just not enough this time but is it still enough after the last few years of misery the fans have had to endure.

Time will tell.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

£200 for a season ticket, to go in any area of the ground, it's a bargain. Well done the board.
Lucy
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Whilst welcoming the decision to make following the Gulls as cheap as possible, I fear this will either mean a permanently low playing budget or the Club making a significant loss in the year ahead. It feels rather like the situation when we were first relegated to the Conference but this time the ticket prrices represent an even greater discount. Perhaps it is a recognition that this is our natural level in the football pyramid and that there will be no major push for promotion next season.

I hope I am wrong and that extra interest will be generated with higher attendaces to offset the effect of the discount but I am not holding my breath!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

This is good news. I expect they have done the math - I haven't worked it out but I expect the greater take up at £200 will wipe out the deficit for selling fewer tickets at the £280 last season.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It could well be that these prices were decided with the input of the new owners, since they will have taken over the club for next season, and so it's possible that theses prices are so low because the new regime is to make significant funding available for improved facilities, youth set-up, etc., and a promotion push in the new campaign. Speculation at present of course, but we can await new announcements with keen anticipation (not that I'm expecting anything too earth-shattering)..
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

samuel wrote:This is good news. I expect they have done the math - I haven't worked it out but I expect the greater take up at £200 will wipe out the deficit for selling fewer tickets at the £280 last season.
We can only presume these are the new owners prices, so fair play to them.

However as mentioned as nauseum in the past the above doesn't really happen. Everyone who would buy one buys one, and the people who don't buy them but go to 90% of games but one and the club loses overal.

However, it does mean the club have a better idea of the money they will have as we have sold the tickets in advance. And that might be just what a seasoned company like gaming international would want.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't think there can be any doubt these prices have been set, announced with the blessing of the new owners, and could well be a loss-leading business decision.

Torquay United had a fan base, had being the key word. Think it's not just down the club slipping out of the football for the second time and struggling this term in the national league, it's also down to the ever further squeeze on the family incomes, for me personally I've paid on the gate for all 23 home games when I go tomorrow, I've had to use my credit card for some games this season, but I decided before the season I'd give every bit of support to this board I could.

This season ticket deal has made going to football now affordable for me, so I'll certainly be buying one, and urge as many fans as possible to do the same, in order to make this pay for the club.

Season ticket sales have slumped our gates are dropping, the club has to re-build it's fan base, it's no good sitting back and waiting for them to come, the club has be proactive in attracting people to come, cute little vouchers on the back of the H/E are pointless the club had to come up with some thing a lot more aggressive than that, hopefully this offer will tempt lost fans and new supporters alike.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

£200 for an Early Bird Season Ticket for concessions is £8.70 per game. Very good value.

If the new owners inject meaningful cash into the playing budget then 2016/17 season could see us mounting a serious challenge to return to the Football League.

A very sensible business decision in my opinion.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Bit of a mental struggle with this one. I had a season ticket for this season and went to mmmmmm 6 or 7 games, but I bought one to help the club.

Now, I would have bought one again this season even at the same price as last season. AND YES YES YES I know I can still pay that price, the club I would guess wont stop me, but mentally as I am not going to see that many games I don't think I can avoid the temptation and will probably pay the £200. I guess I don't want the decision if Im honest.

Yes do the maths work out, but of course we can never know, the only way was to to sell early bird tickets at £280 for say 4 weeks, see how many take them up. if its low, reduce the price to £200, then the ones already paid get a refund. And say have 2 further weeks and then back to normal prices after that.
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Anyone think the early bird ticket offer will run out BEFORE the new owners will be confirmed?
TUST MEMBER
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Great deal
Interesting that season tickets will have a photo ID included
Assume that is to stop tickets being lent to family or friends if not able to attend?
Would be interesting to know how many Clubs adopt this policy[liverpool do not]