Crawley - At It Again

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

numpte wrote:I think we should all just get over it and move on. They won, end of.
Never! =D
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

numpte wrote:I think we should all just get over it and move on. They won, end of.
Not that easy pal, I know that I will always dislike Crawley and THAT defeat will always be painful in the memory. It's just part of being a supporter.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

It's more than that for me. Its what they represent and how they go about doing this.

On the day we did not turn up and they probably deserved the win, it's the way they went about achieving it and the general attitude from all at the club and all those who support them (suddenly this has x by 10 now they are playing Man Utd!)

They are the scum of football and until they get what they deserve I will always feel a great deal of injustice.

It is only a matter of time though and I look forward to that day :-D
Last edited by Richinns on 16 Feb 2011, 16:56, edited 2 times in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Well atleast we know, if we want to see crawley get murdered (In the game) then we know we can watch it with the amount of empty seats available at Old Trafford! :rofl:
Torquay Till I Die!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Richinns wrote:
It's more than that for me. Its what the represent and how they go about doing this.

On the day we did not turn up and they probably deserved the win, it's they way they went about achieving it and the general attitude from all at the club and all those who support them (suddenly this has x by 10 now they are playing Man Utd!)

They are the scum of football and until they get what they deserve I will always feel a great deal of injustice.

It is only a matter of time though and I look forward to that day :-D

my thoughts exactly.

throughout my life, i have been to many games, and whilst i probably can't recall most of them, there are certain matches, places, times, who i was with, etc etc, that remain in my memory. there are some good memories, some bad, and the torquay v crawley FA cup tie is another that i won't forget, put the defeat aside, it's all the crap that went with it that i won't forget. the game itself was far from memorable, but i won't forget what i saw that day. and that is not how it should be.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... nich-video

Fourth paragraph down:

Crawley posted the video on YouTube, as well as the club's website, without realising that one of the people dancing by the stage frequently makes aircraft gestures to mock the tragedy in 1958 when the plane carrying United's team crashed on the runway at Munich, killing 23 of the 44 passengers, including eight members of the team, on the way back from a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade.

So therefore I go back to my original post and feelings on this subject "They posted it on their website and officially on YouTube so it was connected to the club. Either they knew about his actions or they did not check it properly - either way it is very irresponsible of the club!"

God I hate Crawley!

Rich, while I share the same feelings as you do, your inference was that they were to blame, I disagree, sure they made a mistake, I wouldn't call it irresponsible, as soon as they realised they took action, can't say fairer than that. You've even highlighted the reason why I wouldn't blame the club.

I'd agree entirely with what Regiment has since posted.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

regiment0609 wrote:
my thoughts exactly.

throughout my life, i have been to many games, and whilst i probably can't recall most of them, there are certain matches, places, times, who i was with, etc etc, that remain in my memory. there are some good memories, some bad, and the torquay v crawley FA cup tie is another that i won't forget, put the defeat aside, it's all the crap that went with it that i won't forget. the game itself was far from memorable, but i won't forget what i saw that day. and that is not how it should be.
I think it's also the fact that history was so close to being broken. Everything felt right. I never, ever thought I'd go into an FA Cup 4th Round tie supporting Torquay, as the higher team. It's such a missed opportunity, and many of our fans are unlikely to ever see such a good chance to break that club record again.

(Unless we get to the 4th round next season, at Crawley, and smash them 6-0.)

:whistle:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Rich, while I share the same feelings as you do, your inference was that they were to blame, I disagree, sure they made a mistake, I wouldn't call it irresponsible, as soon as they realised they took action, can't say fairer than that. You've even highlighted the reason why I wouldn't blame the club.

I'd agree entirely with what Regiment has since posted.

After I saw the video I have softend my stance (as seen by what I posted later).

My feelings towards them have not lessened though!
Last edited by Richinns on 16 Feb 2011, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The guy who did it got what he deserved, let's hope that Evans Raynor and co get theirs on Saturday :red:
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Agreed. :-D

As it happened,several (many) Magners in quick succession immediately after the game ensured the moving on process was in motion by 6.30pm the same evening. ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

We took loads of "day-trippers" to Wembley but they really take the biscuit! 12,000 going to Old Trafford on Saturday, on Monday they took 80 to Wrexham! Had to cancel a minibus due to lack of interest!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I thought it was 39, Jerry.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

To be honest I think we should draw a line under all this.

Yes they did what we know a Steve Evans side will do but they also outplayed us and deserved to win and we weren't exactly a shining light for good sportmanship ourselves,
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Very true, sooner Man utd win, the better. We can all forget and go back to dreaming of a devon derby!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Devon derby...

Looking at the sides who could come down, I'd take Swindon, Argyle, Brizzle R and Yeovil..

Maybe staying down here could be good afterall! (should they come down)