Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Have I touched a raw nerve regarding this 'Merse' person?

Quote: "Apparently now ~ according to torquayfans.com ~ Tired Old Gull finds it Interesting to read comments by this 'Merse' person on another forum, how he has changed his spots now the takeover is complete. A leopard could never touch him, he is almost defending GI now - give him another week or so.
Even more interesting from my point of view to figure out exactly how he comes by that without maybe suspecting he is another shooting the messenger for the message given."

Maybe the 'messenger' should just hold back and think before posting some of the recent things he has .. Tully for manager within 24 hours, Mansell to return, Mel Hayman to return etc-etc

Certainly he likes to shake the hornets nest with a stick - taking the glory if a tad of the rumour is true, but lately that hasn't happened so perhaps he should bite his tongue, or wear gloves on his typing fingers, and not cast so many wild rumours around.
I gather he once worked for TU and perhaps still likes to think he has contacts within the realm - or maybe he/she/they just like to hand him the baton and watch him run with it!! :lol:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

torq2u wrote: And that's not the Bristows' fault.

Maybe not the Bristow's fault entirely, but I believe GI have suggested that some former board members from that era may be invited back to form a new board, whilst some fans have welcomed this I do not beluieve this will be a good move for TUFC. Those boards had the opportunity to build a sustainable future for the club and proved lacking in imagination.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Tired Old Gull wrote:Have I touched a raw nerve regarding this 'Merse' person?

Quote: "Apparently now ~ according to torquayfans.com ~ Tired Old Gull finds it Interesting to read comments by this 'Merse' person on another forum, how he has changed his spots now the takeover is complete. A leopard could never touch him, he is almost defending GI now - give him another week or so.
Even more interesting from my point of view to figure out exactly how he comes by that without maybe suspecting he is another shooting the messenger for the message given."

Maybe the 'messenger' should just hold back and think before posting some of the recent things he has .. Tully for manager within 24 hours, Mansell to return, Mel Hayman to return etc-etc

Certainly he likes to shake the hornets nest with a stick - taking the glory if a tad of the rumour is true, but lately that hasn't happened so perhaps he should bite his tongue, or wear gloves on his typing fingers, and not cast so many wild rumours around.
I gather he once worked for TU and perhaps still likes to think he has contacts within the realm - or maybe he/she/they just like to hand him the baton and watch him run with it!! :lol:
I doubt at all whether you have touched a nerve! Professional football is a tough old game and if you get rattled by something written on a forum then it is not for you.

All he did was point out that you do not read what has actually been written before inaccurately quoting it. You have managed to illustrate that yourself by leaving out the majority of the post you are now referring to .... you know, the bit where he points out you did not read what was actually said!

Yes he did work for TUFC for several years. It was though many years ago, but as he still actively works in football and has links with numerous clubs he has got a multitude of contacts in the professional game. As well as being a tough old game it is also one which is all about 'contacts'.

Anyway, it's the Festive Season (only another 5 days to go thank goodness!) so I hope you have had a good time so far (it is so far as the Wise Men don't arrive until the 6th - not that wise as they obviously didn't check out rail closures as if they had they would have arrived on time).

It is nice to see differing views and I like many like to scan all 3 forums for the wide variety of views, but it is always important to read carefully the views of those you do not agree with if you intend to later refer to it.

If not, you will be as inaccurate as the BBC! ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Tired Old Gull wrote:

"Maybe the 'messenger' should just hold back and think before posting some of the recent things he has .. Tully for manager within 24 hours, Mansell to return, Mel Hayman to return etc-etc"

Although you have every opportunity to post on BTPIR but decline may I reply to your post about me on here?

It is clearly stated Tully would come in as manager under Peter Masters; Masters' intended control of the shareholding didn't materialise as he intended it to at that time....watch that space if it does in the near future.

NOT Mansell to return. The manager making an effort to secure him from Bristol Rovers was the message.........this he failed to achieve ~ for now.

Mel Hayman HAS returned! Because YOU haven't been informed of that through the OS or the Herald Excuse doesn't mean it has happened any less than when BTPIR told of Nathan Blissett being sold to a League 2 club (by Dave Phillips) and forecasting that Boxing Day would be his last appearance for the Gulls.

May I thank Louis and Dave for the opportunity to put the record straight on this forum.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote:Tired Old Gull wrote:

"Maybe the 'messenger' should just hold back and think before posting some of the recent things he has .. Tully for manager within 24 hours, Mansell to return, Mel Hayman to return etc-etc"

Although you have every opportunity to post on BTPIR but decline may I reply to your post about me on here?

It is clearly stated Tully would come in as manager under Peter Masters; Masters' intended control of the shareholding didn't materialise as he intended it to at that time....watch that space if it does in the near future.

NOT Mansell to return. The manager making an effort to secure him from Bristol Rovers was the message.........this he failed to achieve ~ for now.

Mel Hayman HAS returned! Because YOU haven't been informed of that through the OS or the Herald Excuse doesn't mean it has happened any less than when BTPIR told of Nathan Blissett being sold to a League 2 club (by Dave Phillips) and forecasting that Boxing Day would be his last appearance for the Gulls.

May I thank Louis and Dave for the opportunity to put the record straight on this forum.

Record straightened then. :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Just one other thing.......the lies being peddled on here by ferarrigull are just that ~ lies.

I neither heard , discussed or said anything about Brendan Moore yesterday.

Parkhouse: you were banned from BTPIR for racist innuendo that compromised the legality of that site and won't be coming back. You've got to go some to get banned from there but you did it so stop creeping around like some latter day Osama Bin Laden, ear wigging and then misconstruing what you think you hear.

Andrew (Glostergull); I'm sorry that some delusionist chooses to sully your character on here when there is clearly no ground for doing so. It was nice to have a short conversation with you yesterday, we should have had the room security screened for lunatics. Neither do I recall either you or I bringing up the subject of Ben Gerring's New Year's Eve. Someone (I recall not who) did mention it in our company, but to be honest I paid as little attention to it as I do every New Year's Day when these sort of stories fly around.

Gerring played in his normal limited but enthusiastic and hundred per cent manner yesterday so however he spent the night before had little or no effect on his performance. Maybe we should castigate the manager for being up half the night with his new born baby. Shit happens in life ~ particularly married/family life ~ and we don't all get the perfect night's sleep.

I don't intend to hang around on here and argue the toss with various libel merchants; but there is a limit to which I am prepared to be mis-represented without the right of reply.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

merse btpir wrote:Just one other thing.......the lies being peddled on here by ferarrigull are just that ~ lies.

I neither heard , discussed or said anything about Brendan Moore yesterday.

Parkhouse: you were banned from BTPIR for racist innuendo that compromised the legality of that site and won't be coming back. You've got to go some to get banned from there but you did it so stop creeping around like some latter day Osama Bin Laden, ear wigging and then misconstruing what you think you hear.

Andrew (Glostergull); I'm sorry that some delusionist chooses to sully your character on here when there is clearly no ground for doing so. It was nice to have a short conversation with you yesterday, we should have had the room security screened for lunatics. Neither do I recall either you or I bringing up the subject of Ben Gerring's New Year's Eve. Someone (I recall not who) did mention it in our company, but to be honest I paid as little attention to it as I do every New Year's Day when these sort of stories fly around.

Gerring played in his normal limited but enthusiastic and hundred per cent manner yesterday so however he spent the night before had little or no effect on his performance. Maybe we should castigate the manager for being up half the night with his new born baby. Shit happens in life ~ particularly married/family life ~ and we don't all get the perfect night's sleep.

I don't intend to hang around on here and argue the toss with various libel merchants; but there is a limit to which I am prepared to be mis-represented without the right of reply.
Accuses me of racist innuendo then suggets that anyone with a beard looks a bit Muslim-y and must, therefore, be a terrorist.

Alan 'not as bright as he wishes he was' Merson, everyone.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Another new contributor whose favourite player is Robin Stubbs. Some diligent chap should make a list of those favourites that have been published on this site; I expect Robin would come top.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

You posted your own racist innuendo matey........all right 'Garden Gnome' then .
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
Record straightened then. :)
Not a topic open for debate any more really - "I'm 'Merse' and what I say is right, regardless of who told me or what the outcome is or whether it is actually correct or not!"

Guys like that are 2 a penny - but do make for a lively discussion on forums.

Thanks for clarifying what you said/were told/posted etc - nice of you to bother! :clap:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

:) Well, this is fun....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote:You posted your own racist innuendo matey........all right 'Garden Gnome' then .
Come on Moderators - what are you doing ? This is blatant Gnome-ism. We can't allow that on here ....... ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

merse btpir wrote:You posted your own racist innuendo matey........all right 'Garden Gnome' then .
Your previous ramblings were evidence enough, but it's nice of you to post this final, barely intelligible tripe, just to really hammer home the point.

Lee Mansell been in touch recently, perhaps about his impending loan move.

If indeed it wasn't you who came up with the Moore fantasy (in fairness to me, it was reported that it did, in fact, come from you), you'll concede that it does sound like the usual codswallop that you come up with, so it's hardly as though I can be blamed for believing that which I was told.

And finally: so now all bearded Muslims (and those of other faiths or none at all) look like garden gnomes? They all look alike, you mean? Christ Merse, you want to watch that potty mouth.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Getting back to subject!

Can someone enlighten me on what GI have done since the purchase.

Have they attended Any of the games since the purchase?

Have they made any statements other than the first one, when they purchased the club?
TUST MEMBER
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Clarke Osbourne was at the Boxing Day game to see us win 4-3.

They have brought back Mel Haymen to oversee the financial side.

I imagine January will be an important month for them to get to grips with a business which was literally dying on its feet for lack of cash.