Can Nicholson keep us up

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Will Nicho keep us up this season

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 295

DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Did i not see don o riordon missing from that article
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Poor old Don was doing okay until he lost the likes of Darren Moore, Adrian Foster and had to rely upon the Mark Hawthornes of this world!
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

Id bet my life savings with anyone who is up for it. 100% we will not go down. Much more likely we fold altogether I fear

So to answer the original question, YES fu#k yeah Nico can keep us up! and hell yes he is gonna get the best out of the squad he has and improve several of them rapidly espeically as a unit in whole.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

moneylife wrote:Id bet my life savings with anyone who is up for it. 100% we will not go down.
Before I take on your bet, how much is your life savings ?? ;-)
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

£6.20
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

moneylife wrote:£6.20
Nah - I'm not risking £6.20. Bet's off. =D
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

Oh dear. "players should play with a smile on their faces" according to Nicho. NO. they need to play with a steely determination to win etched deeply on their faces, Have a look at the rugger buggers. Are they smiling? No, they are determined to win, and when they go behind, their determination only increases. Smiles come at the final whistle with victory. Points and wins will bring confidence. What is needed now is to make the team realise that they were not good enough, but could be, given good team choices, max effort from each player, and some decent tactics and practised set pieces which are adhered to.
PS Rodgers for Assistant Manager?
:scarf:
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

No way Nicholson can keep is up !!!! We are a ship that is sinking at a slow rate

Added in 4 hours 14 minutes 52 seconds:
Tough task will need some assistance pritty sharp, if young was captain last year why can't he help Nicholson in the dugout , injured and not doing a lot just a thought cheap option as he's getting paid anyway
:scarf: :whistle:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

First of all we have to remember it's only early October and there's a lot of points still up for grabs. When Nico was appointed, rather like when Hargreaves got the gig, I was unimpressed....

However, we are not in a position to be bringing a "name" manager in so Nico is the best we could hope for. He probably hasn't got a bulging contact book but building relations with Bristol City would be a good shout seeing as they're much further up the ladder but only 2 hours away. They must have some promising youngsters looking for first team action.

Appointing McDonald as captain could be a good move and hopefully it will calm him down now he has new found responsibility. Hurst needs to adjust to a new role of right sided midfielder in a 4-4-2 formation and Nico needs to accept he can no longer cut it and stay on the sidelines.

Can Nico keep us up? Yes I think he can but it will be ugly, we'll probably scrape survival and then the real games begin because anything similar to this next year will not be acceptable. A clear vision needs to be outlined.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Deja Vu?

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Simple answer is 'no'. He can't manage the players he's got.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I agree. It's just disappointing to read my post from 12 months ago and see nothing has changed.

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

At the moment, no. The squad is not as good as last season as we all know but if our money concerns continue on their downward spiral then I can see a few players being let go. Players like Moore and Young deserve better than this.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He's the best manager we will get.

No-one else will work for nothing, work with nothing and drive the bus to away games. If you want proof then Paul Cox left by September and straight into a better job elsewhere.

Kevin Nicholson is doing an incredible job - we have eleven good players starting every week and are reaching into the community. With the conditions he has to work with that's as good as it gets.

If I were to list the absolute very LAST thing I would change about TUFC it would be Kevin Nicholson. We are a shambles off the pitch and he's putting up with far more than any manager should do. Last season he saved us and this season we are only slightly, extremely marginally, under par. The problems are very clearly and obviously coming from off the pitch, which impacts on the pitch but you can't blame the on pitch staff for that. Especially when they're giving it their all and well beyond their job descriptions purely for our benefit.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Absolutelythirdrate

Post by Absolutelythirdrate »

On that performance today no he can't keep us up. Regardless of the off field shambles, they simply aren't good enough. It was pathetic today, no other word for it.