Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

If the Club wanted to use players fund money to help with other expenses then it would be easy. it would just need forward planning. and an idea or projection of what the fans might pay in. then all they need to do is reduce the money they have allocated and they would then have redirected money into other uses. and when the fans ask where the players fund has gone they can say. look this fund has funded players. with no mention of they finds normally provided having been reduced. Im not saying they have done that but it doesn't take a genius to work out a method does it.?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Like a number of other people I assumed that donations for the players fund was being paid into a separate account. Now it seems not. Maybe TUST on behalf of those who contributed to the fund could now approach the board and obtain reassurances along with proof that these contributions are being given to Nico in full to enhance the team. If the board either refuse this request or cannot give adequate reassurances, then we are left to draw our own conclusions.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Are we getting carried away here?
It was made clear that this was a separate fund solely for the use of player recruitment (transfer & signing fees and wages). Do we have anything more than rumour and supposition here?
I realise this is the fault of the board, we have seen a lot over the last few years that a vacuum of information from the club leads to rumours, untruths and plain lies. This means we need to be even more careful when taking in information that we aren't simply beleiving everything that everyone says. We must question everything.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Following the Gaming International time-wasting fiasco, a number of supporters are beginning to renew their contributions to the Players Fund. I hope as many as possible will donate to this worthy cause. I have no reason to believe that monies donated will be used for anything other than players' fees and wages. However, I feel it is incumbent upon the club to account for this by issuing occasional details of how much is donated and how the money is used. This would certainly please those who have donated, and should encourage others to add their contributions. And if the club is engaging in discussions with TUST, perhaps they could agree a more open and formal process by which fans could financially support the club with donations and investment. As Hector said on another thread, to improve transparency, having an elected supporter representative on the board is the least the club should offer if they want fans to subsidise the football club. No donation without representation..
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Does anyone know if the account number and sort code posted above (earlier in the thread) are still up to date?

I will be starting with my monthly donations ASAP. Thank you.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

MH91, the information supplied by Richinns last month is still current:

There are a number of ways to make a donation:
1.* Transfer money by BACS direct from your account to the club's (Account details below).
2.* Standing Order. Set up a standing order with your bank using the account details below. Arrange this directly with your bank, or the club can supply standing order forms and send to your bank for you - you can complete this by calling into reception.
3. Credit/Debit card. You can ring the club or come into reception and give your card details.
4. Cheque. Make your cheque payable to ‘Torquay United FC’ and post or drop it off at the club.
*The club's account details are: Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04. Please use your name as the reference.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Transparency.

I agree with that. I've not stopped my £15 a month but sure as hell would have hit the delete button if GI took over although I was pretty confident they wouldn't.

Now though, it would be good to get some feedback on how much is being raised and where it's going. At the moment it's blind faith and our chequered recent history of dodgy characters will undoubtedly raise suspicions.
TUST #324
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I think the least we could have would be a statement at the end of the transfer window saying how much has been raised and where it has been spent. Something to know it's not just going in to a blackhole.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

As we don't have a transfer window, that could be a very long wait ;-) but questions relating to the Players Fund could well be addressed at the Fans Forum which will most probably be held before too long.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

numpte wrote:Transparency.

I agree with that. I've not stopped my £15 a month but sure as hell would have hit the delete button if GI took over although I was pretty confident they wouldn't.

Now though, it would be good to get some feedback on how much is being raised and where it's going. At the moment it's blind faith and our chequered recent history of dodgy characters will undoubtedly raise suspicions.
We had updates last season so I can't see why this season should be any different?

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 88601.aspx

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 58449.aspx
yellowblackwhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Post by yellowblackwhite »

I would like to see my money go in the direction of what we (the fans) would like to see. Whilst dangerous to judge a player on one performance it is clear that Huth has ability and is at a perfect age to sign.

The fact he has appeared for several clubs pre-season and that his agent would make the effort to get him a game at Torquay must mean his earning ambitions are realistic in line with the club. Else what a waste of time for both him and TUFC.

I am more than happy to pledge the £10 a month £120 up front, if a few more follow me then would this lead to a very positive signing in Huth?

Good luck this season TUFC!!!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Alpine Joe wrote:As we don't have a transfer window, that could be a very long wait ;-) but questions relating to the Players Fund could well be addressed at the Fans Forum which will most probably be held before too long.
I thought we did now, or is it just loaning players from the League that can't be done outside of their window?

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I have not stopped my monthly payment, even when I thought there was a risk that it might end up in the pockets of Clark Kent. I would have stopped if GI had taken over though. I pledge to carry on paying for the rest of this season, £10 per month isn't a fortune but all I can pay for now.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Posted on the statement release the other day;

The Player’s Fund
Without the incredibly generous contributions our fans made last year to the fund, we would have struggled to put out the team that saved us from relegation. The Great Escape was very much achieved through Kevin using the players’ fund money you donated to assist in putting together a squad that worked hard and developed a tremendous effort and team ethos. With the uncertainty of the takeover I understand totally that many of you may have been reluctant to contribute so far this season. In fact, last month’s donations were the smallest amount since the fund was set up. 100% of every penny you donate is used on players, nothing else. If you can help, we are all eternally grateful. Your contribution could be what makes the difference.

Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... ESp0hx9.99