Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

when will we find out our punishment then? really want to find out what we have to face.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I am hoping with this, but I think the precedent has already been set in the season we got relegated to the BSP.

I remember Accrington were in the dock for having a loan keeper (from Leeds I'm sure) on the bench when he wasn't correctly registered. They took 4 points from those games, before the mistake was realised. When we went up for that well known free game at their place, had we won and they been deducted points we would have stood half a chance of getting out of the sh*t. As it was we played awful, lost and Accrington never got their points deducted. They just got a hefty fine and a slap on the wrists. I know its not quite the same, but the fact is they had an unregistered player in the squad for games they took points from, and kept them.

If you look through the lower leagues - and it seems the Evo-Stik league is a particular offender - a lot of clubs have points deducted that they gain whilst an ineligible player is in their side. This was the case with Hartlepool last season, and famously Altrincham had 19 points deducted a few years back - all the points they gained while they had an ineligible player in the side.

If the FA decide to strike one goal off our goal difference, I'd accept that as fair as that is the benefit we got from Robinson playing. Anything more would be harsh in the extreme - but thats not going to count for much. The factor of the FA and their frequent random decisions mean its probably 50-50 at the moment whether we would lose points or just get a fine.

Either way its a disappointment that the club finds itself in this position. If as SG says (and I have no reason to doubt him) this is the third similar occurence, then unfortunately I think it is right that the person responsible is treated under the clubs disciplinary procedure (I'm not going to start calling for someone to be sacked outright - this is a person and their livliehood but to make such a mistake needs to be punished in some form and I trust that the club will deal with it).

What is certain is that we will get a fine - no question about that, its just what will come with it. For me, any fine must be publicly paid by the board out of their own pockets (or profit), NOT taken from the playing budget. It was not Buckle's fault, or any of the players, so i would hate to hear that we have missed out on a loan signing because we couldn't afford him after paying a fine.

I sincerely hope Buckle doesn't quit. He has no reason too, none of this was his doing. Judging by the quotes on the BBC, he probably had a terrible fright when the Club Director started a sentance with "I have some bad news.........". Too right he's probably having a time-out with his family today, as some things are far more important than football.

Trying to generate some kind of positive out of this, is there now some possibility that Buckle could use some kidology on the players for the weekend and upcoming games? Try and make them believe that they are guaranteed to get deducted 3 points to try and spur them on to go and win them back? I think it could be a good motivator to try and make the players think that they are up against it, siege mentality and all that. Or am I giving the psychology of our squad too much credit?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

scottbrehaut wrote: http://x.com/AnnMS4

That will be one vote for member of the month please....... ;-)
Only those who spend money bearing the image of HMQEII are eligible to win MOTM.
Good shout though.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wonderland
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nathan Craig

Post by Wonderland »

According to The Bradford City Fans website, they are expecting us to loose 3 points. On what authority does Judge Jefferies decide that?

Here is the link
[url]

http://www.boyfrombrazil.co.uk/2011/02/ ... red-player

What a sauce

Den
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:
Only those who spend money bearing the image of HMQEII are eligible to win MOTM.
Good shout though.

Matt.
http://www.atsnotes.com/catalog/banknotes/guernsey.html

I shall await my vote from you then..... :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Wonderland wrote:According to The Bradford City Fans website, they are expecting us to loose 3 points. On what authority does Judge Jefferies decide that?

Here is the link
[url]

What a sauce

Den
That would be a first. The penalty up to now has been points gained whilst unregistered player is playing, sometimes not even that...
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

It seems sensible that points gained from the game he played in are all that we should lose. But hypothetically, what if Hereford get relegated on goal difference - by 1 goal? Could they not feasibly argue that if Robinson wasn't in our team, they'd have won by more?

We all know that realistically Hereford wouldn't beat us by more than a couple of goals regardless of who we had in the side, but there's no 100% proof it couldn't happen.

I should say i think it'll be a fine, and that would be the right decision, i was just thinking aloud. ;-)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Wonderland wrote:According to The Bradford City Fans website, they are expecting us to loose 3 points. On what authority does Judge Jefferies decide that?

Here is the link
[url]

What a sauce

Den
Bradford should be deducted 3 points for suggesting that we should be deducted 3 points!! :evil: That's like a player brandishing an imaginery red card. :red: Leave it to the authorities to decide our fate.

I see you have sorted out your access Den. See you on Sat. no. 3 post, Pop side ;-)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Seems 3 points is quoted from a lot of sources. It also seems the email system did have an effect of all of this - although I am sure this will not wash with the FA.

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html

Have to say I feel no sympathy for the club Secretary. It was her job and she failed to do it correctly (far from the first time) and she alone could have such a massive effect on our club. I really can't see a future for her in this role at the club.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

diamondgirl wrote: Bradford should be deducted 3 points for suggesting that we should be deducted 3 points!! :evil: That's like a player brandishing an imaginery red card. :red: Leave it to the authorities to decide our fate.

I see you have sorted out your access Den. See you on Sat. no. 3 post, Pop side ;-)
Bradford fans are just bricking themselves over relegation. They are slipping down the table fast and there's a very negative vibe up there.

My gut feeling is that we will get away with a fine and suspended fine. But if we are deducted points then we only have ourselves to blame. Stockport on Saturday is looking a six-pointer.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

She's just another example of someone who has been in her job far too long. We are going to lose three points here and how massive could that be. i am afraid there are no excuses whatsoever here. Taking the player off, contatcting the fa,emails not working,people on holiday - its all complete bollocks.
Just isn't acceptable.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:She's just another example of someone who has been in her job far too long. We are going to lose three points here and how massive could that be. i am afraid there are no excuses whatsoever here. Taking the player off, contatcting the fa,emails not working,people on holiday - its all complete bollocks.
Just isn't acceptable.
Spot on brucie
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Did this happen to Crawley 2/3 seasons ago? I seem to remember that they played a couple of unregistered players. Not sure what their punishment was. Thought it was just a fine, but could be completly wrong. I usually am.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

brucie wrote:We are going to lose three points here and how massive could that be.
Read the article again Brucie. Its says "could" and points to the Monkey Hangers as an example. They just happened to win the match that the ineligible player appeared in. Thats why they got 3 points deducted. The precedent over the last decade or so is any points gained whilst the ineligible player in the team are deducted. If the FL DO try and deduct points, the club need to appeal straight away as the precedent has already been established.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

They should make us replay the Hereford game. Yeah, that's it.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.