Disabled facilities

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Disabled facilities

Post by samuel »

Dear All,

For your information I am trying to raise £10,000 to provide cover for the disabled and special needs supporters at Plainmoor. Unfortunately, whilst they have a decent enough area it is exposed to the elements and therefore get soaked when it rains. It isn't as if they can move anywhere else. With help from the TUST, the club and Robert Owen Communities (ROC) a design is being finalised so that these special supporters can watch the match in the same manner we can when raining etc, in the dry. A builder from the South Hams, Neil Palmer has offered to do the work at cost price. I have opened up a donation page at http://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/sam-balsdon and in order to encourage donations I am hoping to complete the Spitsbergen marathon on June 4th. The most northerly marathon (on land ) in the world. All details of this fund raising effort are on this page. This has just started off and I only need another £9925 to achieve the aim. I consider the disabled and special needs supporters as the best, no supporters make more effort to get to see the Gulls. They should have at least the same degree of comfort we do, if not even better. Thank you. Sam
Last edited by Louis on 23 Mar 2016, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made link clickable
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

As my wife is disabled, this is something quite close to my heart. Closer to pay day, expect to see something coming from me.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

What a fantastic cause!

I will post a link on The Yellow Army page on Facebook this evening to try and boost the funds raised.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by samuel »

Sorry, Yes I left off the https:// - thanks Rob.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ten grand at cost price? My heated, humidity controlled double garage didn't cost that retail. Next time I'm down I'll knock something up for £500. The rest of the cash can go the Players Fund.

Anyway, you say they're not getting a fair deal, I'd say they're getting the traditional Accrington Stanley away experience.

Matt.

Admin Edit: Offensive Content Removed. (SG)
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Great idea...bear in mind about this new stadium. 10000 grand seems a lot also tried get any sponsor ship ...
Paigntongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Wes Saunders

Post by Paigntongull »

ferrarilover wrote:Ten grand at cost price? My heated, humidity controlled double garage didn't cost that retail. Next time I'm down I'll knock something up for £500. The rest of the cash can go the Players Fund.

Anyway, you say they're not getting a fair deal, I'd say they're getting the traditional Accrington Stanley away experience.

Matt.

You really are a vile human being. You have made my blood boil with your latest torrent of abuse. Michael Goulbourne gives up a huge amount of his time to run the trust (along with others). It is not for me to lay out specifics in a forum environment, but you would not believe the amount of personal issues he is having to go through at present and to read a comment like that is just disgusting. As and when / if the Supporters Trust are called on in some shape or form in the future I am guessing you will be happy to accept the benefits of Michael's hard work then. Maybe you should engage brain for once before such an outburst. We live in a democratic society so we all have differing views, but quite honestly you take the biscuit.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by samuel »

I don't want to gt into any politics but I just want to say the TUST have been very helpful in this, especially Michael Goulbourne. £10,000 is the high end of the cost and if it is not so much then any excess can perhaps be put towards upgrading other aspects of the disabled/special needs facilities eg. a hoist in the toilet etc.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

samuel wrote:Dear All,

For your information I am trying to raise £10,000 to provide cover for the disabled and special needs supporters at Plainmoor. Unfortunately, whilst they have a decent enough area it is exposed to the elements and therefore get soaked when it rains. It isn't as if they can move anywhere else. With help from the TUST, the club and Robert Owen Communities (ROC) a design is being finalised so that these special supporters can watch the match in the same manner we can when raining etc, in the dry. A builder from the South Hams, Neil Palmer has offered to do the work at cost price. I have opened up a donation page at crowdfunding.justgiving.com/sam-balsdon and in order to encourage donations I am hoping to complete the Spitsbergen marathon on June 4th. The most northerly marathon (on land ) in the world. All details of this fund raising effort are on this page. This has just started off and I only need another £9925 to achieve the aim. I consider the disabled and special needs supporters as the best, no supporters make more effort to get to see the Gulls. They should have at least the same degree of comfort we do, if not even better. Thank you. Sam

If you contact Skybluegull, he might still be able to help. He was looking to do something similar until Bill Phillips tried to shift the goalposts on him ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Admin Edit: Offensive Post Removed. (SG)
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Having a humidity controlled and heated garages sounds like someone has a cannabis factory going on at home,which would explain alot about said individual
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

That behaviour is not tolerated here. I see Dave has dealt accordingly.

Back to fund raising for great cause...
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I have dragged this thread up from the depths 'cos I think the fundraising that Samuel is doing via the Spitzbergen Marathon to provide cover for people with physical difficulties is fantastic and also because I have come up with a cunning plan ! As we all know, Saturday's match was the last of the season but why not pretend there's one more match and add the entrance money, or part of it, to Samuel's sponsorship? Good idea, eh? I shall definitely be putting my money where my mouth is !

Note to Samuel - on looking up Google, I see that polar bears can run up to 18.6 miles an hour. So unless you can manage 18.7 miles an hour, it might be rather premature to buy an 'early bird' season ticket for next year if you catch my drift ...... (i'd give you a wink, but I seem to have lost my smiley whatsits)