Great appointment.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Well I was willing to give the guy a chance, and to be honest I think the team HAS looked better, BUT we are bottom, and that's all that counts.

What I cannot stand is, if we do get relegated this is what we will hear from the club.

"The fans need to stick by us"
"We are going to give it a real go to get out of the conf south"
"We have a great club here and we want to be a league club again, and everything is coming together"

Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It hasn't really worked out for Owers and Kuhl but we need to remember what a shambolic chaotic heap of crap he was left with when he took over.

A bunch of criminal negligent wasteful signings by the previous manager and a team miles adrift at the bottom of the table.

Someone said that Leyton Orient appointed a new manager and got out of trouble - well the big difference was that they weren't miles behind every other team at the time.

As for sending Chaney to Whitehawk - well I guess that there wasn't a queue for his services. If it wasn't Whitehawk it would probably have been Bideford.

Owers has sorted out the defence which was a shambles when he arrived. On paper the signings of Mcqoid and Murphy looked good but they didn't work out.

I would say that Keating and Reid are probably squad players - probably third and fourth choice options at this level. Pittman is a complete waste of space like the majority of Nicholsons other signings.

Sadly though the gap is looking too big to claw back unless we can conjure up two prolific strikers which looks impossible.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

The finger should be pointed at the owners and Harrop for taking a ridiculously long period of time to make the appointment. In my opinion that is when the damage was done.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

DevonYellow wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 12:32 The finger should be pointed at the owners and Harrop for taking a ridiculously long period of time to make the appointment. In my opinion that is when the damage was done.
Yep had us waiting around like fools. Clearly the other interested parties did buy into Harrops vision or the invisable 5 year plan. I think the 5 year plan is too play western league then no cares enough to buy and bulldoze plainmoor.
Can you imagine it .....the road names on the the housing estate. Popside close , Kenny Allen avenue , Bryn avenue , don mills way , bristows bend , osborne oval !!!!!!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Nicho was in Bristows on Saturday, no doubt he was gloating and rightfully so! He would have made sure we didn’t go down! Even on the crappy non existent budget! He would not have given Reid another contract thereby allowing another striker to come in who would have done a better job! Reid and owers have cost us!
dazmangull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by dazmangull »

what utter crap !!
TUST number 074
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The reason he was in Bristows is because know one else has seen fit to give him a job!
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

I doubt that Nicho was gloating. He is a decent man who will be sharing the same emotions as the rest of us about being relegated to the NLS.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

notnow wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 18:47 Nicho was in Bristows on Saturday, no doubt he was gloating and rightfully so! He would have made sure we didn’t go down! Even on the crappy non existent budget! He would not have given Reid another contract thereby allowing another striker to come in who would have done a better job! Reid and owers have cost us!
Ha ha ha ha! Literally just spat my tea out!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Just goes to show you shouldn't eat and read at the same time!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Jack wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 19:53 I doubt that Nicho was gloating. He is a decent man who will be sharing the same emotions as the rest of us about being relegated to the NLS.
Fair comment, he is and has been a fan of the club which is why he did what he could. What I mean is that he managed a team albeit at the end of the season to get a fighting spirit from the players, not like owers unpassionate incapable inept lacklustre bunch of dreamers we have had to suffer! Ever!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's not a one-off, from what I have read he has been at a lot of games over the season.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

notnow wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 20:26 Fair comment, he is and has been a fan of the club which is why he did what he could. What I mean is that he managed a team albeit at the end of the season to get a fighting spirit from the players, not like owers unpassionate incapable inept lacklustre bunch of dreamers we have had to suffer! Ever!
ex
Do you know what notnow, every time I see your name attached to a post on this forum, a bead of sweat trickles down my spine at the thought of reading your utter tosh.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Funny that, as I feel the with your tosh.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Gulliball wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 20:44 It's not a one-off, from what I have read he has been at a lot of games over the season.
Yes he has been to several, interestingly though there was a round of applause for him this last game when he entered bristows,