Chapell Departs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Chapell Departs

Post by royalgull »

Joined Grimsby on loan for the rest of the season.

Overall a big disappointment, was really happy when we signed him but other than a little spell at the start of last season just hasn't delivered.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Yep a big disappointment as he's not really delivered. Be interesting to see how he does at Grimsby. For me this looks like the beginning of clearing the decks before next season. Expect many more to follow.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

That's the first £375 pw saving achieved !!! :devil:
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

I believe Chappell was on a great deal more than £375 per week.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

The rebuilding starts!

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html

Now let's get some big earners off!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Good news!

No doubt in his effort on the pitch but not good enough and probably on a decent wage too,

1 down!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So disappointing. Who was the last big money signing to succeed at Plainmoor? It seems like we only ever have success with the freebies...

*I know he was free but only because Sheff Utd kept a big sell on clause.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Shame it wasn't Hargreaves that departed!!!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Phipsy wrote:I believe Chappell was on a great deal more than £375 per week.

It was an ironic comment, Phipsy !!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's a great shame that it hasn't worked out for him here. Just like Bodin, Constantine and many others, his permanent spell never lived up to the loan spell - apart from the blistering start he made to last season, scoring 4 or so before October.

It's a good move for him. Closer to home, something to play for, and a real chance to earn a permanent deal there.

For us, it might free up the money to get a left back in, or offer a deal to Guegan if we want to keep him. We may as well start planning for next season now.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Shame to see him go imo, I thought he was reasonably good, and could skin people quite easily on his day. Would much rather have Ajala and a new winger on the wings though.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

stevegull wrote:The rebuilding starts!
http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html
Now let's get some big earners off!
He's lucky that Grimsby wants him; other players leaving Plainmoor may not be so fortunate. On the other hand, circumstances at the club in recent years have not been conducive, for various reasons, to players giving their best, so it may be that some of them will do better with other clubs than they've done with the Gulls.

By the way, whenever I go to these newspaper websites I always get annoying pop-up Flash video advertisements, so I finally decided to do something about it. I'm no computer expert, far from it, but I found the following solution. This is for Internet Explorer, but there may be similar or better solutions for Chrome or Firefox. Some of you may find it useful:

Click on 'Tools', then on 'Manage Add-ons'. Look on the list for 'Shockwave Flash' and click on that. Finally, click on 'Remove all sites'. Instead of the pop-up videos, all you will get now is a prompt, so you can decide whether or not to look at them. :-D
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Thanks so much Gullscorer! The WMN website is awful for these full-page popups! Once you get in behind them there are actually some decent stories! Just drowning in adverts!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Gullscorer, I will never be able to express how greatful I am for that information :)
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'd just like to wish Jordan Chapell all the best for the future, lasts seasons top goal scorer with 5 goals despite being frozen out practically for most of second half of last season, Chapell a player with huge potential (yes, really) a player who CH failed to get the best out of, and that could have been down to homesickness maybe, and partly down to how he was managed.

He now goes onto a to a proper old school professional football club, nearer to home for him, no doubt he will settle in and do very well, and with Grimsby 3 points off top he could well have the last laugh if he earns himself a permanent deal, and leave us Gulls fans once again scratching our heads as to why he couldn't do that here with us.
Formerly known as forevertufc