Crawley - At It Again

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Crawley - At It Again

Post by Regiment »

Less than a month since having to endure Crawley coming to Plainmoor and their behaviour before, during and after the game, it seems they're at it again in the build up to their dream tie at Old Trafford :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12462959

Like many of you, i came away from Plainmoor that day thinking the gamesmanship, attitude and all round disrespect shown by the crawley staff and players, was amongst the worst i'd ever seen. when i think what it would've meant to me, to all of you, and the club, for US to have landed that draw against Man Utd, and Crawley got it instead, it just makes me sick.

i'm not a bad loser or a bad sport, but i really hope they get a proper thumping - you know, one of those scores they put in brackets on the vidiprinter !!!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I can honestly say that with all my heart I hope the club gets what it deserves and in the next few years they fail to exist anymore. I am all for the development of smaller teams but THEY and the way they go about things only serve football badly.

This latest instalment highlights this perfectly

I cannot wait until their 'sugar daddies' get bored with them and bugger off leaving an unrecoverable mess!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Hah, I was just about post the exact same thing. Well, link to the Guardian, but the same story.

Stay classy, Crawley.

There are a couple of guys in the office who follow football and they think it's great that "little old crawley" are playing man u. I soon put them straight. With swearing.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

happytorq wrote:There are a couple of guys in the office who follow football and they think it's great that "little old crawley" are playing man u. I soon put them straight. With swearing.
It's just a natural reaction, the subject of Crawley comes up and I just can't control myself.
I dislike them more than any Premier team and wish the media would do a little bit of digging, they may not be so keen on them if they did.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

HRG wrote: It's just a natural reaction, the subject of Crawley comes up and I just can't control myself.
I dislike them more than any Premier team and wish the media would do a little bit of digging, they may not be so keen on them if they did.
I dislike them more Excreta!!!
TUST member 328
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

HRG wrote: It's just a natural reaction, the subject of Crawley comes up and I just can't control myself.
Fully agree - I'm starting to think colleagues are just mentioning them to see and hear me rant now. I can't quite put into words how much I detest Crawley. I was pissed off for the whole week after that result.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Yeah. Them too!
Forgot all about them what with Premier youth plans and Crawley pillocks. I declare this to be a day of serious dislike!
:whip:
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Absolutely feel the same. As I said at the time, the defeat to the Crawlies hurt more than the Play Off semi defeat to the Excrement. It's Evans at the root of it for me: a more objectionable, thuggish, criminal and despicable character would be hard to imagine..oh hang on, there's Raynor too.... I rest my case.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

What I'd give to see Sir Alex stick his chewing gum in Evan's hair or... :slap:
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

My email to
[email protected]

Title: Your continuing moral turpitude

Dear Sirs,

The latest episode of mocking the Munich air crash adds exponentially to your appalling reputation. Perhaps you could explain the following:

1) Your employment of a convicted criminal as manager
2) The blatant disregard for propriety by your players warming up in the 18 yard area at Torquay.
3) Despicable attempts by your forward simulating a head injury in order to win a penalty or get an opponent sent off.

It is remarkable that this is the first time in the history of the FA cup that neutrals will be supporting the oft reviled Manchester United against a non-league team.

Your club's evident lack of professionalism and integrity does not seem to prepare you well for your place in the Football League. There are many who will be hoping you fail to achieve that status.

Yours,

S. J.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I could not give a hoot at the actual score, but I would love Crawley to try similar tactics at Manchester United as they did at Plainmoor, that would cause national headlines that would have serious reprocussons (have I spealt that right?) for Crawley

....I do not wan't them to go up, but if they do can you imagine Torquay v Crawley on the opening day!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair, it was a fan aged 19 who posted something on youtube, not really anything to do with the club is it?

Now as for the rest of the argument I hate them as much as anyone, but in this case they as a club are not responsible and have taken the action of banning the lad for life. If they follow it up with bans to Pat Evans and Claire Raynor then that's fine by me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:To be fair, it was a fan aged 19 who posted something on youtube, not really anything to do with the club is it?

Now as for the rest of the argument I hate them as much as anyone, but in this case they as a club are not responsible and have taken the action of banning the lad for life. If they follow it up with bans to Pat Evans and Claire Raynor then that's fine by me.
They posted it on their website and officially on YouTube so it was connected to the club. Either they knew about his actions or they did not check it properly - either way it is very irresponsible of the club!
TUST member 328
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I agree Mid, Fergie won't stand for any nonsense. Evans and Raynor will try and act like gents I'm sure but as they say 'you can't polish a turd'
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote: They posted it on their website and officially on YouTube so it was connected to the club. Either they knew about his actions or they did not check it properly - either way it is very irresponsible of the club!

This the quote that reinforces my view: "A United fan complained that the video, posted on YouTube, featured a supporter making aircraft gestures."

The club followed up by banning him for life, don't see how you can blame them in any way to be honest.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com