Match officials for Saturday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kbgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Match officials for Saturday

Post by kbgull »

Torquay United vs Southend United

Referee- D H Coote
Assistants- S L Massey + T Wood
4th Official- A M Turner

I notice that Miss Sian Massey is visiting us at Plainmoor!
Im really hoping she has a decent game with the flag and that none of our fans give her any abuse on Saturday!

Your Views guys and girls?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I don't see what the fuss is about really, I'm sure there are male refs in the womens professional game too. The way i see it is She must be good to be in the premier league a lot of weeks!

On another note I recently met Mr turner as part of my football league experience program along with mike mallarkey etc at the morcombe game- great guy.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Just heard about this, and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The funniest thing about the whole Keys/Gray furore, was the decision that got them all in a flap during the game was a close call for Meirelles goal. Massey got the difficult decision absolutely spot on (the pass was played from very deep, and Meirelles was played onside by the full back on the far side from where Massey was running the line IIRC) .

Media frenzy over nothing. She knows what she is doing.

(I hope these comments don't come back and bite me on the arse if she messes up on Saturday!)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Get back in the kitchen ! :whip: (not you Jeff)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Shes got to be better at knowing the offside rule than some of the turkeys we get down here :)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Jeff wrote:Just heard about this, and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The funniest thing about the whole Keys/Gray furore, was the decision that got them all in a flap during the game was a close call for Meirelles goal. Massey got the difficult decision absolutely spot on (the pass was played from very deep, and Meirelles was played onside by the full back on the far side from where Massey was running the line IIRC) .

Media frenzy over nothing. She knows what she is doing.

(I hope these comments don't come back and bite me on the arse if she messes up on Saturday!)
Their comments were made before the game started, so they weren't even a reaction to an incident, they just saw her and came out with their rubbish. As you said, she had an excellent game then, and since returning she's had the spotlight right on her and come through two games unscathed, which is a pretty good achievement for any match official. You don't get to the Premiership without being an excellent ref/lino, so it'll be good to have someone competent at Plainmoor for a change.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gulliball wrote: Their comments were made before the game started, so they weren't even a reaction to an incident, they just saw her and came out with their rubbish. As you said, she had an excellent game then, and since returning she's had the spotlight right on her and come through two games unscathed, which is a pretty good achievement for any match official. You don't get to the Premiership without being an excellent ref/lino, so it'll be good to have someone competent at Plainmoor for a change.

its odd isnt it? err no.
why cant she be any good? well she is
cant she see? yes she can

oh its cos shes a bird! so bl**dy what!!! shes better than some of the dic*heads ive seen!

shes is competant and a good ref too! :-D

i asked scott ledger whos reffed me and who lives in barnsley and is a prem linesman at the mo, and he says shes top notch, and to be honest i agree with him (i am referring to her lining skills and nothing else!) :Oops: dont want another andy gray moment! :~D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Wendy Toms anyone ?

It's not a first at Plainmoor and as long as that Neanderthal Bartlett doesn't get on her case then Sian Massey will do her job, hopefully to the best of her ability.

I wonder what line she'll get ? The soft option on the Grandstand side or the line known as the unforgiving one. Bartlett isn't the only Neanderthal on that side.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Is that Anthea Turner as 4th official?
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Anthea Turner? Good game, good game!

Sian is from my neck of the woods and she's pretty damn good so let's give her the backing she deserves. If she's good then we'll ignore her, if she's bad, we'll tell her she's bad...it's all that she or any other official expects.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Troj, if Bartlett turns up, I will politely ask Simon Baker to have him removed to protect the good name of the club. It's bad enough that 'ordinary' linesmen have to put up with his horseshit "You're a poser linesman. Go on, **** off up the line linesman, you **** ing poser." Let alone allow a girl to be subjected to it on a day when she has enough to deal with. The sooner psoriasis of the liver gets him, the better. ****.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Troj, if Bartlett turns up, I will politely ask Simon Baker to have him removed to protect the good name of the club. It's bad enough that 'ordinary' linesmen have to put up with his horseshit "You're a poser linesman. Go on, f**k off up the line linesman, you f**k ing poser." Let alone allow a girl to be subjected to it on a day when she has enough to deal with. The sooner psoriasis of the liver gets him, the better. c**t.

Matt.
interesting matt.

you want the poor fellow to have an irritatingly ithchy, flaky, and needing of a topical cream type liver. :S

unless you meant cirrhosis...................=D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well, they sound the **** ing same ok!

*Skulks off to chastise self for making elementary medical terminology error*

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Well, they sound the f**k ing same ok!

*Skulks off to chastise self for making elementary medical terminology error*

Matt.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TUST Member 468

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I would welcome her on the grandstand side ..we have not had a linesperson there for years !!

I wonder why ............I didn't give them that much stick !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: