Manager Gone...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Enzo wrote:I'm afraid a call and email to the club did not help. Yes, I could have put a post on here, but, with respect, you are slightly missing my point - the club does not need to worry about me, I'll get there some how. It does however have to worry about the people who have drifted away from Palinmoor. I know from other fans that the club lost revenue on Saturday. Thats not good.

As Fletch outlines - the club should have allowed some kind of advance sales. End of story. I don't know who was responsible for the decision be it Rob or not, but they were wrong. If it is not the concern of the club to do all it can to help geniune fans get to a game )and gibe them £16 in the process) then no wonder our crowds are dwinding. The actual location does not matter - you could substitue Belgium for Bournemouth really. If a fan couldnt get to the Crewe match then the club did little to assist them. Todl them to come early and queue .......and hope to get in.

To answer your other question, at times I have to work in Belgium. It gets a rough press, but it is a nice place. The Carlisle game was a cracker and worth every penny - they had just won the title and we beat them 2-1 to all but complete one of our great escapes, under Atkins.

I'm in agreement with you on this subject, Enzo. I made the same points as you've raised even before the inevitable happened and huge queues were even anticipated. As Fletch says, Matt does like to provoke a response, think of him as a Merse in short trousers :clap: :clap:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

scottbrehaut wrote:Enzo,

I managed to get my tickets in advance - I simply asked somebody who was able to get them for me to do so.

It really wasn't that difficult!!
I'm really pleased for you. I just only wish I'd thought of something like that! Amazing foresight that.

No amount of fans posting as you have will change my opinion that the club made a real mess of the ticketing for the game. Put even the slightest barrier up and some fans will turn away. Some fans did when they saw the queues. Not me you understand, but some fans.

Well done agian on getting a ticket.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Enzo wrote: Well done agian on getting a ticket.
Thanks!! ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Robss wrote:Chippy, if you are attempting to imply that my post insinuated that last nights episode was ok, then I feel you have mis-read my comments. What happened last night is not good and the club are dealing with the issue in the best way they can.

Guys, only joking. I have been called a lot worse in the last three years.
Fonda, go on the website, it explains a small slice of the job description.

Me too, someone once called me a naughty word in full view of other fans while on the phone :) :)
Dave

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

It's the land of quality chocolate! Only been to Bruge(sp?) for a day but I thought it was a lovely place.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

HRG wrote:It's the land of quality chocolate! Only been to Bruge(sp?) for a day but I thought it was a lovely place.

I've always liked their buns :clap: :clap:
Dave

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I've always liked their buns :clap: :clap:
Oh dear :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

On the day when the snow was cleared from the pitch, I found Rob Stanley to be unassuming, organised and helpful.

Good luck and best wishes in the opportunities that await you.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Enzo wrote:I'm afraid a call and email to the club did not help. Yes, I could have put a post on here, but, with respect, you are slightly missing my point - the club does not need to worry about me, I'll get there some how. It does however have to worry about the people who have drifted away from Palinmoor.
Michael Palinmoor?

Dave, Merse in short trousers eh? Is that with his usual pork pie hat and "snakeskin" jacket? :)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

ferrarilover wrote: Michael Palinmoor?

Dave, Merse in short trousers eh? Is that with his usual pork pie hat and "snakeskin" jacket? :)

Matt.

I heard he lost his hat :clap: :clap:
Dave

numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I'm with you ENZO.

I particularly didn't like driving down in the knowledge of no ticket and although I knew i'd get in, I had to start q'ing at 1.30 with my young lad who was bleddy freezing by about 3.30pm.

The club made absolutely no plans for exiles, yet the membership scheme aimed to a certain extent at 'the exile' of which I am a member, had nothing in place to accomdate us, i.e posting tickets.

I also had a mate ask when he went to get his tickets armed with my membership details and they said no.

Shambles.

Rob (if your still viewing) - Is the membership thing continuing next year, heard there were plans to expand it? I like it but it needs tweaking. Good luck in your new venture.
TUST #324
Robss
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Robss »

Gentleman, thank you for all your comments - good and bad - and perhaps I will spill a few beans once my time is up but for the moment I will just keep quite.
Veritas vos liberabit.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Robss wrote:Gentleman, thank you for all your comments - good and bad - and perhaps I will spill a few beans once my time is up but for the moment I will just keep quite.
Veritas vos liberabit.

show off! :lol:

all the best rob for the future! :-D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Robss wrote:Gentleman, thank you for all your comments - good and bad - and perhaps I will spill a few beans once my time is up but for the moment I will just keep quite.
Veritas vos liberabit.
:) :) :)

Speaks fluent Latin. Doesn't know the difference between 'quite' and 'quiet'!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"