Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've had a look at the new Players Fund website. It says: 'We need you our loyal supporters and businesses to contribute to this success. With this in mind, we've designed a series of contribution packages which start from as little as £475.00.'

In other words, there is a range of benefits for those who contribute between £475 and £4750. It does not say so, but presumably these are for annual contributions. Obviously this scheme is designed for the relatively small number of more affluent supporters. Which is fair enough. And the website also encourages those who contribute smaller amounts (which is the vast majority of us) to continue doing so.

But that's it. The issues which have concerned me regarding the Players Fund from the outset remain unanswered: donations are made to the club itself rather than to a specific fund, the Fund appears not to be ring-fenced for the purpose it was set up for, and supporters are never informed as to how the money is spent and how much remains in the Fund.

And of course there are other financial problems, costs for which supporters' donations could help and which might reasonably be included in the Players Fund, such as travel to away matches, the costs of kit, etc., but these are not specified. All we are told is that it's a 'players fund'.

There appears to be no accountability here, which does not encourage supporters who would otherwise be happy to help. Yet those who run the club appear to have no interest in communicating with supporters. They remain silent.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 22 Nov 2016, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

SIGN KIEFFER MOORE WITH THE PLAYERS FUND ANYONE?
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

FGR won't let us keep him. Why would they?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I would be surprised if his next permanent club was anything below League Two play-off level.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We have him for about 3 more games, and anything beyond that would be up to FGR. After being given a chance in their own first team, or being sold in the January window, staying with us is definitely the 3rd choice option for FGR.

Still, beggars can't be choosers and these 4 points in the last week, plus anything in the next few games, may prove crucial come May.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Question.Loan is 28 days. Debut 19th November v Wrexham. 28 days runs out Friday 16th December the day before we play York City away.
In theory the loan will be up. I guess it depends on Forest Green Rovers or is it a question of Loan Rules?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Anyone know if this is still running? I know a lot of people (myself included) stopped direct debits on the announcement of GI but I suspect not everybody would have or go around to doing so?

From what I have been told it was 4k that GI/Harrop pulled the plug on last minute (for two players). Seriously - if true that is beyond farcical!

I wonder if this is still running whether it no longer is a separate pot. I would hope that GI closed the account down if they were not going to keep the initiative going but as far as I am aware this was never communicated on if it is the case.

Would be interesting to know if there is still a fund, what is in it if there is and whether Nicho was allowed to utlise it should there have be any funds in there!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The players fund to my knowledge was not a separate account, monies paid went into a general bank account with the club (under the Dave Philips regime) claiming that said monies would be ring fenced for Nico to buy players.
Like you say I expect some people paying by direct debit have probably forgotten to cancel, although I hope not, since the current owners have no intention of strengthening the squad those individuals are being robbed and the club taking money under false pretences.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Can we find out if they have been taken individual payments in the form of Direct Debits? What this total might be?

We wouldn't want to think its being misappropriated.
If anyone can prove that they are still paying into the fund please post on the Facts only thread.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

What's the betting there's no money left in the Players' Fund? Or that any remaining income, or funds which may be there, simply sinks without trace into the club's general finances, some of which may be set aside to pay players' wages, or not, as the case may be. That none of the money paid into the fund can actually be accounted for. That if the club is still pocketing money from the fund in current circumstances, then somebody should consider suing the club?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

kevgull wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 17:54 Can we find out if they have been taken individual payments in the form of Direct Debits? What this total might be?

We wouldn't want to think its being misappropriated.
If anyone can prove that they are still paying into the fund please post on the Facts only thread.
I cancelled when Osborne took over, I'll give not a penny of my hard earned money to him.
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Gullscorer wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 18:26 What's the betting there's no money left in the Players' Fund? Or that any remaining income, or funds which may be there, simply sinks without trace into the club's general finances, some of which may be set aside to pay players' wages, or not, as the case may be. That none of the money paid into the fund can actually be accounted for. That if the club is still pocketing money from the fund in current circumstances, then somebody should consider suing the club?
This is a genuine question. Did we ever know, for sure, that the Players' Fund money was ringfenced?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I cancelled my direct debit likewise when GI took over, but do you really expect to get a response from the club or should I say our general manager running the club. Errrr no comment
Lucy
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

The money was ring fenced terry
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To stop Harrop eating it?