Great appointment.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Great appointment.

Post by notnow »

This is the start of a great comeback, KN is showing the signs of great things to come and we should all get behind him, great enthusiasm,definite leadership qualities and fresh ideas and a real belief in himself which radiates, None of which his predecessors have displayed.
There's no BS,No cocky arrogance, there is however plenty of the likeability factor which will get all concerned pulling in the same direction, he's a guy who is genuinely happy to be where he is and do what he can for the love of the club, and the community, he's a FAN with vision and desire, so what if he doesn't have the experience that other managers have who are currently unemployed, there is more than one way to skin a cat! Let him cut his teeth here, he deserves it. Well done to the board.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Mmmm but he has started well . We all hope you are right.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

"Great appointment" Well that's bold statement. Only time will tell if the appointment of KN turns out to be a great one, Nicho might re-energise some of our flagging support, we'll see tomorrow, if 200 plus is added to the gate, come February should the team be sat safe in upper mid table, performances significantly improved and gates back up to the 2,000 plus mark then this will start to look a great appointment. Should the team be no better of in terms of results, performances and league position, I dread to think what the gate figures will be looking like, and having feeling you might be changing your mind.

Although I will say now, Kevin Nicholson has my full support as a fan, I've turned down the chance to go and watch my son play tomorrow, that was hard for me, to go and welcome Nicho's arrival as our manager, and support the team.
Formerly known as forevertufc
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Yes, you could say it's a bold statement, all I can say is his statements appear to be genuine and honest, he is showing concern for what happens on the pitch, in the stands and in the community, and wants to encourage the current players by wiping the slate clean, what a mature and responsible attitude, not one you can create if you don't mean it. He is leaving no stone unturned which are qualities of a real perfectionist with drive and desire which in most cases is what it takes which is why I say there are more than one way to skin a cat. Sorry you are missing you're son play tomorrow, lifes full of tough choices. Lets hope it pays for you and all of us.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Absolute bullshit - it all means nothing. Come back after the next six matches and then we will see where we are. he hasn't done anything because we havn't played any matches under him.
Because he has done a press conference and said that he is going to give the players a chance means errr exactly the sum total of bugger all.
These players are not very good face facts. Nicholson has presented Briscoe and Macdonald at his press conference as being his two great hopes.
Macdonald is his new captain who is basically a headless chicken and Briscoe has consistently demonstrated his ability to not be able to affect a game because he cannot run for any more than about 25 minutes.
He is still facing exactly the same problems as Hargreaves, Ramshaw and Cox ie getting crap players to win games.
I just never under stand posters like you. You are basically falling off your toadstool telling us all that everything is going to be rosy when we are hurtling towards relegation.
If he loves the club, is happy blah blah blah it doesn't mean anything. He still has to win games and that's going to be a bloody difficult job. Get a reality check - it will probably come at ten to five tomorrow.

Added in 2 minutes 44 seconds:
A very hard choice for me as well. Spend £70, a three hour drive, and watch 90 minutes of dross or watch Fremington v Ilfracombe. Guesswhere I won't be?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

notnow wrote:Yes, you could say it's a bold statement, all I can say is his statements appear to be genuine and honest, he is showing concern for what happens on the pitch, in the stands and in the community, and wants to encourage the current players by wiping the slate clean, what a mature and responsible attitude, not one you can create if you don't mean it. He is leaving no stone unturned which are qualities of a real perfectionist with drive and desire which in most cases is what it takes which is why I say there are more than one way to skin a cat. Sorry you are missing you're son play tomorrow, lifes full of tough choices. Lets hope it pays for you and all of us.
Totally agree, I've watched all the interviews, the words expressed by Kevin Nicolson are genuine, sincere , he has a clear plan of how he wants things to progress at the club on and off the field, however, this is football, it's a results business, and that's what he'll be judged on, like you, I hope KN does well, if he doesn't, the club has no where left to go.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Stevie_RitchTea
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Stevie_RitchTea »

brucie wrote:Absolute bullshit - it all means nothing. Come back after the next six matches and then we will see where we are. he hasn't done anything because we havn't played any matches under him.
Because he has done a press conference and said that he is going to give the players a chance means errr exactly the sum total of bugger all.
These players are not very good face facts. Nicholson has presented Briscoe and Macdonald at his press conference as being his two great hopes.
Macdonald is his new captain who is basically a headless chicken and Briscoe has consistently demonstrated his ability to not be able to affect a game because he cannot run for any more than about 25 minutes.
He is still facing exactly the same problems as Hargreaves, Ramshaw and Cox ie getting crap players to win games.
I just never under stand posters like you. You are basically falling off your toadstool telling us all that everything is going to be rosy when we are hurtling towards relegation.
If he loves the club, is happy blah blah blah it doesn't mean anything. He still has to win games and that's going to be a bloody difficult job. Get a reality check - it will probably come at ten to five tomorrow.

A very hard choice for me as well. Spend £70, a three hour drive, and watch 90 minutes of dross or watch Fremington v Ilfracombe. Guesswhere I won't be?
Brucie are you ever happy with anything?
TUST Member 405
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

brucie wrote:Absolute bullshit - it all means nothing. Come back after the next six matches and then we will see where we are. he hasn't done anything because we havn't played any matches under him.

Another example of great motivational speaking, Brucie.

You accuse Nico of doing "bugger all" but your diatribe is therefore based on "bugger all" . So it's a totally meaningless post.

Thank you and good night.

PS hope you enjoy the Fremington v Ilfracombe match (or then again maybe not).
TUST member 200 ;-)
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

reply to brucieTypical post from your good self, glad to see you staying positive. You'll be there, I'm just not sure what you want the outcome to be.mmm the club really needs support like YOURS, It's not exactly constructive, perhaps at the moment we are at opposite ends of the scale but I know where I would rather be. Might be worth getting your blood pressure tested. ;-)enjoy the game, and get behind the team. It's not the premier league, I'm really looking forward to the game, more importantly getting behind the guys on the pitch and hopefully supporting the future of footy at Plainmoor.
Last edited by notnow on 03 Oct 2015, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: Added in 2 minutes 44 seconds:
Well, I hope it's a 0 - 0 boring draw at Fremington, the match is ref'd by Brett Huxtable and that it pisses down with rain and that they haven't got a stand at Fremington, or if they have, it leaks where you are ....... I also hope that Wivel agrees with me :whistle:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Guess how many sh1ts we give?
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

We all know Brucie is'nt exactly Mr Popular around here and couldnt give two hoots about getting on the wrong side of posters, but I often occasionally do find myself agreeing with some of the drivel he spouts (in my head anyway)!

Anyone can look good in a press conference/meeting, as long as you say the right things and come accross as though you believe in every word you say, but it is ultimately the results and how he acts as a manager that will matter. He needs to deliver what he's said, other wise he's just going to end up like another Hargreaves!! He does look pretty smitten with getting the role though and seems like a thoroughly intelligent and decent bloke.

Totally disregard Brucies crap players comment. We have the foundations of a decent young side, they are just leaderless at present and massively lack confidence. If he can turn that around we'll be fine and dandy I'm sure.

Enjoy your game tomorrow Brucie, I don't think you'll be missed in the yellow stands at all mate.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

ha, he's never in the yellow stands ! Brucie saw the Cheltenham game; otherwise he forms his opinions from the commentary & social media. However, he likes to give the impression that he's at every game, but is soooo disheartened that he's not coming again.His choice. He's right about the results thing though, as Wivel will point out soon, I'm sure.Another day, another shilling, another manager.....I'll be there if I get back from a Heathrow trip in time....COYYs !!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

tufc si wrote:We all know Brucie is'nt exactly Mr Popular around here and couldnt give two hoots about getting on the wrong side of posters, but I often occasionally do find myself agreeing with some of the drivel he spouts (in my head anyway)!

Anyone can look good in a press conference/meeting, as long as you say the right things and come accross as though you believe in every word you say, but it is ultimately the results and how he acts as a manager that will matter. He needs to deliver what he's said, other wise he's just going to end up like another Hargreaves!! He does look pretty smitten with getting the role though and seems like a thoroughly intelligent and decent bloke.

Totally disregard Brucies crap players comment. We have the foundations of a decent young side, they are just leaderless at present and massively lack confidence. If he can turn that around we'll be fine and dandy I'm sure.

Enjoy your game tomorrow Brucie, I don't think you'll be missed in the yellow stands at all mate.
Yes obviously I agree, it is all about results, and results will determine a managers position. however this applies to anybody who comes in even if it was mourinho, the board had to select someone and Nicho has shone through, I can see why the board went with him.

I can't imagine Nicho walking out on us like cox did with a game the following day, and Nicho doesn't have the arrogance that Hargreaves had, when H took over he accepted that we were going to get relegated to the degree of almost wanting us to, perhaps hoping to be the hero the following year expecting us to bounce straight back up!

On paper they were both better qualified to take the role as our manager. Hargreaves used to lock the young team in the dressing room and give them the hair dryer treatment, that's not great management and didn't work. H was a hero here once but his last visit was not about the team it was about him, I don't see that with Nicho.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Taxi lady - where do I give the impression that I attend every game. The last two matches I have attended were Wrexham and Cheltenham. After the Cheltenham game I havn't been again because I chose to exercise my judgement - my opinion was that losing 3-0 to ten men would mean that we would most probably end up losing most games and look what happened?
I hope Nicholson gets a win today for all those supporters who go to the game and have paid money game in game out to see us lose all the time. Believe me I know how frustrating that is. If I lived in Torquay I would no doubt still turn up every game but I have long since lost the will to make the effort to watch garbage.
As for those hoping it will rain today - well thanks but its a bright sunny day. Ten minutes in the car, watch a game and then in the pub afterwards. then home to watch the rugby. Its a better day out then trekking down to Plainmoor. If that offends anyone well basically tough.