Hargreaves, Hodges and Veysey on Gardening leave

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HopeGloryGulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Sharpe

Post by HopeGloryGulls »

Gardening leave is basically 2 months pay, if they're lucky. They can only get it if they've agreed to go.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Ally McCoist has been on gardening leave at Rangers since last December, and will continue to be paid until this coming December as he was on a one year rolling contract and is refusing to come to an agreement, so Rangers are liable for his contract. They are currently paying 4 managers, so things could always be worse for us.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

As I understand it - Gardening Leave means all three will have to be paid until their current contracts expire, or they come to a mutual payment agreement with the club and are then paid off.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I see the Herald has just published an article on their site, linking Cox, Elliott and Nicholson to the job - three names all mentioned on the forums. I was actually joking when I suggested Nico but the Herald has taken the bait. Do they get all their info from the message boards?

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html

I've heard strong rumours Matt Hockley is on the shortlist ;-)
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

tommyg wrote:I was actually joking when I suggested Nico but the Herald has taken the bait. Do they get all their info from the message boards?
Sometimes it seems like it. Though Nico as assistant may not be as left field as you imagine.
Just qualified at "B" I believe and will be looking to consolidate that with real world experience, lives in the area already and still good enough to cover for injuries on the pitch?
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Sunnysideup wrote: Sometimes it seems like it. Though Nico as assistant may not be as left field as you imagine.
Just qualified at "B" I believe and will be looking to consolidate that with real world experience, lives in the area already and still good enough to cover for injuries on the pitch?
Not going to argue with any of that. As I mentioned earlier, I would like an experienced player with coaching aspirations to double up as player/assistant. Nicholson ticks both boxes and I would guess be relatively cheap given that he was playing for expenses only at the start of last season with Kiddy.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think it's safe to say the H/E appear to know absolutely nothing when it comes all things TUFC.
Formerly known as forevertufc
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Craig Easton has just done his UEFA A license.

Just sayin'
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

RoadGull wrote:As I understand it - Gardening Leave means all three will have to be paid until their current contracts expire, or they come to a mutual payment agreement with the club and are then paid off.
Spot on. Usually people want to be at work and will accept a settlement of a little less than they are entitled to to leave now. It does depend whether any of these guys have been approached themselves, though - they don't have to settle early and it's not their fault if the club gave them contracts it couldn't afford.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Just as long as it's not Compton.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

So we're going continue to maintain this, the club couldn't afford their contracts line. Lets just get straight to the point, had CH taken us close to or lost in the play-offs even, he would still be TUFC manager on the same contract. If Paul Cox or someone of like stature is appointed, it will prove it was not a "we couldn't" afford, more a value for money problem.
Last edited by Dave on 15 Jun 2015, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

forevertufc wrote: If Paul Cox or someone of like statue is appointed, it will prove it was not a "we couldn't" afford, more a value for money problem.
Our problem has been statues in defence :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

happytorq wrote: Our problem has been statues in defence :)
:rofl: that error serves me right, spill chucking has never been a strong point. Oh and yes your right, statues indeed. :)
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Was there a question mark raised over Nicholsons reaction and attitude when he was dropped from the team ?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Now keep this quiet, you never know, the Herald might be listening. But I heard that Frank Ofarell might be on his way back again. with Mark Loram as assistant.

:lol: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843