Great appointment.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

You dont rate Bowman Notnow? Scored 19 in all competitions in his season here , now playing for
Motherwell in the Scottish Premier League. I wish he was back here now
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Owers may end up taking us down & it's more than likely with the shower provided by Mr Nicholson's amazing lottery winners
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Agree with every post from notnow. Especially about Hargreaves. Some of the performances i saw away from home under Hargreaves were pitiful and with plenty of the season remaining and the club not even in the bottom 2 he somehow managed to get the club relegated with no fightback whatsoever. A far cry from the player we knew. I don't accept it was simply because the players he'd been left with were pants. That's partly true but his influence, man management, motivational skills and tactics were non existent from day one. I hate him tbh. Hate seeing his smug chops on btsport too. Tosser.

Happy new year to everyone though. :~D
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jack wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:07 History (League Tables) will show that Nicho kept us up for two seasons and Owers took us down in one!
Nicholson did not learn from his big mistakes and put us in the same position each year. He should have kept the partnership of Williams and Keating it was like gold and he threw it away. We have struggled for goals all season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Teigngull wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:00 Gowling
Pittman
Gosling
Higgins
Davis
Osborn
Clarke
Klukowski
Reid
Keating
Lathrop's
McGinty
Young.
All Nicholson signings, every single one of them, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Really that's pretty much the whole sqaud - so what has Owers been doing since he's been here expect bring in a few old worn out seasoned loanee's who could not muster a goal between them. I said I would allow all three games over Christmas to decide whether Owers was capable of managing. Unfortuntely todays game being called off has delayed my opinion but as we are now (again) at the bottom of league, I expect a win at Wrexham to give us 4 points out of a possible 9 as the minimum. If we gain just 1 point out of our last 3 games, I shall not hold back on my criticism of this current manager. As Nicho got citicised with both barrells having to manage a team with no budget then Owers who has been given the resources, both financial and human, is certainly not going to get off scot-free with the continuation of dismal displays
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Captain hindsight's to the rescue
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

It's been a rot since Martin ling had his troubles and we just shit on him....reep what you sow
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

desperado wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:10 You dont rate Bowman Notnow? Scored 19 in all competitions in his season here , now playing for
Motherwell in the Scottish Premier League. I wish he was back here now
SPL wooooooh big deal. No I don’t rate him at all, regardless of his tally! How many games did he play? If it was 19 I’d say he was prolific but we all know that it was considerably more! He was certainly not prolific but did barely enough to keep his place, I remember him as a week in week out disappointment apart from one or two occasions which ain’t and wasn’t enough!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Yep Martin Long was shit on from a great height & we've suffered ever since
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Martin Ling
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Been trying to stay positive . No words from GI no words from Harrop and a manager that if I'm honest is struggling. Been on downward part for so long. The football club I've loved since 1985 seems almost gone. Even our home has a question mark on it.

Though I was young in the Webb years did it feel so bad ? We had the comfort of re-election to fall on.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:28 It's been a rot since Martin ling had his troubles and we just shit on him....reep what you sow
I more or less said that word for word at the time and at the same time forecast we would end up in freefall.

Agree with notnow and Andy, despite the protestations of Merse it has been proven that Owers is the average manager I described him as when appointed. He can set a team up for sure, to lose.

Perhaps if/when McGinty goes to FGR it might provide us with the funds for some forwards, does anyone really think that Osborne won't pocket the fee though?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:20 Nicholson did not learn from his big mistakes and put us in the same position each year. He should have kept the partnership of Williams and Keating it was like gold and he threw it away. We have struggled for goals all season.
Not often I disagree with you, but Brett Williams was not the answer. Yes - he pulled his finger out in the matches at the end of last season but for most of the season, he went absent during games. He lives up to his description of being a 'marmite' player. His career is following a similar pattern at Bromley.

On another tack, I'm with you in thinking that Sam Chaney has potential (I believe he would have already developed into a decent player if he'd come through the Exeter youth system). To send the lad out on loan to Whitehawk, hopelessly adrift at the bottom of National South, was a disgrace in my view. What will he learn playing for a team with just seven points (they had their first win of the season today). He was not given a chance by Owers. Unlike players such as McQuoid, Chaney never gave less than 100%.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

notnow wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 20:00 I am going to ruffle some feathers here but Despite Nicho not achieving getting us out the conference I still firmly feel that had he been given the financial backing that owers and kuhl have had Nicho would have gathered a team that would slowly but surely got us up the league but some of us couldn’t wait, some of us panicked, so eventually the board relented to the growing pressure and concern over their investment and figured that a change of management and throw a heep of money at it would pay dividends, they fell into the old trap that rarely works, on top of all that,the board did not like Nicho due to his closeness and frankness with the fans. If Nicho was still here we would be half way up the table I’m sure of that but that is my opinion.
Spot on !
Being saying this for ages in the face of the usual suspects.
Good on you sir .....
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 23:12 I more or less said that word for word at the time and at the same time forecast we would end up in freefall.

Agree with notnow and Andy, despite the protestations of Merse it has been proven that Owers is the average manager I described him as when appointed. He can set a team up for sure, to lose.

Perhaps if/when McGinty goes to FGR it might provide us with the funds for some forwards, does anyone really think that Osborne won't pocket the fee though?
I've tried to be positive as negativity is highly contageous and there has been glimpses of improvement. But it feels all down and out again with us the fans No rallying call from our owners or the DOF. It feels rotten to the core. If we sell then we must buy quality to give us a chance. Unless we get loans from the football league of decent players. Signing players is not just the answer , it's the quality we need. Owers has not had long in job to be fair but can't say I'm overwhelmed though I've tried to be positive. There is time left yet to save ourselves but we need promotion form. As It is I can't see us winning 5 games not alone the 10 we need. Harrop bares responsibility as he is the DOF