Anthonny O'Connor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerrifordGreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Anthonny O'Connor

Post by DerrifordGreen »

Signed a loan deal with Argyle, any good? Will be suspended for the first game vs Cambridge but available for the Cup game against Orient a few days forward. Looking forward to seeing him.

Good luck for the season guys, always knew you had a good'un in Luke Young, still think we should've kept him but we've signed Ollie Norburn now who does appear to be a bit of an upgrade.

Oh well, cheers for any comments guys.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Very good signing, quite surprising he isn't playing at a higher level
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

One of the best fullbacks Ive seen play at Torquay, also good at cb, lacks a bit of height, but nonetheless is good enough in the air. Great on the ball, doesn't seem to panic. A good head on good shoulders, you guys have done well there.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Will swap you a Hawley and a Tonge for him. Deal?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Very good RB / CB.
Bombs forward and links well.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

:'( </3 jealous.......
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bo11ocks. :@

f**kin argyle.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

Further to O'Connor, another ex loanee, Shaq, has joined Southend for the season :'(
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

The cost of relegation, ladies and gentlemen. Instead of planning a promotion push to L1 with O'Connor and Shaq, were trying to finish mid-table in the Conference without either. I hope the referee in the Northampton game realises just what he's done, although I doubt he does.
Pea.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Pea wrote:The cost of relegation, ladies and gentlemen. Instead of planning a promotion push to L1 with O'Connor and Shaq, were trying to finish mid-table in the Conference without either. I hope the referee in the Northampton game realises just what he's done, although I doubt he does.
Though the Northampton game was possibly crucial in our league survival, the other 45 where too, over the season we deserved to go down.
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

O'Connor is good at full back but is mistake ridden at centre half. Play him there and you will struggle.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:O'Connor is good at full back but is mistake ridden at centre half. Play him there and you will struggle.
I would agree with that - at RB, he was worth a place in the team. At CB he made too many errors e.g. two against Northampton.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

lucy6lucy wrote: Though the Northampton game was possibly crucial in our league survival, the other 45 where too, over the season we deserved to go down.
Don't disagree, but the ref in the Northampton game demonstrated that he is not good enough to be a League referee. Ravenhill's foul on Bodin was clear, dangerous and disgraceful. It resulted in Billy's injury that he still has today. I live in hope that somebody will do the same to Ravenhill this season.
DerrifordGreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by DerrifordGreen »

We've stuck him in CDM. Fierce player, really good. Wins the ball and lays it off, simple. Big fan.

He looked right up for the Exeter game, my guess is that's because of his time with you and now us.

Good luck with the season, saw you beat Welling earlier in the week. Good side at home but poor away.

Always nice to have a cheeky thrashing of the Greeks. Start to finish we were better, Reid looks awesome.. Though I'm sure you're not that interested.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

No. But good to hear about Anthony, he was my sponsored player last season;just sorry that we didn't stay up, & therefore be in with a chance of getting him back for this season :'( :'( :
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066