Gaffer Gone Quiet ??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

He is 5th Fave at the moment at 9 - 1. Nicky Forster is favourite at 5 - 4.

Reckon those odds might shorten
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We have been here before havn't we. Does anyone seriously believe he will stay here if he is offered something elsewhere.
It is very unlikely that anyone is going to offer him another managerial job in the league though, so he isn't going to resigns and will no doubt be staying here.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

brucie wrote:We have been here before havn't we. Does anyone seriously believe he will stay here if he is offered something elsewhere.
It is very unlikely that anyone is going to offer him another managerial job in the league though, so he isn't going to resigns and will no doubt be staying here.
Where do you get that idea from? Considering the budget and size of the squad, to get us to where we are, he's done a very good job. Given a decent budget and a decent size squad, I think he could do a very good job with any L1 club, maybe even a lower Championship club. Buckle has got things wrong and has often been shown to have no plan B, perhaps this is his flaw or perhaps its because he just doesn't have the strength of squad to really change anything. Aside from that though, when things have gone right, we've been the form team in the league, we've had 10 games without letting in a goal, we've been promoted and then consolidated a L2 position with a team which at times is by far weaker than several teams lower than us.

Either way, I really can't see a team like Brentford saying no to him unless they had a much better option.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

up 'til now, i'd have said Buckle would only go if the move was a clear step up, and let's be honest, there are championship and D1 clubs worse off than us, so wouldn't necessarily be a good move for someone in Bucks' position. Obviously the events of Tuesday, and of course we don't know how he felt about letting Benyon go (for example), so if such a call came in for him now, it would surely seem more interesting for him, than it might have previously.

Having said that, Brentford have already installed Forster on a temporary basis, so they're probably not going to rush into a long term appointment, and will give him a chance.

it's a big couple of weeks coming up for us, with must win games, so lets hope things smooth over quickly, the squad knuckle down and get a few decent results in the bag, and everything will look a bit more rosy again.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I'd be interested to see how he gets on somewhere else, I mean there is no real pressure at Torquay, you simply need to keep us in the league every year and the job is succesful. Higher up you go, the greater the pressure.

How many times have we been on one of those long long winless streaks under Bucks, 4 , 5? Wasnt it 8 consecutive league games losing. Can you imagine a Championship club putting up with that where the average life span is about 12 months I recall. Not long.

Grass may not always be greener.
TUST #324
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

after this week you couldnt blame him for sod*ing off! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Looks like Brentford might be looking for a bigger name.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 42,00.html
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

cant believe brentford and that sh*t team down the road from me both want johnson! :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Nicky Forster won't get it, imo, much as I love him, he's not ready to manage. Would love to see Martin Allen back at GP but if Bucks does go (and I'd bet he wants to go there) then we could have MA with us. Win/win ;-)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

maybe i'm reading too much into Bucks' words this morning, but he sounds like a deflated man to me. i think everyone associated with the club needs a good result tomorrow, so we can put a pretty crappy week behind us :-

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 22,00.html
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

regiment0609 wrote:maybe i'm reading too much into Bucks' words this morning, but he sounds like a deflated man to me. i think everyone associated with the club needs a good result tomorrow, so we can put a pretty crappy week behind us :-

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 22,00.html

I thought the same thing. Its seems he was trying to be positive but it comes across diffrently to me. Hope for a win and a good performance on Saturday.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I have real sympathy for Buckle at the moment, he and the team need a boost from the fans tomorrow, a few rounds of "Paul Buckles Yellow Army" would be a good start, drown out any negative nodgers.
I realise my opinion counts for very little since I can't get to games, but the club needs the support of the fans who can
:scarf: .
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I dont think so, I think he's simply asking the fans to get behind the team at a time we've been kicked down and not to raise expectations of a play off push. The last week must be the lowest point since he's been here. I know I think it is.

Onwards and upwards.

Club should really do something however to get people in at this time though, if you don't have a season ticket its a push for people to afford nigh on £60 in a week for three home games.

How about a BOGOF offer or I notice Barnet have a £30 two adults two children offer on. Therefore, my two are coming to Barnet on Saturday week. COYY
TUST #324
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

HRG wrote:I have real sympathy for Buckle at the moment, he and the team need a boost from the fans tomorrow, a few rounds of "Paul Buckles Yellow Army" would be a good start, drown out any negative nodgers.
I realise my opinion counts for very little since I can't get to games, but the club needs the support of the fans who can
:scarf: .
Don't be so silly HRG...

Your opinion doesn't count because you're a girl.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

:lol:
I know you hate it when people say the above but it's exactly what I did!