Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

When I was there we had a separate bank account that all the players fund donations went into I don't think Geoff eat it dave but what happens now well anything goes lol
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Previous poster details:

There are a number of ways to make a donation:
1.* Transfer money by BACS direct from your account to ours (Account details below).
2.* Standing Order. Set up a standing order with your bank using the account details below. We can supply the standing order forms and send to your bank for you. You can complete this by calling into reception.
3. Credit/Debit card. You can ring the club or come into reception and give your card details.
4. Cheque. Make your cheque payable to ‘Torquay United FC’ and post or drop it off at the club.
*The account details are: Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04. Please use your name as the reference.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'd never doubt your honesty or credibility mate, you've been one of the better things about the club over the last few seasons. Despite the flak you got from some quarters I would be proud of the way you've conducted yourself if I were in your shoes. Top bloke.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

There was a separate account for players fund Kev gulls I can guarantee you that
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

stephen breed wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 20:38 There was a separate account for players fund Kev gulls I can guarantee you that
Thanks Steve.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

For what's it's worth, I wasn't casting aspersions about previous regimes - it was a genuine question.

Still, are we able to find out if it's still ring fenced?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Some questions about the Players' Fund:
Does it still have a separate bank account?
Are there any funds left in it?
Since GI took over ownership of the club, who controls the Players' Fund? Clark Osborne?
If supporters are paying into the Fund, shouldn't supporters be running the Fund?
Or the TUST ? Or perhaps Kevin Nicholson himself?
How significant will the Fund be going into next season?
How can we ensure it supports the players rather than subsidise GI ?
Will the Fund have any effect on the amount of investment put into the squad by GI/Osborne?
Will Osborne put his money where his mouth is? Or will he actually reduce his investment if the Players' Fund increases?