Paul buckle!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A cheap money grabbing player, oh the scandal ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

We better pray that Buckle doesn't go, because who would seriously take over?

Like popsider said, Shaun North or Hargreaves? I think if Buckle was to go, Shaun North would be offered the job, we can't afford to pay for anyone, and who is out of work at the moment? That would be willing to come to Torquay?
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

Southampton Gull wrote:A cheap money grabbing player, oh the scandal ;-)
:lol:
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

TUFC92 wrote:
Why do some people think Leroy should come back? :rofl:

Yes, had got us promoted and we played some excellent football, and yes he didn't have a good budget if one at all, but he wasn't as good as some fans like to think! Leroy didn't know how to make substitutions, was a shambles regarding the goalkeepers in league one, and when we were relegated back to league two, the whole side was a disgrace. Getting Leroy back, in my opinion, would mean another spell in the conference, and we won't get out of it as easy the next time.
Fair to say we don't agree on everything then... ;-)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

TUFC92 wrote:We better pray that Buckle doesn't go, because who would seriously take over?

Like popsider said, Shaun North or Hargreaves? I think if Buckle was to go, Shaun North would be offered the job, we can't afford to pay for anyone, and who is out of work at the moment? That would be willing to come to Torquay?
Peter Reid?

Oh wait, getting a bit ahead of myself there! :)
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFC92 »

Fonda wrote: Fair to say we don't agree on everything then... ;-)
Haha, don't get me wrong i think he did a good job, but I just couldn't see it being a step forward to bring Leroy back.

I'd rather Buckle stayed than have Leroy, I do think though that if Leroy had somebody with more tactical knowledge alongside him, then he would be a lot, lot better, as his man management is fantastic. To be fair to him did he ever have an assistant manager?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Leroy had nothing. He was a one-man managing/coaching/scouting machine. He could probably be seen pushing a lawnmower around Plainmoor on a Saturday morning too! :)

Him returning is not really feasible - he's creating a career for himself within the media (where's he very good), and has been 'out of the tracksuit' for too long now.

His promotion team remains the most entertaining i've witnessed at Plainmoor though, so i'll always think fondly of his time here.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

hey sorry was on lunch i mean brandon sorry, im not here to cause trouble or anything just of what ive heard buckle isnt good enough to get us promoted. Also i have missed a few threads to reply before i get my A$s kicked!
i do respect you all and the team and the staff at plainmoor, i might have been wrong saying to get rid of buckle i admit, but i honestly mean no offence to anyone on this forum!

and the gordon post was abit of fun as i said for a 5er a week!
i didnt actually mean this!

but after reading what has been said my views have changed on buckle.
i cant say how much i dont mean trouble and dont want to argue with fellow fans.
Ive loved torquay since i was a kid and i never want to let this go, memories off matches and running up and down my garden pretending to be david graha, alex russel Ect ect.

I will get all my facts right before i post from now on... lesson learnt
Sorry again!

Yellow army
Torquay Till I Die!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I think perhaps Scotty has apologised enough now. Give the lad a break.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It's just the way of a forum mate, don't worry. You'll never upset as many members as I do anyway :)

Just enjoy the forum and expect to have any views you may share with us to be disected bit by bit, it's the way it works.
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:It's just the way of a forum mate, don't worry. You'll never upset as many members as I do anyway :)

Just enjoy the forum and expect to have any views you may share with us to be disected bit by bit, it's the way it works.
Seems quite modest there from the Member of the Month!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Thanks guys!

I do hope buckle does us good now, i know my opinion has changed over a couple of hours but the guilt i felt when reading we had no money and everyone standing by him was hurting me :P
But i dont understand why someone in the family side said 'Its not your fault bevan its buckles' (Against macs town)

but can soemone tell me if this saturday is worth popping down to watch or wait till a big game?

Yellow army
Torquay Till I Die!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

cambgull wrote: Seems quite modest there from the Member of the Month!

It was a fix, Matt should have won it :clap: :clap:
Dave

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

SantaCruizScotty wrote:Thanks guys!

I do hope buckle does us good now, i know my opinion has changed over a couple of hours but the guilt i felt when reading we had no money and everyone standing by him was hurting me :P
But i dont understand why someone in the family side said 'Its not your fault bevan its buckles' (Against macs town)

but can soemone tell me if this saturday is worth popping down to watch or wait till a big game?

Yellow army

Saturday IS a big game and the team and manager needs all the support they can get.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFC92 »

Fonda wrote:Leroy had nothing. He was a one-man managing/coaching/scouting machine. He could probably be seen pushing a lawnmower around Plainmoor on a Saturday morning too! :)

Him returning is not really feasible - he's creating a career for himself within the media (where's he very good), and has been 'out of the tracksuit' for too long now.

His promotion team remains the most entertaining i've witnessed at Plainmoor though, so i'll always think fondly of his time here.
Completely agree, he worked hard for this club and did a lot for us, and as I said you can't deny that the football he got us playing was fantastic, I just don't feel a second spell, or should I say third :lol: would be a good idea for him, his image with the fans, or the club.