Retained list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

taxilady wrote:Duane's sister died recently, & he had a fairly lengthy time back with his family, which I thought was something that the Club got right this season. They seem to be a close-knit family, & it can appear a very long way away from London down here.
Shame, thanks for letting me know.

I know full well how far away I feel from my beloved TUFC, living near Cambridge!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I liked Duane, I thought there was some potential there, but understandable on both parts regarding the decision. I think the club have treated the situation well throughout even prior to his release, with the time they allowed him to spend with his family
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Rice, Cruise & Tonge also left today? Anyone know if this is correct? No surprise if they have.
The clear out begins! Who will be next?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

leetufc wrote:I liked Duane, I thought there was some potential there, but understandable on both parts regarding the decision. I think the club have treated the situation well throughout even prior to his release, with the time they allowed him to spend with his family
Perhaps the club have learned from the Ling fiasco.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote:Rice, Cruise & Tonge also left today? Anyone know if this is correct? No surprise if they have.
Where did you hear that from? Surely they are under contract until 30th June
Lucy
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

somebody who is 'usually in the know' has posted this info on another forum. Sometimes it helps players to be in the queue for work before 'the rush' at the end of the season. Also there is speculation that a player still under contract might be hoping to be elsewhere.....however, I know nothing !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'm sure that technically the players haven't left, but perhaps today was the day that the club told the players in question that they wouldn't be retained and they are free to canvass themselves around to other clubs.

Good luck to them - they'll do well to find anywhere!

Slightly disappointed to see Duane leave as he had potential and looked a real handful when he was on his game. Understandable reasons, and he looked like he might be the sort of player who if he can get a couple of good seasons in at Conf South level he could make an impact higher up the pyramid
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

taxilady wrote:somebody who is 'usually in the know' has posted this info on another forum. Sometimes it helps players to be in the queue for work before 'the rush' at the end of the season. Also there is speculation that a player still under contract might be hoping to be elsewhere.....however, I know nothing !
Maybe Ajala to Yeovil? Or Young? Or Bowman? Or Briscoe? Who Knows?!
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

nickbrod wrote: Maybe Ajala to Yeovil? Or Young? Or Bowman? Or Briscoe? Who Knows?!

I hope none of what you suggest happens nickbrod! Personally want to see Ajala, Young, Briscoe and Bowman all wearing TUFC yellow next season.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

nickbrod wrote:Rice, Cruise & Tonge also left today? Anyone know if this is correct? No surprise if they have.
I shall be very surprised if Rice has left the club. He is under contract until 30th June and will be required as a sub on Saturday. May well be true about Cruise and Tonge. Presumably, neither are fit to play on Saturday and it would be no surprise if both of them were not offered new contracts so there's no point in keepinmg them hanging around.
Mellow Yellow
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Whoever stays

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Dale Tonge has left.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Who is already under contract for next season?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

lexusguy wrote:Who is already under contract for next season?
Chaney, Parcell, Young, Bowman, Briscoe I believe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's a real shame, Must admit I was a big fan of Duane Ofori-Acheampong I guess recent events regards his sister will have out a big strain on Duane and his family, I wish him and his family all the best. Regards Tonge , Cruise no real surprise here, no real scoop, think Tonge and others knew they'd be off at the end of this season, Martin Rice, has been saying in private for some time he was going at the seasons end, so no real surprise there either.

Have heard in private, don't know how true it is that Ajala has got offers from others clubs and wants out, we'll soon see if that's true or not, rumours elsewhere that Bowman wants out as well, that would be a huge blow, the only forward we've got that looks as if he's got 20 goals a season in him, and it's all very well saying , yes but he's conference at best, but who are the club going to replace him with, somebody of League 2 standard, no, that would be a pipedream.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Admiral wrote: Chaney, Parcell, Young, Bowman, Briscoe I believe.
Richards is also under contract. Don't think Parcell is, though.

I'm sure Ajala is attracting interest but I do wonder what's going on with Young. I know we've been winning games without him but considering he's our captain and under contract it seems a bit strange that Hargreaves is sticking with Harding - who surely will be off - and McQuilken who is only on a short-term deal. Even Richards was preferred to Young as a sub at Halifax.