Official Site

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Official Site

Post by royalgull »

Long has it been criticised for it's lack of information and articles, I think it's gone the other way too much now. Buckle's post match reaction is there, and then there are 4 seperate articles about the same stuff just split out. Totally pointless in all honesty.

Post match

Bucks views
Maybe a player interview
Pictures

That's what i want to see.

I also would like to see more on the Gullsplayer. it's great for the match commentaries like every other club, it's also a bit harder for it to be unique in terms of iPlayer covers all the teams and their goals pretty much instantly.

But I think they could do more, more videos from the training ground, more interviews with the players (I've not actually heard Craig Stanley, Danny Potter or Lathaniel rowe Turner for example speak yet) Little reports or updates from people at the club, updates from Buckle. Fan interviews, old school footage maybe.

Paying for this service and literally what you get is Radio Devon for exiles at the moment.
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

Initially I thought you were probably being a bit picky about the site, but taking a peak at .com I've got to agree. Update, update, update and I just felt I was pretty much reading the same thing. Having said that it's good to see some of the comments from Buckle.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:Long has it been criticised for it's lack of information and articles, I think it's gone the other way too much now. Buckle's post match reaction is there, and then there are 4 seperate articles about the same stuff just split out. Totally pointless in all honesty.
Its far better now than it used to be. Being told something twice is better than not being told at all!

Like your ideas of pictures and players interviews - may be you could drop the club an email with your suggestions? (depends if the email is now working of course!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Sod it why not eh?

Worst they can do is tell me to f*ck off and iv'e been told that more times than i can count :)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Copy of the email I've just sent

Good afternoon

TUFC fan since the age of 8 and being an exile (in that I probably get to 5/6 home games a season along with about the same number of away games), I am heavily reliant on Gulls Player and the Official Site for news updates and post match reactions.

Firstly I d like to say a big well done for making the Official site in particular more up to date in a lot of key areas and for getting more information out to us fans. In the past as I m sure you re aware there were occasions where you might not have known Torquay had even played!

However at the minute I d say it s gone almost too much the other way, after every game there is the post match report and managers views – excellent, but then it s followed by 4 or 5 new stories that really have already been covered by the manager s post game review or interview anyway. It s a story for stories sake and I don t honestly see the point of it.

What I d like to see personally is the match review and the managers report as it is, then maybe some interviews with players post game, as well as a few pictures. I know there is the photo sales page but it s nice to have a few links and match pictures on the website.

Ideally I d like to see something like

Match Preview –including pre match views from the manager, a player and maybe even a link to the opposition s website
Match Report
Managers report
Interview with a player
Pictures

That brings me onto my 2nd point. As I mentioned I am a subscriber to Gulls Player, whenever possible if i can t get to the game i tune into it, basically I feel I am paying for Radio Devon and that s it. Match highlights are posted (i fully appreciate iPlayer makes this less of a novelty) and there is the very rare occasional other video with either a player or at the training ground. Is there any way we could have these things as a more regular feature? I for one have never heard Danny Potter, Lathaniel Rowe Turner or any of the new lads actually speak yet. Be nice to see some training footage, interview pre and post games with different players, Paul Buckle s views, maybe the occasional update from the physio, interview with the chairman every month to inform us of future plans, ground improvements, schemes to get more people into the ground, transfers anything. Training ground footage as a more regular theme and also maybe even some blasts from the past with classic games and features on ex players. All this sort of things to make Gulls Player that much more personal.

Again I appreciate that a lot of things maybe come down to finance, i don t feel ripped off at all but I just feel Gulls Player could do more for subscribers like myself and also I think it would get more people to subscribe if it offered anything that you can t find online. One click onto Gulls Player just shows up a load of links from the Official Website, if you can get to games why would anyone seriously sign up for it?!

Up the Gulls!