Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And now Ajala maybe?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I'm sure( not fact) we get about 3k for being the away side live on BT sport
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Latest: http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 88601.aspx
Please give generously: one-time or regular donations, from £1 a week to £20 a month or whatever you can spare.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I hope that we are using this fund to sign a professional keeper for Saturday.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

kevgull wrote:I hope that we are using this fund to sign a professional keeper for Saturday.
Absolutely correct. We cannot risk fisher for 3 weeks, 1 match maybe but with the season just showing optimism we cannot risk playing a rookie in goal.
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

lucy6lucy wrote: Absolutely correct. We cannot risk fisher for 3 weeks, 1 match maybe but with the season just showing optimism we cannot risk playing a rookie in goal.
But surely, the chances of us signing an experienced keeper on loan will be exceptionally slim? So we'd end up with a rookie anyway.

The best we could probably hope for is a young keeper from somewhere on loan who maybe has played a few Conf/ Conf South games. However for every Michael Poke there is a Mikkel Anderssen (and yes, I know the level Anderssen is playing at now!). I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Given the timescale, I'd expect Fisher to play against Aldershot but longer term we cannot be playing an SDL keeper. This decision is absolutely critical to our chances of survival
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

With the takeover of the club imminent, will the players fund continue?
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

lucy6lucy wrote:With the takeover of the club imminent, will the players fund continue?
Why should it not continue? If those supporters who have a little extra to spare on a regular basis, or even a one-off donation, if they continue to contribute, it can only be to the benefit of the club we love.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I am less inclined to keep my donation going until the new owners have shown their hand. They are probably stand up fellows but I' not generally in the habit of handing over my hard earned to people I know nothing about.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Kit_robin wrote:I am less inclined to keep my donation going until the new owners have shown their hand. They are probably stand up fellows but I' not generally in the habit of handing over my hard earned to people I know nothing about.
Nobody would argue with that; it's your choice. On the other hand, I shall continue to contribute until such time as it's been proved to be either pointless or unnecessary..
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Why would it continue? The whole reason for it being set up in the first place was because a number of only moderately wealthy local fans had bailed out the club to their maximum financial limit and needed all the help they could get. The idea of the fund was based upon the premise that these local fans needed help from the rest of the fanbase and it rested implicitly upon the fact they were trustworthy and worthy of support because of who they were.

A national company with significant assets and which has hosted major music events in MK is not going to want handouts from the fans, not only because it doesn't want to have to justify how the money is spent, not only because it doesn't need the money (whether it'll spend lavishly on United is another matter...) but because it'd look bad to it's investors and potential business partners if it's begging for money from the fans of it's football club, it's football club which if it was a successful business should operate based upon attendance alone.

Apples and pears. Gaming International will not run the Players Fund or I'll eat my hat.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I am bumping this up because after the 11am AGM (as long as some truth is actually told!) then it will become very apparent that if we want any of:
- a reserve striker
- a right winger
- CR to resign
- a back-up keeper
then we can only get this through this initiative. I hope the fact that Nicho's remaining budget has been taken away from him is clearly communicated and I hope Nicho does not walk away from us because of this and other promises made which are now a distant memory. Kev was doing brilliantly assembling a very decent squad on a small budget and to complete this to a point which is the very minimum we need for this season then he is going to need our help.
I stopped my monthly payments when the GI talks started but as soon as the truth comes out I will be make a deposit (Nicho will need immediate funds to get a squad without holes in it assembled before season start). I am not doing this for Phillips or the remaining directors (who have led us down this path of disaster) but for Kevin Niicholson - who I hope will not walk before we can help him out.
Details below:

How can you donate?

There are a number of ways to make a donation:
1.* Transfer money by BACS direct from your account to ours (Account details below).
2.* Standing Order. Set up a standing order with your bank using the account details below. We can supply the standing order forms and send to your bank for you. You can complete this by calling into reception.
3. Credit/Debit card. You can ring the club or come into reception and give your card details.
4. Cheque. Make your cheque payable to ‘Torquay United FC’ and post or drop it off at the club.
*The account details are: Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04. Please use your name as the reference.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Richinns wrote:I am bumping this up because after the 11am AGM (as long as some truth is actually told!) then it will become very apparent that if we want any of:
- a reserve striker
- a right winger
- CR to resign
- a back-up keeper

- a club?

etc etc
I agree that Nicho has put together a very decent squad on a pittance, showing what shrewd and persuasive skills the man possesses.

Everything else is just a nightmare - please tell me I'll wake up soon! :no:
TUST member 200 ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Richinns wrote:I am bumping this up because after the 11am AGM (as long as some truth is actually told!) then it will become very apparent that if we want any of:
- a reserve striker
- a right winger
- CR to resign
I may be a bit slow today, but who is CR ??? The only CR I can think of is Chris Roberts and he resigned years ago, thank Gawd !! :|

Ah - I may have got it. Chris Ralph our great groundsman who did such a good job last season. He is most definitely worth keeping. As I am posting this, the AGM is underway. I would like to be a fly on the wall ..........