Was yesterday a sign..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Was yesterday a sign..

Post by Plymouth Gull »

of how far we have come in the last 12 months?

I mean, from all reports, it sounds like we never needed to get out of second gear, whereas, in that sort of game - a tough battle with a struggling side, we'd have often come unstuck in the past. I mean, we have breezed through fairly comfortably without ever really needing to push it, and to me that is a sign of how far we've come under Buckle, and how we've improved as a squad and club. Many consider teams like Barnet to be equal to us, but I feel we've moved on from that group (Barnet, Accy, Macc etc).

Is the feeling just me, or does anyone think similar?

:scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I just wonder what might have been if only Buckle had been allowed to keep his original budget.

No point crying over spilt milk but I really believe he would have developed a fantastic squad for this level by now.

As I pointed out a while back, I think his use of the loan market has been very good, I'm sure that without selling Benyon he wouldn't have been able to attract the standard of loan players that he has. I know Fonda was dead set against letting Benyon go, but I'm sure even he would admit that it seems to have given an opportunity to The Kee(yser) to step up and fill his boots.

The admin cock-up may well have been a blessing in disguise as I'm sure Buckle is more determined than ever now to push us on into play-off contention. We all know he's ambitious and I'm sure he sees getting us promoted as a chance to enhance his CV and further his career. We had the basis of a good side already and have been a couple of players short all season from being a genuinely good team at this level. The players added, for the ones dispensed with has improved the team and made us stronger in my opinion. I'm confident we're going to have a real decent ending to the season now so time to get behind the players and coaching staff.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I agree with you Soton. The squad is now stronger although still dangerously thin. However, I was wrong about LRT not being made of the right stuff and if the rest of the second string can step up like he did this weekend then we should be optimistic about the rest of the season - the trouble is we've seen false dawns before!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes i do believe was it was Nick,far,far to many times in the past we have seen our team come against a run of games against teams in the bottom 3-4 places,expected 6 points,would settle for 4 points,and scraped 2 points or less,just to follow it up against promotion chasing sides and won.

It is very easy for players in a team sat in the top half to get totaly in the wrong mindset when faced the bottom two sides,all credit to the manager/players as the team took a very comfortable 6 points out of 6,which shows they were not only prepared physicaly and tacticly,also the mental preperation was right aswell,just need to go a run now,as a poor result against Burton will mean the last two games will count for nothing.
Formerly known as forevertufc