Gilbert the Gull

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Gilbert the Gull

Post by portugull »

I flew from Portugal on Monday and I thought last nights performance, my first game this season, showed great commitment. Paul Buckle has done a phenomenal job.

I thought you might be interested to see the mascot for my local team SC Olhanense. He is called Moss the Stork but everytime I see him it reminds me of Gilbert the Gull!

I shall be going to Saturdays match with Southend and if anybody recognises me from the photo below I shall be pleased to meet any fellow bloggers. I usually sit in the main stand near the half way line. Boy am I looking forward to the new grandstand!
Photos.zip
(788.35 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

portugull wrote:I flew from Portugal on Monday and I thought last nights performance, my first game this season, showed great commitment. Paul Buckle has done a phenomenal job.

I thought you might be interested to see the mascot for my local team SC Olhanense. He is called Moss the Stork but everytime I see him it reminds me of Gilbert the Gull!

I shall be going to Saturdays match with Southend and if anybody recognises me from the photo below I shall be pleased to meet any fellow bloggers. I usually sit in the main stand near the half way line. Boy am I looking forward to the new grandstand!
Photos.zip
You do realise it hasn't been built yet (or knocked down for that matter) don't you?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

cambgull wrote: You do realise it hasn't been built yet (or knocked down for that matter) don't you?

Yeah, it's gone quiet on the grandstand issue. The club announced last year that we would hear about funding developments in January. Now we're over halfway through February.

No news is bad news ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Cambgull I do realise because I was sat in the grandstand at last nights game! It still doesnt stop me looking forward to the new grandstand and I guess we can expect an announcement pretty soon.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

portugull wrote:Cambgull I do realise because I was sat in the grandstand at last nights game! It still doesnt stop me looking forward to the new grandstand and I guess we can expect an announcement pretty soon.
Thats good, I just wasn't sure if you were expecting a nice new stand for the long trip!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"