Match officials for Saturday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well I hope that after all the slagging off she got from those SKY POSERS who didn't exactly hit it off on the pitch, (were they perfect.NO!) We will give her a good round of applause and some cream in case she gets too close to Bartlet who may spread some of his psoriasis. lol.
I saw that twit sounding off at that game we won't mention again. He gave the stewards a load of bollox because they wouldn't let any more fans into the Bar as it was too crowded at half time. They had to haul him out and were very close to arresting him. He should have been arrested. maybe banned too. then hopefully some sense would have come to the pratt
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Anyway after the previous rant the match is about to start. I wish I could be there but hopefully soon do another match with Royalgull now I got me jag back on the road.
Lets get behind the boys and shout em on to victory.

COOOOOOOMMMMEEEE ON YOUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YYEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWS :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Just a post to say.................excellent officials today.

Be more then happy if the three were here every week to be honest :clap: :clap:
cidergull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: eunan okane

Post by cidergull »

I sat near the referees assessor who was raving about her performance as ref at a Conference game last week. His description was "awesome". I find it difficult to assess a linesman unless they drop howlers and she didn't, Strangely she also seemed to receive a lot of respect from the players
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fair play to the girl,she is trying to make a career in a male dominated profession,and from what i saw today think she is going to alright.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

For those on the Pop side who witnessed Pickles 'offer kindly words of advice' to the lino in the second half, I wonder what he would have done had the officials been round the other way. Surely not even a thug like Branno could possible holler obscenities at a tiny little girl?

Cider,
Are you sure it was the assessor and not just a creep with a flag fetish?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:For those on the Pop side who witnessed Pickles 'offer kindly words of advice' to the lino in the second half, I wonder what he would have done had the officials been round the other way. Surely not even a thug like Branno could possible holler obscenities at a tiny little girl?

Cider,
Are you sure it was the assessor and not just a creep with a flag fetish?

Matt.
im sure the pickler would have been the perfect gentleman with sian............... ;-)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As would I. Terrible picture on the OS.

My question is this: What do they do about referees changing room arrangements? The obvious solution is for the guys to let her get ready first, then go in after, similar at the end of the match, grant her leave to shower and dress first while they wait outside, but I'm not sure that common sense is permitted to prevail these days. Do the guys use the home dressing room and allow Miss Massey her own space?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

i would suppose with all the farore theu would let her choose first and take whats left! :~D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Referee made a few strange decisions today, missed some too but on reflection better than what we've had at plainmoor for a while (except Tuesday)

I thought Sian didn't do anything wrong today and the other Lino was alright with just a few misses!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, that's two games in succession where the officials have been good
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Didn't she do well ! Would it have been so good if she had been given the unforgiving line ?

One thing that has me wondering, especially during the BSP years, is the unforgiving line seen as a character building lesson for inexperienced linos ?

In the paraphrased words of Frank Sinatra's New York . . .

If you can make it there, then you can make it anywhere
It's up to you
Lino
Lino
Dah da, dah da dah, dah da, dah da dah . . . :whistle:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cidergull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: eunan okane

Post by cidergull »

Late response to Matt but they guy was smartly dressed and was making notes on a clip board! He did have a scouse accent but I hope he was the assessor because he was a down to earth friendly chap. He also commented that he was now finished with Talksport! My opinion is that a few more like him in the area of match officialdom would do the game a lot of good
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Our fans really do cheese me off sometimes.

The ref yesterday was one of the better from the pick we've had since New Year, yet one decision that may have possibly been a bit wrong, like a throwin, and our fans go off on one. Same with the linesman. Same with Danny Stevens. I imagine his job is made 10x harder when as soon as he touches the ball, fans are like 'FFS GET HIM OFF' as soon as he's come on! Granted, some of his touches were poor yesterday, but he showed what he can do when he ran and almost scored late on!

Beyond a joke, to be honest.

Also, I'm on the subject, I see some anti-Man U chants came out again, nobody will join in with that sort of chant - I know I definately won't!

rant over
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Trojan 67 wrote:Didn't she do well ! Would it have been so good if she had been given the unforgiving line ?

One thing that has me wondering, especially during the BSP years, is the unforgiving line seen as a character building lesson for inexperienced linos ?

In the paraphrased words of Frank Sinatra's New York . . .

If you can make it there, then you can make it anywhere
It's up to you
Lino
Lino
Dah da, dah da dah, dah da, dah da dah . . . :whistle:

Just to clarify, for those of you interested...

Sian Massey was named Senior Assistant Referee for yesterday's match. Senior Assistant referees run the line which includes the technical areas. Had she been Second Assistant, then she would have run the line by the Popular Side....

....thought it was worth mentioning, just in case anyone thought she was being protected! :whistle:

Incidentally, had the main ref been injured then the 4th official would have taken over, that is how it works nowadays.

MD