Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

I got a feeling they will say that both teams get no points and no difference on goal (before the match) (Hereford = -15 GD and torquay = +7 GD)
If it was going to be neutral venue? where would it be placed? big venue like wemberly? small venue like a training ground behind closed doors?

I would prefur it to be replayed at plainmoor and then atleast we might get more fans in?

Anyone agree or disagree...
Torquay Till I Die!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Since both teams made the mistake if a replay is to be ordered there should be no advantage to either team in the interests of fairness. Hereford fans may bemoan our home advantage were we to win a replay at Plainmoor.

And Wembley? Really? You have to be joking.
It would be a League One/Two ground, if this is the course of action taken.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

i was :lol:
they might even say go to home park and help your rivals! PFFFT!
if it was a neutral ground where is the best place for the gulls to go?
Torquay Till I Die!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Sarcasm doesn't always travel well on t'internet, that's why we have smilies, avoids confusion :)
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

haha, i noticed! :P
Torquay Till I Die!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

HRG wrote:Since both teams made the mistake if a replay is to be ordered there should be no advantage to either team in the interests of fairness. Hereford fans may bemoan our home advantage were we to win a replay at Plainmoor.

And Wembley? Really? You have to be joking.
It would be a League One/Two ground, if this is the course of action taken.
Think in the interests of fairness the point is being missed here,i am not meaning to be patronising,or cause any offence however.

In the league each team plays each other twice,each having home advantage once from those two games,earlier on in the season Hereford had there home advantage,then they came to plainmoor,as it turns out both Torquay and hereford played a player they should not have ,therefore are guilty of the same offence.

So if the F.A rule this game void and wipe it from there records,then order the game to be played again at a neutral venue,it would mean that Hereford would have had there home advantage from the two league matchs and we would not have had our home advantage,being it that both sides are guilty of the same offence and Hereford were the only side who gained from it,how on earth would that be fair to Torquay,trust me Hereford would not be complaining would they?

I do not think for one minute this game will be played again,However in the spirit of fairness,it could and should only be played at plainmoor.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Forgot to add,in all fairness to the F.A ,this is going to be a bit of a minefield for them to sort out,we have to remember that whatever the F.A may decided to do here could have an effect not just on us and Hereford but also on the relegation and play-off positions at the end of the season.

There is no doubt the F.A will have to check there legal position on this case,thats why i do not think the match will be replayed,say it was and Hereford won again and stayed up by 2 points,the club finishing 2nd from bottom would want to sue the F.A,sighting that Hereford won back 3points that should have been docked.

Likewise if we won the re-played game,and scraped into the play-offs the side missing out would,sight the fact that we gained 3 points that were lost in the orignal match.

To me the only way forward here,is to void the result,points and goals,however for the records show it still as awin to Hereford,that way neither us or Hereford gain an unfair advantage over any other league 2 side,from a game were we both broke the same rule.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

It's a no win situation no matter what is decided, either us, Hereford, or the teams within touching distance of us will be unhappy.
I see your point forever. If it is to be voided then perhaps the match should be rescheduled to be as it was originally.
If it is not to be replayed Hereford should lose the points, neither team should gain points and table position from this mess.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

HRG wrote:It's a no win situation no matter what is decided, either us, Hereford, or the teams within touching distance of us will be unhappy.
I see your point forever. If it is to be voided then perhaps the match should be rescheduled to be as it was originally.
If it is not to be replayed Hereford should lose the points, neither team should gain points and table position from this mess.
Thats excatly it HRG,there is no easy solution to fixing this,the one that should not be forgotern however,is it was us and Hereford who broke the rules,niether of us should be given the chance to gain an advantage from it,to me the only way forward is no points no goals for us both,which will upset set Hereford no doubt,but if the boot was on the other foot and we had won,then to me there would be no difference.

The F.A in this case must be fair to the rest of league 2 who it seems have not broken any rules there for should not suffer a diss-advantage by this game being re-played.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

forevertufc wrote: Thats excatly it HRG,there is no easy solution to fixing this,the one that should not be forgotern however,is it was us and Hereford who broke the rules,niether of us should be given the chance to gain an advantage from it,to me the only way forward is no points no goals for us both,which will upset set Hereford no doubt,but if the boot was on the other foot and we had won,then to me there would be no difference.

The F.A in this case must be fair to the rest of league 2 who it seems have not broken any rules there for should not suffer a diss-advantage by this game being re-played.
That's what I think will happen and seems to be the most sensible option. Who won the match should be irrelevent when the FA look at this as both teams broke the rules and so it wasn't a fair game. Therefore, all points and goals attained should be taken away and the result declared void. Effectively, both sides will be playing a 45-game season. Unfortunately for Hereford, this impacts them more than ourselves, but I would say exactly the same if we had won. A replay won't happen.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

tommyg wrote: That's what I think will happen and seems to be the most sensible option. Who won the match should be irrelevent when the FA look at this as both teams broke the rules and so it wasn't a fair game. Therefore, all points and goals attained should be taken away and the result declared void. Effectively, both sides will be playing a 45-game season. Unfortunately for Hereford, this impacts them more than ourselves, but I would say exactly the same if we had won. A replay won't happen.
Another problem would be if Hereford stay up on a goal difference of only one, then the team below & regelated would argue that the game should have been replayed as Hereford cheated, & if Torquay won then Herefords goal difference advantage would disappear.
A similar arguement would apply if Torquay reach the play offs by only 1 goal difference in this case the team below would argue that a Hereford win would disadvantage Torquay goal difference..
There are no easy decisions to be made are there?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html

Herald indicates a replay is out the question.

Refers to the 'previous' administration error - I think that will cost us when they evaluate the situation and our punishment will be more severe then Herefords. :@
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/