Trialist: Alex Henniker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Plymouth Gullss wrote: 15 May 2017, 15:38 Agree Jeff, reading above it seems we have already had a look at him but as you say wouldn't harm bringing him again. He's like the Diego costa of the lower leagues
Costa of the lower leagues? If he's any good he could be worth Starbucks! :clap:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

What a bizarre response.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's ok, we're used to him :-D
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 15 May 2017, 19:11 Yes... Williams was shit, he only scored the crucial goals that kept us in the league and he was only our top goalscorer... but you are right, Chamberlain was better...

Laughable
Try reading it in context next time before wading in, you utter clown.

You've managed to make two statements on your own there, neither of which I've said.

Just to break it down for you, to make it absolutely clear - I was stating that Chamberlain actually looked passable as a Conference standard player in the 10 or so minutes I saw of him at Braintree, which isn't bad for someone who came from Watcombe or wherever it was. It just so happened that Williams had a bit of stinker that day.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Jeff wrote: 15 May 2017, 15:59 Sean Finch on the other hand - never before have I seen someone look so awkward in a TUFC shirt
Clearly you didn't see me try to squeeze in the 'large' Torquay shirt from the 2003/2004 promotion season, just last week.

That was pretty awkward.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If you put good local players alongside better players they have more chance of showing you what they can do. Chamberlain had the chance and could not produce. Keating had the same chance and produced. :keepie:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

A player who's played and scored in the Irish Premiership came to us from quite a different level to someone from who's come from the parks and playing fields of the Bay though. I think Chamberlain deserved a bit of credit for being better than expected.

But Keating is a good example of taking a look at a player from left-field and it paying off