Top Scorer?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Top Scorer?

Post by Gulliball »

Benyon - 13

Zebroski - 9
Kee - 5
O'Kane - 4
Wroe - 3
Ellis - 2
Nicholson - 2
Robertson - 1
Robinson - 1
Rose - 1
Stevens - 1
Rowe-Tuner - 1

That's the current state of play after todays game. With 19 league games to play, can anyone get past Benyon's mark of 13? Zebroski needs 5, Kee needs 9 and Robinson needs 13.

If I were a betting man my money would be on Zebs personally, although Kee isn't totally out of it.

Note - this is league goals only. Benyon, O'Kane and Kee all have one cup goal each.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Zebroski i think will definatly go past 13 league goals,i also think now Billy kee is getting regular start and finding the net,his confidence has to rising,and would not rule him out of anything as far top goal scorer for us this season.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I think Kee will start banging them in on a regular basis now and overtake Benners.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

scottbrehaut wrote:I think Kee will start banging them in on a regular basis now and overtake Benners.
Benners tally is not the one to worry about - he needs to overtake ALF for me to get my Manolos..... Come on KingKee, you can do it

Note: that should read King Kee as in he is Torquay royalty, I have no idea about his private life :Oops:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I expect both Zebs and Kee to overtake Benyon. If they don't it will mean we are struggling for the rest of the season and I hope that's not the case!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

King Kee, King Billy puffing all the way to top scorer.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is NOT a Benny bashing post but...

I never really felt confident pre-match that Elliot would score. There was never a feeling that he was on a hot streak or was really up for it and looked like scoring. Now, this may well have been the fault of the system in which he was forced to play, but regardless, I would never have told people that it was more likely than not that he would score.
The striker either side of him (Tim and Billy) did and do give me that feeling. For me, it was always a nice surprise when Elliot scored, almost as if his goals were a bonus, where as with Billy recently, I have had the feeling that it was simply a matter of time before he scored. He always looks likely to pop up with a goal. I think this may have something to do with his willingness to shoot from range and his ability in that situation. He is almost the anti-Benyon. He can be virtually anonymous for a whole match, he didn't have a great game on Saturday, but it was absolutely no surprise when he scored. Benyon, on the other hand, ran and ran and ran but often came away with no reward.
As I say, it might be that Benyon was a victim of formation, but whatever it is that facilitates Billy's goal scoring record (such as it is), long may it remain.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Think zebs and kee will overtake benyons tally, think if zebs can get to 15 this season it would be a brilliant return from him.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

shame that alf didnt move on in window jane, that wouldve helped tubbs' cause a bit, i was on benyon, dunno whats happened to my bet now hes moved up a league? expect they'll keep my money no mattter what as bloody usual!!
still keeping the faith
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

bixieupnorth wrote:shame that alf didnt move on in window jane, that wouldve helped tubbs' cause a bit, i was on benyon, dunno whats happened to my bet now hes moved up a league? expect they'll keep my money no mattter what as bloody usual!!
He's a Conference player, Bix =D

:@