Paul buckle!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We're all entitled to express our opinions on here, but to be honest I think you're totally wrong and should expect some condemnation for the one you've expressed, especially when you consider the events of last night.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Alright:
I understand im not very knowlegable with buckle, but of what i seen in my eyes he needs to do better!
I also understand that money is a situation and we lack it very much, but havnt we always? i remember when chris brandon (i think thats him) was a money grabbing ****
with the players to select from i know its few and far between but if the players want it why do they seem like they dont?

But yes after the last hour or so, i understand where buckle is coming from and i do believe that he can make a chance for us.

Sorry to anyone i offended!

TUFC Till i die No Matter what! HA!
Torquay Till I Die!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Do you mean Chris Roberts?
Dave

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

he clearly doesn not have a clue what he is taking about .. delete admin? .. we have enough on our plate with this other shit that is happening, we dont need another one.
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

SantaCruizScotty wrote:Alright:
I understand im not very knowlegable with buckle, but of what i seen in my eyes he needs to do better!
I also understand that money is a situation and we lack it very much, but havnt we always? i remember when chris brandon (i think thats him) was a money grabbing ****
with the players to select from i know its few and far between but if the players want it why do they seem like they dont?

But yes after the last hour or so, i understand where buckle is coming from and i do believe that he can make a chance for us.

Sorry to anyone i offended!

TUFC Till i die No Matter what! HA!

Chris Roberts. :O

You say you'd like someone like Gordon Strachan, but how do you guess we will pay him? Cups of Bovril and warmed up 'sausage' rolls? :mrgreen:
tufcgull wrote:he clearly doesn not have a clue what he is taking about .. delete admin? .. we have enough on our plate with this other sh*t that is happening, we dont need another one.
Bit uncalled for.
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

If he wants his thread deleted he can ask for it but as I said previously, he's entitled to express his opinion, he just has to take the flak that comes with it.
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I would imagine he probably means Chris Brandon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Brandon
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

we are talking about paul buckle, our manager. after yesterdays events it seems that he has offered his resignation and we wont have a manager . .this will be disastrous we will be going backwards this loan deal scenario it will make it worse. he is a fantastic manager and hopefully he stays, and i apologise for the previous post, bit angry/confused over all this loan deal stuff :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dave and I were discussing Bucks on Sunday.

FWIW, I think what he has done in the last few seasons for us is brilliant. Yeah, he hasn't done it all himself and has a good team behind him (but then which manager hasn't).
Yes, he has made mistakes but who hasn't in their first ever managerial job??!!

He has got most of the big decisions right however - many of the players he got rid of last season are now either plying their trade in leagues below, or not playing at all.

Not the finished article, but a good manager for us.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

cambgull wrote:I would imagine he probably means Chris Brandon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Brandon

Wouldn't call him a money grabber though, would you? ;-)
Dave

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

If none of this has anything to do with Buckle then surely the board should reject his offer to resign. Doing anything else would just make him a scapegoat wouldn't it?
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

If Buckle did resign tomorrow, Who would we realistically replace him with? Shaun North? Chris Hargreaves perhaps? no thank you.
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Put quite simply, Bucks is doing a tremendous job considering the resources he has at his disposal. Yes he doesn't always get it right, but what manager does? He's still a young manger who's learning all the time, and if you think we'd attract anyone better then I think you're misguided. Just have to hope he doesn't resign.

With regards Leroy, I actually met him recently. He's not that interested in getting back into management. Quite happy doing the media work, something he's quite good at (although, when your competition consists of Steve Claridge, anyone would look good).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

miltonkeynesgull wrote:Put quite simply, Bucks is doing a tremendous job considering the resources he has at his disposal. Yes he doesn't always get it right, but what manager does? He's still a young manger who's learning all the time, and if you think we'd attract anyone better then I think you're misguided. Just have to hope he doesn't resign.

With regards Leroy, I actually met him recently. He's not that interested in getting back into management. Quite happy doing the media work, something he's quite good at (although, when your competition consists of Steve Claridge, anyone would look good).
Precisely right, couldn't agree more.
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Wouldn't call him a money grabber though, would you? ;-)
Well, he did make a big money move to Chesterfield! (oh wait, it was a free transfer and he might have got a couple grand signing on fee!)

Actually, from looking at the wikipedia page, there is something that screams out to me...

"During his disrupted three seasons with Torquay, Brandon amassed 83 appearances with ten goals to his credit,[1] before he moved to Chesterfield in July 2002 on a free transfer."

"Chesterfield again finished just one place above the relegation zone,[33] and Brandon left in July 2004 to sign for Huddersfield Town under manager Peter Jackson on a free transfer."

"After being one of eight players to be released by new Huddersfield manager Stan Ternent in early May 2008"

"Brandon was one of a number of players released early from his contract.[77] He had played just 31 games during his two seasons with City, scoring three goals."

I'd say he's pretty cheap really!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"