I want to be optomistic......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

I want to be optomistic......

Post by Awayday »

Looking at how many games in hand we have and our next 4 games I think we have a very good chance of finishing this season on a high.

Barnet Away - They are struggling at the bottom and (unlike Hereford who have done well since Christmas) haven't made any massive changes to look like they are going to be any better on Saturday. I am having this one as a win. :~D

Burton at Home - Again another team at the bottom and not looking like improving....... a win. :~D

Southend at Home - Near us in the table, could be a close game, but I think we will sneak a home win. :slap:

Cheltenham Away - Again near us in the table, I don't know what it is but we always seem to play quite well at Cheltenham (of recent times), I think a draw (but my <3 is saying a win).

In all I would be happy with 10 points from 12 in the next 4 games and a real boost after our Crawley set back. :no:

I am just thrilled that we shouldn't have to end the season in a relegation scare, well done Buckle :scarf: :-D
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Are you going to Cheltenham, Paul?
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Was going to say, what games are you planning on going to between now and the end of the season awayday?

Need to take advantage of these games coming up in order to be in with a shout of playboffs come the end of the season :)
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Shall be at Burton and Southend, can see us doing over Burton, Branston having a beast of a game and I'm also going to Cheltenham with the father, strange how this year, like last, we're in the same sort of boat, albeit this time round we're not in a relegation scrap!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

In fairness, Burton are where they are because they have played anywhere between five and EIGHT games fewer than anyone else in L2.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:In fairness, Burton are where they are because they have played anywhere between five and EIGHT games fewer than anyone else in L2.

Matt.
Also in fairness Matt, if you divide their points won by games played and multiply by 26, the same as us, their total would still leave them in the bottom 6 :na:
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I want to be optimistic.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm sure it does, but you and I both know that it doesn't work like that. They're not very good, but they're not in any danger of going back down. Mid table side who will probably never go any higher than L2, but certainly not three points we can take forgranted.

Optimistic Matt says we can win almost every game we have to play for the remainder of the season and go up automatically.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

You have to reach rock bottom before things start to get better.
Rock bottom was the last week or two, we've got a win under our belt (albeit against Stockport) and promising looking loanees, so yeah, I'm feeling pretty optimistic.
:-D :scarf:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

yellow wrote:I want to be optimistic.
Be careful what you wish for. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I thought it was Buckle Out?

Oh we are back in the real world this week?! Lovely stuff, we'll finish about 11th this year, flirt with the playoffs, just tease it a little but we'll end up just short I reckon. Again after last season that's a progression, we've not been in any danger of relegation at any point this season.

The next few games of course are good games on paper, but so was Hereford. OK we MIGHT get a reprieve there but if not, it's a good yardstick of where we are. We'll win some, we'll beat some teams that you wouldn't think we would and we'll lose some that you'd think we wouldn't.

Burton are in a false position they've got about 8 games in hand or something daft so they are probably a more mid table side similar to us. Barnet away is one we should do ok in, we were rank there last year but scraped a point. Hopefully we'll be better this.

Whatever happens I think it's going to be an ultimately enjoyable ride to the end of the season. I'd love for us to be in with a shot of the top 7 with 3 or 4 games to go, but if not it's not the end of the world. :)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I don't want Buckle out, even though some of his tactics are suprising, he must be doing something right to get us out of the BSP and not fighting relegation this year.

Games I am definatley going to are....

Barnet Away (Without drum due to train and beers - hopefully someone else may have a drum with them)
Cheltenham Away (with drum)
Aldershot Away (with drum - I need to show them up again so please turn up for that one)
Northampton Away (with drum - but have a feeling they won't let me in with it again this year)

Games I am tinkering on the idea of going are:

Burton Away
Bradford Away
Chesterfield at home
Shrews at home
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Awayday wrote:I don't want Buckle out, even though some of his tactics are suprising, he must be doing something right to get us out of the BSP and not fighting relegation this year.

Games I am definatley going to are....

Barnet Away (Without drum due to train and beers - hopefully someone else may have a drum with them)
Cheltenham Away (with drum)
Aldershot Away (with drum - I need to show them up again so please turn up for that one)
Northampton Away (with drum - but have a feeling they won't let me in with it again this year)

Games I am tinkering on the idea of going are:

Burton Away
Bradford Away
Chesterfield at home
Shrews at home
Absolutely can't wait for the Aldershot game, one of the best atmosphere's I've experienced as a Gulls fan last season. Excelent drumming, excelent vocal support and excelent result, more of the same this time around. :clap:
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I want to go to Aldershot this year! Missed the 3-0 in the BSP as I was ill, couldn't go last year as it was a Tuesday night, but I want to be there this year. Even if we don't win, I'm sure it'll be an atmosphere to remember!

Looking at those ones you've said Paul, I'll hopefully be going to the majority of them, except Barnet and probably Bradford..

Can't wait for Cheltenham now :)
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I am optomistic that the rose tinted spectacles will be broken by the end of the season!!!!!