Reserve games.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Reserve games.

Post by AlexGulls »

Is it right weve got Exeter at Home tommorow in the reserve league? Sure I heard somewhere we have want to make sure first before attempting to get there to watch it..
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

That's correct

2pm kick off at plainmoor
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Cheers. Will have to try and make that!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

With our current squad size - I hope its a 5 a side game!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Richinns wrote:With our current squad size - I hope its a 5 a side game!

Most likely youth players will play

I can see the following pro's playing:
potter(depending if he will start Saturday?)
Rowe turner
Palmer
Yeoman
Halpin
Lathrope
Macklin

Plus possible trials? Doubtful.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Don't forget Mark Ellis and Danny Stevens - they need to keep match fit too.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I was going to put those but Ellis has played a lot recently and Danny also plays every game - albeit sometimes from the bench.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Any news on this?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Match report on official site.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Another good win and it means we have completed all our home games with a 100% success rate ! *

Not only that but it almost certainly means we have sown up the League title as well - an excellent result given that this is the first time in years we have run a reserve side!

By my reckoning we only need a win and a draw from our remaining three (away) games to guarantee the title - but it may well be we have enough points already!

http://full-time.thefa.com/Table.do?div ... on=9560885

Another trophy (hopefully) to go in the "cabinet" .... and of course, there's always the Devon Bowl ! :lol:

* It appears that we have been awarded a 1-0 home win over Bournemouth as they failed to raise a team!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Gulls (4-4-2): 1 Scott Bevan; 5 Scott Taylor, 25 Ed Palmer, 2 Lathaniel Rowe-Turner, 3 Ryan Wilson; 19 Danny Stevens, 24 Ashley Yeoman, 22 Damon Lathrope, 17 Saul Halpin; 9 Ray Spear, 14 Lloyd Macklin. Substitutes: 6 TJ Lang, 8 Aaron Kudi, 13 Aaron Ibbetson, 15 Kirtys MacKenzie.

Exeter (4-5-1): 1 Artur Krysiak; 2 Josh Searle, 6 Jack Furzer, 3 Scott Bennett, 4 Elliott Frear; 14 James Norwood, 7 Aaron Dawson, 8 Dan Weston, 5 Chris Shepperd (16 Roger Ingham 74), 10 Jake Thomson; 11 Tom Nicholls (15 Ethan Phillips 74). Substitutes: 12 Jake Goslin, 13 Paul Gibbins, 17 Olly Knowles.

Thomson was back at plainmoor! ;-)
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Comfortable win really. Exeter were very poor going forward apart from there number 14 no one really stood out tbh. Jake Thomson was useless aswell.

Double done over them so the bragging rights go to the Yellows of Devon :) even if it is only the reserves.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I am not blaming anyone on this forum, far from it, but communication on reserve games is really poor, as far as I can remember the match was not even mentioned on the tannoy on Saturday? by the time I read this posting, it was too late to change my plans, otherwise I would have gone.

Can anyone answer the following

- Is entry free for season ticket holders?
- Is just the main stand or family stand open?
- What sort of crowds do they get?

I ask because years ago, when Torquay Reserves used to play in the western league, I clearly remember going to matches where there were aound 200 watching.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

ST holders are liable for the £3 entry fee.
Players and staff sit in the directors' box, mere mortals occupy the Family Stand end of the Grandstand and the standing area in front of it as far down as the tunnel.
About 50 today, maybe 70 at a push, but it seemed less busy than previous games where I have seen 150.

It's an excellent opportunity to see and speak to the first team and staff (if you are so inclined). Also, it's nice to see the progress of some of the youngsters. Ray Spear and Saul Halpin are both becoming excellent players.

Regards today's match specifically...

Macklin looked tasty, flagged offside twice when he was level at worst, but for this, could have had a goal. Lathrope also looked good. Understandably, the stand out performer for us was Danny Stevens. Continually went past 4 and 5 men, tried a couple of nice backheels which came off. The guy with the floppy hair (striker, looks like a blonde Joe Barlow from a distance) is big and strong now and physically is first team material if not quite in execution. LRT seemed keen to have the ball from Scotty B whenever we had a goal kick.
Not really relevant to us, but ECFC were rubbish in the final third. Kept insisting that they were capable of Robin Van Persie style millimetre perfect through balls which, inevitably and without exception, were hit 400 times too hard and ran harmlessly out of play. Jake Thompson certainly looked incredibly lucky to get paid to play L1 football, since on that performance, he wouldn't have made our reserve side. One cross damn near cleared the Family stand.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Just a thought but is the first name of Exeters no 17 today God by any chance ? ...............God Olly Knowles...............Sorry about that ......