Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tomogull wrote: I may be a bit slow today, but who is CR ??? The only CR I can think of is Chris Roberts and he resigned years ago, thank Gawd !! :|

Ah - I may have got it. Chris Ralph our great groundsman who did such a good job last season. He is most definitely worth keeping. As I am posting this, the AGM is underway. I would like to be a fly on the wall ..........
Courtney Richards Tomo.

Yes - I would love to know what is going on at the AGM right now.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Courtney Richards Tomo.

I think he meant re-sign rather than resign. :lol:
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

[quote="Richinns"] I hope the fact that Nicho's remaining budget has been taken away from him is clearly communicated and I hope Nicho does not walk away from us because of this and other promises made which are now a distant memory. Kev was doing brilliantly assembling a very decent squad on a small budget and to complete this to a point which is the very minimum we need for this season then he is going to need our help.
I stopped my monthly payments when the GI talks started but as soon as the truth comes out I will be make a deposit (Nicho will need immediate funds to get a squad without holes in it assembled before season start). I am not doing this for Phillips or the remaining directors (who have led us down this path of disaster) but for Kevin Niicholson - who I hope will not walk before we can help him out.

Does this mean as it reads?.....Nicholson has NO money available to sign additional players? and whatever was left in the "pot" has been withdrawn?

If so, do you know why? Who has withdrawn the budget ..Phillips or GI taking back funds they had previously provided indicating the sale has died ?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html

Somewhat ridiculously we might have to wait even longer!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote:I am bumping this up because after the 11am AGM (as long as some truth is actually told!) then it will become very apparent that if we want any of:
- a reserve striker
- a right winger
- CR to resign
- a back-up keeper
then we can only get this through this initiative. I hope the fact that Nicho's remaining budget has been taken away from him is clearly communicated and I hope Nicho does not walk away from us because of this and other promises made which are now a distant memory. Kev was doing brilliantly assembling a very decent squad on a small budget and to complete this to a point which is the very minimum we need for this season then he is going to need our help.
I stopped my monthly payments when the GI talks started but as soon as the truth comes out I will be make a deposit (Nicho will need immediate funds to get a squad without holes in it assembled before season start). I am not doing this for Phillips or the remaining directors (who have led us down this path of disaster) but for Kevin Niicholson - who I hope will not walk before we can help him out.
Details below:

How can you donate?

There are a number of ways to make a donation:
1.* Transfer money by BACS direct from your account to ours (Account details below).
2.* Standing Order. Set up a standing order with your bank using the account details below. We can supply the standing order forms and send to your bank for you. You can complete this by calling into reception.
3. Credit/Debit card. You can ring the club or come into reception and give your card details.
4. Cheque. Make your cheque payable to ‘Torquay United FC’ and post or drop it off at the club.
*The account details are: Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04. Please use your name as the reference.
So we seem to be none the wiser following the AGM. You seem to have a lot of insider knowledge, care to share? Why has Nicho's remaining budget been taken away? Who has taken it away? Does this mean he no longer has access to the Player Fund? If not then what is happening to all the money being donated?

*I am of course not expecting any answers as I suspect your "fact" is actually just presumed bullshit.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

PhilGull wrote: So we seem to be none the wiser following the AGM. You seem to have a lot of insider knowledge, care to share? Why has Nicho's remaining budget been taken away? Who has taken it away? Does this mean he no longer has access to the Player Fund? If not then what is happening to all the money being donated?

*I am of course not expecting any answers as I suspect your "fact" is actually just presumed bullshit.
And what of the season ticket money?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote: So we seem to be none the wiser following the AGM. You seem to have a lot of insider knowledge, care to share? Why has Nicho's remaining budget been taken away? Who has taken it away? Does this mean he no longer has access to the Player Fund? If not then what is happening to all the money being donated?

Bullshit? You really think so do you?

I am not the one hiding answers. The chairman and board (who banned all media from attending the AGM) continue to tell the blood stream of the club absolutely nothing whilst expecting them to continue to contribute to the players fund and purchase season tickets. The outcomes from the AGM are beyond disrespectful and if you cannot see the club is currently in trouble then that is your choice but don't try putting any of this on me.

and just to clear up - I never said he did not have access to the players fund (and that this money has gone to something else) as I know not. Just that this fund will need to be significantly boosted to fill the gaps that remain in the squad.
TUST member 328
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote: Bullshit? You really think so do you?

I am not the one hiding answers. The chairman and board (who banned all media from attending the AGM) continue to tell the blood stream of the club absolutely nothing whilst expecting them to continue to contribute to the players fund and purchase season tickets. The outcomes from the AGM are beyond disrespectful and if you cannot see the club is currently in trouble then that is your choice but don't try putting any of this on me.

and just to clear up - I never said he did not have access to the players fund (and that this money has gone to something else) as I know not. Just that this fund will need to be significantly boosted to fill the gaps that remain in the squad.
You said "I hope the fact that Nicho's remaining budget has been taken away from him is clearly communicated". I was merely asking for some clarity on this. What is your source? Who has told Nicho that his remaining transfer budget has been taken away?

I agree that the lack of communication is disappointing, I would point out though that there is a difference between "banning the media" and simply not inviting them. This was an AGM of shareholders, not a public meeting, the only people with a right to be there were shareholders.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote: You said "I hope the fact that Nicho's remaining budget has been taken away from him is clearly communicated". I was merely asking for some clarity on this. What is your source? Who has told Nicho that his remaining transfer budget has been taken away?

I agree that the lack of communication is disappointing, I would point out though that there is a difference between "banning the media" and simply not inviting them. This was an AGM of shareholders, not a public meeting, the only people with a right to be there were shareholders.
The first year they have not been 'invited' in. I wonder why!
Herald Express need to step-up now and start putting pressure on for answers. We (the fans) and especially Nicho deserve much better.

re Nichos budget - this was supplied by GI who have funded the club for many months now in anticipation of the deal going through. They are not going to walk away from the table without this loan are they?! Expenditure has been frozen as a result and any 'Plan B' will have to now face a club which is not debt free.
Last edited by Richinns on 11 Jul 2016, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote: The first year they have not been 'invited' in. I wonder why!
Herald Express need to step-up now and start putting pressure on for answers. We (the fans) and especially Nicho deserves much better.
So is your "fact" actually a fact?

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote: So is your "fact" actually a fact?
I stand by my "re Nichos budget - this was supplied by GI who have funded the club for many months now in anticipation of the deal going through. They are not going to walk away from the table without this loan are they?! Expenditure has been frozen as a result and any 'Plan B' will have to now face a club which is not debt free."
I am trying to re-energise the players fund to try to help Nicho's and our cause. What are you doing apart from being a smartarse?
TUST member 328
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jerry wrote:Courtney Richards Tomo.

I think he meant re-sign rather than resign. :lol:
Ah, got it ! Thanks for clarification, Jerry. Re other postings - surely The Players Fund is ring-fenced and can only be used for the stated purpose? I donated last season and have dropped coins in the tin at the turnstile, but there is a limit to what we can keep giving. I am also donating to TUST each month, albeit a minimal amount.

The fact that Mr Phillips and the Board STILL can't/won't give any information, that this Memorandum thingy has been extended until the end of July (i.e. just before the start of the new season), that the media weren't invited to the AGM for the first time ever, plus what we already know about Gaming International's allegedly dubious previous dealings, should be setting alarm bells ringing very loudly.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Ring fenced? It's payments straight into a standard bank account. If the club wanted to spend it on other things it wouldn't be very hard.

Whether it'll be legal is another matter but how are you going to prove that the club is spending the money elsewhere without having access to it's accounts? Even shareholders only get sanitised limited representations of the club's financial activities.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I simply would not trust the club with my money now. Note to pay in by cheque you have to make it out to Torquay United FC. Which means the club can use it for anything.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

SenorDingDong wrote:Ring fenced? It's payments straight into a standard bank account. If the club wanted to spend it on other things it wouldn't be very hard.

Whether it'll be legal is another matter but how are you going to prove that the club is spending the money elsewhere without having access to it's accounts? Even shareholders only get sanitised limited representations of the club's financial activities.
I looked back to Richinns posting and you are right - donations to the Players Fund are paid directly into the club's banking account, not a separate account as I thought. In the Charity world, donations made for a specific purpose can only be used for the purpose stated. I don't know if this applies to private companies. And as you say, how do we know, or how can we prove, the money is being spent as intended? Oh bugg*r - something else to worry about !