New Share Issue In Torquay United F. C.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

ferrarilover wrote: Maybe if you send your idea to him directly, rather than posting it on an obscure corner of the internet that he's absolutely nailed on never to visit, he will?

I posted a thread on here three years ago, asking Bono why his baby looks suspiciously like The Edge. Never got a reply from him. Jumped up Irish ****.

Matt.
Point is there are people from the club who do read the forums, the ceo is known to at least sometimes as we know.

There was a popular, regularly used thread called ideas for Mr Candy where posters asked questions or put suggestions forward to Andrew Candy who was then the ceo. Mr Candy often popped up and answered questions on various threads at times, then the thread was created for this purpose. That is why I started the ideas for TUFC thread to be much the same medium, to make it easy for supporters to put ideas forward, to bounce ideas off each other or debate and gain opinion on them. I fully expect somebody from the club would read it.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I have still got a £100 share certificate I bought when Mr. Batesohn was in charge. I wonder if it is still valid.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I think you should write to the Company Secretary at Plainmoor and enquire as to the status of your Share Certificate.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

In the time it took you to type your reply, you could have emailed the idea to the Chairman.

Tell you what, I'll do it in the morning, we'll see who gets a reply first.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

think they're busy this week Matt; you can try though.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Matt to email the Chairman, as you suggest, I need his email address. It is not on the OS Contact List for obvious reasons.

I am not psychic.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

portugull wrote:Matt to email the Chairman, as you suggest, I need his email address. It is not on the OS Contact List for obvious reasons.

I am not psychic.
Well Matt is right in that when we just stick our thoughts up on a fans forum even if it is a brilliant idea there is no guarantee at all that it will come to the attention of the club. I suppose if I did a Matt, I could say that if you had written to the chairman (Plainmoor TQ1 would do) at the time you started the thread he would have received it by now! ;-)

Others are right as well though in that they do look at forums. On another TUFC supporters site both the chairman and the CEO have been online in the last 4 hours and both have posted on the site in the last 5 days (one of them today).

Maybe just posting in the wrong place - although I would still suggest the post! ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

portugull wrote:Matt to email the Chairman, as you suggest, I need his email address. It is not on the OS Contact List for obvious reasons.

I am not psychic.

**** me, does the world really have to do absolutely everything for you?

It's a wonder you can operate a computer, or does your carer do it for you?

Look down the email list and pick any one of about 10 suitable addresses. Email it to the club and ask that the contents be considered by the Chairman or his appointed representative.

Honestly, my mate's six year old could have figured that out. I hope like hell you're unemployed and you don't drive, you'd be a menace in either situation.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

My response was deliberate to wind you up and it worked!!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, but is there really any need for the kind of [almost] abuse as shown above?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Strangely, Brucie these days seems to be mellowing & Matt is morphing into Brucie Mark One ! :clap: :rofl:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie was always mellow - he is a God!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I raised the subject at the recent fans' forum so the board are already aware of the idea but presumably have other priorities.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34727383
Very good article on fan/community ownership.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Just thought I would give this thread a bump. I have noticed quite a few posts recently talking about the players fund, the TUST, fan ownership, investing in the club and even somewhere supporters putting their monies in for a share in the club, other clubs who are doing similar schemes have been mentioned. Well fans owning shares is a subject I felt strongly about a while back and I still feel it would be an option for TUFC to raise the funds it badly needs. Indeed, I cannot understand why this subject has not been explored by the club.

As I have said before instead of asking a few individuals to invest a lot of money into the club, why not ask those who love TUFC to do it therefore getting a lot of people to invest a little money, which surely is an easier and safer sell.

This must surely be the best, quickest and most convincing way forward for fan ownership.

If anybody is unfamiliar with this thread, i ask you to read back the opening few posts on the first page and you will see the idea set out clearly.

It was a post from Hector that finally prompted me to ressurect this thread -
PERCEPTION AND REALITY

hector » Today, 12:00

Chicken or egg?

The club - it seems - cannot afford the team, that is going to win enough games, for the crowds to grow. So some would argue that the onus is on supporters to take responsibility by turning up to increase revenue. Yet why should they? With no stake, other than an emotional one, why should supporters going above and beyond by turning up to watch poor football, contribute to Player Funds etc, when they are not communicated with, kept in the dark and have absolutely no say in how their club is run? It's not going to happen, even though the numbers so far - 2200ish - are probably more the club deserve for relegation fodder football.

So what could serve as the galvanising force to increase crowds in the face of a potentially struggling team? A new ground? They cannot afford it. New owners? Not if they are GI-style sharks.

The only thing that I think will command loyalty to a struggling side, is Supporter Ownership. If fans own a stake in their club, then they are more likely to feel a pull to follow it, even in the dark days. The days of turning up because you are a 'supporter' need to be reconsidered. The mindset needs changing. Why should this football club gain additional revenue from supporters above gate receipts, yet not allow them a say in how things are run? It's arrogant. It's taking the piss.

It is time to give TUST the chance to run the club.

People will say, 'Oh but TUST doesn't have enough members', 'I thought they were there for buying lawnmowers' etc etc, yet if the club said, when TUST rasises £x they can own the club, then I think that would be enough to get the ball rolling and supporters finally waking up to what is possible.
As I have said asking people to contribute a charitable donation to a players fund with hardly any transparency and nothing in return is one thing and I know some think its a "bloody cheek!", so why not offer a share scheme and people can put money into the club and get something in return, eve if it is small and insignificant, it would keep extra revenue rolling in, make supporters happy in the knowledge they are part of the club therefore bringing club and community/fanbase closer.

Dont get me wrong, I think the TUST are doing a fine job but to get the membership numbers and money to invest is going to take a long time, many seem unconvinced by it and dont join. Putting the money directly into the club and getting a little bit of ownership piece by tiny piece would surely stir some interest and get the quickest and most productive response.

If TUFC need money so desparately why does this idea not even get entertained.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).