ULTRAS?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Because they get a kick out of stopping others from enjoying themselves.

I watched a bit of the Man City game last night, the Aris fans were waving huge flags on poles and it looked awesome, it's such a shame that we live in a society where this kind of thing isn't allowed, truly pathetic.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

Southampton Gull wrote:Because they get a kick out of stopping others from enjoying themselves.

I watched a bit of the Man City game last night, the Aris fans were waving huge flags on poles and it looked awesome, it's such a shame that we live in a society where this kind of thing isn't allowed, truly pathetic.
Totally agree with that. We were watching that game in Boots before and noticed their display. What we really could do with is the away end. The club refused to put up a bar so hanging flags at the back in impossible unless we get more hooks put up to measure.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

walshy wrote:I agree about some of the songs coming out, 'come on stanley' started to p**s me off. I think we have pushed the group forward well with a number of bigger flags at the back and a noticable raise in the noise levels. It annoys we how the stewards won't allow hand flags, any reason at all?

Generally, I'd say so. Last night, no. Possibly down to the attendance, but I heard more supportive chants coming from the Family Stand! None of that putting 'Stanley' into everything nonsense.

Don't want to seem like I'm moaning, but as has been said, focus more on getting behind the team on the pitch than chanting about Exeter/Plymouth/Crawley/Man U or whatever. More people are likely to join in otherwise.

As for flagpoles, potential weapon isn't it? Dangerous, could be used as a missile. Could poke someones eye out or something silly, then the Club have a bigger problem on their hands.

On the subject of flags, fair play to Burton - the away end looked awesome with their 20 or so flags.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Did you hear the 'Come on Tur-Key' chants coming from the family stand? Dunno who they were but it was bloody funny!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

walshy wrote:I agree about some of the songs coming out, 'come on stanley' started to p**s me off. I think we have pushed the group forward well with a number of bigger flags at the back and a noticable raise in the noise levels. It annoys we how the stewards won't allow hand flags, any reason at all?
have you aproached the club about waving hand flags?,i understand about all this health and safety nonsense,(the magical fairy might come along and take one of the flags and poke someone in the eye),however i am pretty sure that Aldershot allow there r.b.a to wave flags at there ground,might be worth talkng to the club to see if they will allow it,even if its just for a trial period to begin with.
Formerly known as forevertufc