Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Players fund

Post by lucy6lucy »

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 75268.aspx

A very honest request. This is what many have been asking for, who is up for this. It only needs 200 of us to donate a tenner a month to meet the target set out.
Last edited by lucy6lucy on 27 Jul 2015, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yes it is. I am thinking about it. I have bought a season ticket I will hardly use so I sort of think Ive done my bit.
TUST MEMBER
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

After Seeing what Grimsby Achieved I am over the moon that we are doing the same thing, therefore I have sent a donation :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

already give thru the menbership scheme, voluntarily increased to £25 pm, but thinking of doing an extra tenner too
still keeping the faith
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Set my standing order up now. Tenner a month. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to get a few hundred fans contributing and hit or exceed the target quickly. Other clubs are doing this and I am glad to see the Gulls doing the same.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Time for all true supporters to rally to the cause. £10 a month, £2 a week, or even £1 a week. Who of us can't afford that? How much more do we normally waste on unnecessary expenditure which could be put to a good use such as this?

But, that said, equally important perhaps is the necessity to turn up regularly at matches and support the team on the pitch with the Plainmoor Roar. BUT BRING SOMEBODY WITH YOU, a friend, neighbour, colleague, niece or nephew, anyone, who might become an enthusiastic regular supporter in the future. How much extra money would that bring in to the club.

Another thought: anybody who has made or is planning to make a will (and everybody should): how about leaving a small (or even not so small) gift to the club in your will?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Personally I would rather donate to a player fund than anything else - so I am thinking about it as well. If we get anywhere near the target I will donate a tenner a month but if we only get about thirty pounds or so then it will be a waste of time. Hopefully the club will update how this is going. Perhaps the club could be slighty more imaginative and set the donation at a regular tenner a month with the prize of an autographed shirt or something each month when the target is reached

I would also like to make a donation so that Steve Breed could buy a razor' looking like the son of Hickory Hollers tramp isn't the best look for the Chief Executive.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Or you could donate a tenner a month from the outset, and help the fund to reach its target, and so encourage others to do the same. If things don't turn out that way, you could always stop your donations, you stingy, tight old git.. :~D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yo, Tezza, would a signed ball tickle your pickle?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't want anything - it was a suggestion. Seriously though I do think that getting two hundred diehards to fork out a tenner a month is achievable, I am just wondering how best to go about it.
For a start how about everyone who is going to it puts their name on this thread and see how we go - I think someone said that had already donated (may have been gullinwotplaces) not sure.
Not trying to name and shame anyone but if we could get a whole list of names on here it would be great - I do hope the club keep us updated with how many they get and whether the target is achieved.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

brucie wrote:Personally I would rather donate to a player fund than anything else - so I am thinking about it as well. If we get anywhere near the target I will donate a tenner a month but if we only get about thirty pounds or so then it will be a waste of time. Hopefully the club will update how this is going. Perhaps the club could be slighty more imaginative and set the donation at a regular tenner a month with the prize of an autographed shirt or something each month when the target is reached

As long as he can do the job and behave with integrity which I'm sure he can then who gives a **** what he looks like?!!

There's been too many suit wearing charlatans behind closed doors at TQ1 in recent years and look how that's panned out. Being clean shaven and wearing a suit makes me instantly suspicious.

If you were going into heart bypass surgery next month under the capable hands of the UK's leading heart surgeon would you give it a swerve on the basis that he looked like Chewbacca?

HE SHAVES WHEN HE WANTS!! HE SHAVES WHEN HE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS!! STEVE BREEDY - HE SHAVES WHEN HE WANTS!! ;-)
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well im in, :scarf: cheque in the post,
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

brucie wrote:Personally I would rather donate to a player fund than anything else - so I am thinking about it as well. If we get anywhere near the target I will donate a tenner a month but if we only get about thirty pounds or so then it will be a waste of time. Hopefully the club will update how this is going. Perhaps the club could be slighty more imaginative and set the donation at a regular tenner a month with the prize of an autographed shirt or something each month when the target is reached

I would also like to make a donation so that Steve Breed could buy a razor' looking like the son of Hickory Hollers tramp isn't the best look for the Chief Executive.
Perhaps the first few hundred quid raised should go towards a stylist for our Steve-good make-over could transform him into the sexiest CEO since Karren Brady ;-) .
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

Talking about the player fund, when Steve was doing the 50/50 at half time said that the some since the weekend is £4000
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

lucusmc wrote:Talking about the player fund, when Steve was doing the 50/50 at half time said that the some since the weekend is £4000
and there were commitments for a regular payments that added up to £250 per week, I thought I heard him say.

Halfway to the target of £500 per week :clap: