ULTRAS?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

ULTRAS?

Post by mickyflash »

Ultra retarded more like, I mean really do some of you actually have tourettes?

As a group I understand what you are trying too do, I really do, i stand with you on the 'back step' join in with all the torquay related chants, normally get some going too but tonights performance was beyond poor.

The group that was continuously trying to sing Craig stanleys name into every single song just killed every chant before it got going, and therefore killed the atmosphere completely. Rather than support our team you found it more entertaining to sing about Barlow or your mates, this maybe very funny too you but But no one gives a crap

It's dead easy to sing "more fun if you all join in" but who wants to join in to that drivel, tonight was the first time I can remember in 15 years being outsung by the family stand, pathetic

If the 12 of you can't manage to sing in time, how do you expect the other 1000+ to join in with you?

In my opinion you need to go back to basics and remember what you are trying to achieve by setting this group, and please don't just hit the drum randomly, try and form some kind of rhythm

I know I'm ranting, but the boys on the pitch deserved more than what we gave them tonight
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Second post. Controversial. It's not their fault, it's bloody Barlow (sorry Joe) and his useless drum. Sounds like a size 10 skin on a size 6 drum (or whatever is the correct terminology). I do have to agree about the choice of songs though. We suffer the same at away games. While I enjoy the odd chorus of 'Can you hear the oppo sing?' it gets a little silly when we're singing about their ground being too big for them an hour before kick off. Just stick to songs about TUFC, our players, our manager, our fans and let the opposition supporters sink to the depths of having a go at the number of empty seats in the Family Stand.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

wasnt there tonight, but i imagine it was hard with just 1600 there which is really sh*t

yes barlow drumming is poor with an equally poor drum and sometimes the ultra chants arent going to draw much support from other people, but the idea and effort in previous games has helped, and long may it continue, just in a more unified and stronger way
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Firstly i think its fair to say that must Tufc fans me included support the idea of what these lads are trying to do with this ultras group,and by and large the atmosphere has been better.

However last night i have to agree with mickeyflash.i was not down on the halfway line,so do not know what the chants were,but all i could hear in the ground was an out of time dull thud and thats was it.

IF you want this thing to take off then as said,stick to torquay related chants,we all know the "yellow army" chant will work (slow it down though),try "we are the yellow and blue army"etc,once you get the next two sections of the popside joining in it will spread.

Where are the flags?you need to get them up and waving,and above all remember if you want to bring back the noise,you guys have to lead it from the front.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I hate to say it but have to agree with the comments about Joe, it is embarassing. I have tried speaking to him but he just doesn't listen.
I have even offered advice on what drum to buy, but I guess nothing will come of it.

As for away games, Matt...... you know full well the atmosphere is normally much better at aways games. It is those silly chants about the size of the ground that keep us entertained at the back. But when the whistle blows for kick off you know we are 99% behind the team with our chants and drumming (apart from Barnet because I was too p!ssed to play the drum).
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Awayday wrote:I hate to say it but have to agree with the comments about Joe, it is embarassing. I have tried speaking to him but he just doesn't listen.
I have even offered advice on what drum to buy, but I guess nothing will come of it.

As for away games, Matt...... you know full well the atmosphere is normally much better at aways games. It is those silly chants about the size of the ground that keep us entertained at the back. But when the whistle blows for kick off you know we are 99% behind the team with our chants and drumming (apart from Barnet because I was too p!ssed to play the drum).
I must say that Joe often does not help himself. I think we all agree that his passion for the club is admirable but when incidents such as when you asked him not to confuse the drumming at the Crawley game, and affect the atmosphere, yet he still turned up with his drum – it does irritate a little!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As it happens Paul, I do, I can't remember what was the point of my post, but it certainly hasn't come across right. I thought you weren't taking the drum (question not as gay as it sounds: does your drum have a name?) to Barnet. Regards JB, you just gotta be clear with him and he's alright, even when dressed as a purple monster. =D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

NO!!!! I don't have a name for my drum, or my car!!
That is just wrong
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Call your drum Dave. I heard you were good at banging things called Dave...... :rofl:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

scottbrehaut wrote:Call your drum Dave. I heard you were good at banging things called Dave...... :rofl:
:lol:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

forgive my ignorance (been a while since I was at Plainmoor) but is Joe Barlow the guy with the ginger hair and slightly vacant expression? I guess he'd be...what, 20 or so now?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Yes. Thats him.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

scottbrehaut wrote:Call your drum Dave. I heard you were good at banging things called Dave...... :rofl:
You may have only HEARD that I was good at it, but I know I AM good at it. Funny how he always says I am much better than that French bloke who only comes over for the glory games.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Ha ha - he always invites me back though......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

I agree about some of the songs coming out, 'come on stanley' started to p**s me off. I think we have pushed the group forward well with a number of bigger flags at the back and a noticable raise in the noise levels. It annoys we how the stewards won't allow hand flags, any reason at all?