Match officials

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Match officials

Post by lexusguy »

We are getting used to a poor standard of refereeing in the Conference
And accepting the it is always "my" team that is being victimised
But today the performances by the ref and the pop side lino were suggestive of a FIFA level of corruption
The bookings of Rice and Berry(?) for time wasting were ridiculous
The scything tackle on on a Torquay player in front of the bench was ignored, followed by a fairly innocuous tackle the other way being penalised
A couple of clear Torquay advantages not being allowed
Add that all together and it stinks
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Have to say the ref had a stinker. Eastleigh were a physical side especially after half-time. Bookings for Pearce, Berry and Rice were bizarre and we can only hope the assessor marked the ref down as a result. The visitors seemed to escape any punishment and it was not clear why.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I don't make a habit of criticising the officials - its an incredibly difficult job BUT today's referee was the worst I have seen in many a year. According to the BBC we committed 8 fouls but had FIVE players booked!

I acknowledge that three were for time wasting but the Berry booking seemed, from the Bench, to have been in response to a milliseconds delay in taking the throw in. Rice was booked because their player booted the ball behind Rice and he didn't run immediately after it - he did no more than every keeper does in the same circumstances. I can't remember the third "time wasting" booking but only one of the bookings was really justified - Briscoe's late challenge.

As for Constable's constant backing in to Downes he should have been booked for dangerous play - I really feared for Aaron whenever he went up because Constable was intent on taking his legs from under him. Because he stuck to his guns with extreme provocation I considered him my MOTM.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

nickbrod wrote:Have to say the ref had a stinker. Eastleigh were a physical side especially after half-time. Bookings for Pearce, Berry and Rice were bizarre and we can only hope the assessor marked the ref down as a result. The visitors seemed to escape any punishment and it was not clear why.
I'm fairly sure that Pearce was booked for verbals. Though from where I was sitting it seemed they were directed at an opponent rather than an official.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

Dire officiating; 2 incorrect offside decisions from the lino by the far side (I was in the Bench stand opposite and in line) and numerous poor calls from the referee. The opponent Pearce was verballing actually confronted Pearce and at that point the referee then cautioned Pearce. Poor. Poor. Berry drying the ball obviously takes time - but even when 1 down Eastleigh were taking time to take their throw ins and goal kicks. Inconsistent throughout.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

chris powell was the ref, and have to say he was awful, his decisions on the bookings of rice and berry i have to say were shocking, and yes pierce was booked for having a go back at there player but why wasnt their player booked aswell ,the lino on the popside didnt have a clue and couldnt keep up with play, i hope the accessors do their job and put these officials back in the ryman league where they belong.