I want to be optomistic......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:They're not very good, but they're not in any danger of going back down.
Ive just realised they've lost their main source of goals to the Cobblers as well :goal:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

They have, they're still not going down though.

Still only got 11 goals this season, nice enough, but hardly likely to get them into the playoffs.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Fletch wrote: Ive just realised they've lost their main source of goals to the Cobblers as well :goal:
Yes, but they replaced him with Calvin Zola so I shouldn't think they are too upset!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:They have, they're still not going down though. Still only got 11 goals this season, nice enough, but hardly likely to get them into the playoffs. Matt.
According to Soccerbase, he's got 14 from 25 games in total. Thats a pretty big goal to game ratio to replace TBH. :keepie:

Zola's not exactly scoring freely this season be it through injury or not getting starts. Expect a lot of draws unless they get a finisher on loan...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Awayday wrote:Looking at how many games in hand we have and our next 4 games I think we have a very good chance of finishing this season on a high.

Barnet Away - They are struggling at the bottom and (unlike Hereford who have done well since Christmas) haven't made any massive changes to look like they are going to be any better on Saturday. I am having this one as a win. :~D

Burton at Home - Again another team at the bottom and not looking like improving....... a win. :~D

Southend at Home - Near us in the table, could be a close game, but I think we will sneak a home win. :slap:

Cheltenham Away - Again near us in the table, I don't know what it is but we always seem to play quite well at Cheltenham (of recent times), I think a draw (but my <3 is saying a win).

In all I would be happy with 10 points from 12 in the next 4 games and a real boost after our Crawley set back. :no:

I am just thrilled that we shouldn't have to end the season in a relegation scare, well done Buckle :scarf: :-D

Yeah, I hope the 2 points dropped are not against Barnet tomorrow. The optimist (correct spelling) in me would like to see 12 out of 12 from the 4 games. The cynic has just chirped in with "you're hoping".

I'll bang both their heads together, knock 'em out, then what will be will be.

:keepie:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

My 11 goal assertion came from the BBC which, I presume, only lists league goals.

Matt.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:My 11 goal assertion came from the BBC which, I presume, only lists league goals.

Matt.
It does indeed :goal:

Having just said that, they go and beat Chesterfield :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Chesterfield chocked like ten dollar hooker last season, are they on their way to doing it again?

Matt.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well just had a good look at the league table,and if the team can put a run toghether now of the back these two wins,in all on a play-off spot for definate,maybe top three.

Yes i know these were two against,the league's bottom two clubs,however it must have given the team re-newed confidence,onwards and upwards,COYY. :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

forevertufc wrote:Well just had a good look at the league table,and if the team can put a run toghether now of the back these two wins,in all on a play-off spot for definate,maybe top three.

Yes i know these were two against,the league's bottom two clubs,however it must have given the team re-newed confidence,onwards and upwards,COYY. :clap:
love it dave love it mate :-D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm more optimistic about the coming Tuesday/Saturday games of next week than I was the games following the Crawley match.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"