Mark Ellis and Mustapha Carayol.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Mark Ellis and Mustapha Carayol.

Post by portugull »

Mark Ellis transferred from Shrewsbury to Carlisle on a free. Long way from Devon. I guess Keith Curle rates him.

Carayol gone on loan to Leeds from Middlesborough.

I wonder if Kevin Nicholson has considered phoning ALL the Premier League Clubs and asking if they have a striker available.He could use Andre Wright as an example were both Clubs benefit from a loan, or youth loan, as was the case with Andre. I have no doubt Wright benefited from first team football even at our level.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Carayol scores on debut
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We have an ex-Gull watch thread.

Nico hasn't heard of the Premier League, he's only been in the game for 20 years. Knowledge of the top level of football is reserved only for those special few who truly know the game.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

ferrarilover wrote:We have an ex-Gull watch thread.

Nico hasn't heard of the Premier League, he's only been in the game for 20 years. Knowledge of the top level of football is reserved only for those special few who truly know the game.

Matt.
:~D
TUST number 080
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

So ferrarilover can you confirm from your superior knowledge that Nico has rung ALL 20 Premier League Clubs?

ferrari did anyone ever tell you sarcasm is the poorest form of wit?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Trotting out trite clichés is preference to wit is infinitely worse.

I never claimed superior knowledge, although I'd say it was a given where you're concerned.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

It is a fair point, we should assume Nicho has at least equal footballing knowledge to anyone on this site.
TUST number 080
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Not me. My Football Manager exploits are well beyond anything he's ever done.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

Carayol still not found London then........
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucusmc wrote:Carayol still not found London then........
Getting close, though. At least Leeds begins with L :nod:
momoka1234
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: rooney

Post by momoka1234 »

although I'd say it was a given where you're concerned.
sbobet agent
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Present company exempt ! lol
Lloyder5 wrote:It is a fair point, we should assume Nicho has at least equal footballing knowledge to anyone on this site.
metmanmornge
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: luke young

Post by metmanmornge »

The whole sorry state that torquay find themselves in today, dates back to the sacking of theach then chief executive, Colin Lee. Lee was the man responsible for the most successful period in recent tufc history. He was responsible for the signing of most of the players during Paul buckles reign. Thea Bristow is a wonderful supporter, pumping millions of pounds into the club. my only criticism of Mrs Bristow is that she allowed her heart to rule her head. Throughout her ownership, the club lacked an experienced person. Colin Lee has played, coached and managed at the highest level. in hindsight, if we had a Colin Lee type figure running our club, we wouldn't be in the sorry state we find ourselves today.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

metmanmornge wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 13:37 The whole sorry state that torquay find themselves in today, dates back to the sacking of theach then chief executive, Colin Lee. Lee was the man responsible for the most successful period in recent tufc history. He was responsible for the signing of most of the players during Paul buckles reign. Thea Bristow is a wonderful supporter, pumping millions of pounds into the club. my only criticism of Mrs Bristow is that she allowed her heart to rule her head. Throughout her ownership, the club lacked an experienced person. Colin Lee has played, coached and managed at the highest level. in hindsight, if we had a Colin Lee type figure running our club, we wouldn't be in the sorry state we find ourselves today.
Colin Lee who presided over two massive losses and barely developed the commercial side of the club? While he did and always has done very well for the club on the pitch, he was found wanting as a CEO, bringing very little ancillary revenue to the club and that's why his job was cut. The lack of commercial development at the club under him was continued under successor regimes and is one of the reasons why we can barely put out a competitive team despite being a top 6 attended club in this league (when we're doing well - not the current depressed crowds because of the dross we're witnessing).
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

You've hit that nail very succinctly on the head!