Play-offs or Consolidation ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Play offs, let's have some ambition and go for it. I'd rather have a foray into league one and come back down again than sit mid table in league two for the next two seasons.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Just because we beat the bottom two sides in consecutive games doesn't mean we're promotion material. We don't have the infrastructure to support L1 football and until we put it in place promotion would be a prelude to potential disaster IMHO.

First step is a new stand followed closely by a more professional administrative set-up and then more investment in training facilities and then players.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

gullsflyinghigh wrote:Play offs, let's have some ambition and go for it. I'd rather have a foray into league one and come back down again than sit mid table in league two for the next two seasons.
I'd rather us go up to League One and consolidate than come straight back down. Like our first season back in the League Two after our Conference years.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Whilst i agree totaly with what Mod gull is saying ,i do take a different view point here,as he rightly says we dont have the infrastructure to support league 1 football,however while we dip our toe's gently in the water trying to build a club capable of going up,our rivals,are jumping in best foot forward,so for every inch we improve ,they are improving by a foot.

As we all know football is now more about money than ever before,and the gap between the league's will only widen season by season,the futher up the food chain you are the more money you get,promotion to league 1 would see home supporter numbers increase,and in some cases more than double the away supporter numbers,which to me no doubt would leave us getting gates of between 3500-4500,and looking at some of the sides in league 1 a few sell outs,the share of the premier league T.V money increases from 200k to over 400k in league 1 ,and thats just the tip of the iceberg in terms of increased revunue streams TUFC could enjoy with promotion to league1,which as a net result should see the grandstand built,a bigger better sqaud,and maybe a more professional admin team.

The finacial rewards of promotion are well worth our club sticking its neck out to a point for,however one downside could be looking at the current league 1 table,could see Bristol rovers,Yoevil and Plymouth coming down,which would be among our biggest earners,in terms of gate money.
Formerly known as forevertufc