Hargreaves 'wants chance'...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Hargreaves 'wants chance'...

Post by Fonda »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31985907

Nothing really to see here. Man whose job is under threat pleas for time.

'I've been hamstrung from day 1' - The part-time teams we play (and lose to) on a regular basis in this league are probably more 'hamstrung' Chris...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He says the same thing after every game - and the result in the next game is that we lose again.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

He is running out of chances!!

Anything but a win tomorrow and he has to go.

Surely Kelvin Thomas must be thinking the same if he is calling the shots!!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

You can't disagree with his desire to succeed as manager at Torquay , and he won't be quitting. So like many others have said, rate Hargreaves next season. KT, won't be advising Thea to get rid of Hargreaves, that will cost her money and he is here to save her money. Our solidarity aim now is to stay in this division and get a new owner / consortium ASAP. Thankfully our get out of jail card, is that welling united have a dreadfully tough run in.
Lucy
Greybeardedgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Greybeardedgull »

He has no respect from his players, they know he is an egotistical lier.
He thinks they don't know he is a lier but they do and as a result they do not respect him and will not play for him.
Even the players he has brought in know he thinks he is Pep Guardiola and laugh at him, so why would seasoned professionals do any different?
Knill kept us up -fact.
Blame Knill all day for me but he kept us up and in my opinion would have done again given the chance.
This bloke took us down and has continued to take us to
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Greybeardedgull wrote:He has no respect from his players, they know he is an egotistical lier.
He thinks they don't know he is a lier but they do and as a result they do not respect him and will not play for him.
Even the players he has brought in know he thinks he is Pep Guardiola and laugh at him, so why would seasoned professionals do any different?
Knill kept us up -fact.
Blame Knill all day for me but he kept us up and in my opinion would have done again given the chance.
This bloke took us down and has continued to take us to

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

I would not give him another chance. He has shown himself to be unable to bring success to the club. I'm sick and tired of those who say its not his team, wait until next season to properly judge him - this is bulls***!
What manger in any profession has the luxury of bringing in a team of their own people? Very, very few!! Most mangers take over a post and work with the people already there and get judged on this basis - Hargreaves is no different. His job is to make the players better -he has not done this - simple.
I accept that all the ills of the club are not down to CH and other changes are needed. However, he is responsible for motivating the team - he does not seem to be able to do this and we should find someone who can. For those that say we cannot afford to do so, What is the alternative? Just stick with CH and hope for the best? Why should his performance suddenly change after almost a season in charge?
Sorry he has got to go - does not deserve another chance.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Chris Hargreaves is finding out what a very lonely place it can be when you're employed as a professional manager, and is now finding just what Alan Knill was going through and just how Alan Knill was feeling whilst Chris, fans, and others were picking holes in everything AK said and did as our manager, there are suggestions being made elsewhere that CH has 180 minutes of football left to save his job, so should the team still be stuck 47 points come 9.30 Tuesday guess we'll have to watch this space.

Had a feeling for some time the players had lost respect if that's right word or trust whatever you want to call it in Chris Hargreaves, he locked them in the dressing room after Braintree, CH says it wasn't a tea cup smashing session, he says it was a team meeting about what they as group should be doing, and not doing. Well my message is simply here, CH, you locked them in after the Telford just days prior, and said you talked about what was required with and with out the ball, that's the point, if didn't work after Telford what makes you think that approach is going to work now, we'll see tomorrow, maybe we'll finally see this reaction you've been talking about for the past month.

Also, I will always be one of the first to say Footballers are entitled to a private life that goes with out saying, same applies to what players do with their free time. Match days are 'not' free time for players in my opinion, match days players should be focusing on the game and preparing in the right manner for the upcoming game that day, regardless of the kick-off time when your at home. So Chris Hargreaves please come out and tell why a week last Tuesday at least 4 of your players, possibly more were in the betting shop prior to the Chester game 'fact' and what time were they in there.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Hargreaves has had plenty of time to sort this mess out. The fact is the players clearly aren't buying in to whatever he is trying to teach them on the training ground.

Wrexham, Telford, Chester, Braintree.......game after game he has "asked for a reaction" and the reaction he gets is to go through the motions but not put themselves out. He has no plan B and all he can do is continue to spout off about being hamstrung and how the guys need to continue working hard.

Looking forward to enduring another 90 minutes tomorrow.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

It's too easy to pick holes in somebody. I admit on Tuesday night when emotions were, understandably, running high I was all for Chris to be replaced but over the last few days I can see the sense in allowing him more time. Give the guy a chance because he's Torquay through and through. If we were in his position I bet 90%+ of us would do the same. Say the same things and carry on with the job.
Being an armchair manager is too easy!
For me it's the players who need to take a long hard look at themselves after all their continuation in their chosen profession is in their own hands.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

and next season when they're all gone......but Hargreaves is still in charge, if results go against us will it be his fault or the fact that the new players need time to gel?.......

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I just watched the full interview. I actually can't decide if I like the bloke or not. I mean it doesn't really matter whether I do or not I suppose but it does help if you do.

His not going that's for sure. As the Rovers fan said on another post all this crap about loving the club means nothing, we all know that really but we fool ourselves its anything more than money, because it isn't! These guys want success obviously but it could be Exeter or Plymouth instead it wouldn't bother them.

I was confused by what he meant when he answered the question about criticism. "As long it doesn't go over the line". What did you read into this if anything.

He also said the criticism on twitter and forums didn't worry him and it was water off a ducks back. Given the recent results I find that a bit arrogant.
TUST MEMBER
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

over the line' I take to mean when it's vindictive towards him on a more personal level, rather than towards him as a manager; maybe including insults towards his wife & kids I expect.Hopefully we don't stoop that low, but I think Manse had trouble last season in that respect ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

forevertufc wrote:Chris Hargreaves is finding out what a very lonely place it can be when you're employed as a professional manager, and is now finding just what Alan Knill was going through and just how Alan Knill was feeling whilst Chris, fans, and others were picking holes in everything AK said and did as our manager, there are suggestions being made elsewhere that CH has 180 minutes of football left to save his job, so should the team still be stuck 47 points come 9.30 Tuesday guess we'll have to watch this space.

Had a feeling for some time the players had lost respect if that's right word or trust whatever you want to call it in Chris Hargreaves, he locked them in the dressing room after Braintree, CH says it wasn't a tea cup smashing session, he says it was a team meeting about what they as group should be doing, and not doing. Well my message is simply here, CH, you locked them in after the Telford just days prior, and said you talked about what was required with and with out the ball, that's the point, if didn't work after Telford what makes you think that approach is going to work now, we'll see tomorrow, maybe we'll finally see this reaction you've been talking about for the past month.

Also, I will always be one of the first to say Footballers are entitled to a private life that goes with out saying, same applies to what players do with their free time. Match days are 'not' free time for players in my opinion, match days players should be focusing on the game and preparing in the right manner for the upcoming game that day, regardless of the kick-off time when your at home. So Chris Hargreaves please come out and tell why a week last Tuesday at least 4 of your players, possibly more were in the betting shop prior to the Chester game 'fact' and what time were they in there.
:goodpost:

tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Interesting to read that Hargreaves is asking if the players are doing enough off the pitch as well as on it...

Unfortunately, he's picked up Buckle's bad habit of making excuses instead of taking any responsibility himself. He may have been hamstrung from day one but the same can be said for 80% of Conference managers! I'm not expecting us to be in the top five but I'm also not expecting us to be looking over our shoulders after being on the end of some of the worst results in this club's history.