Portuguese Players to Plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It was indeed.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I apologise to Ferrarilover if my post came over as whinging. At no stage did I claim to be a scouting genius. At no stage did I claim to know more about the game than PB or his team of scouts. I think your post is extremely negative and not at all helpful. Perhaps you would prefer it if some of us exiles refrained from comment.
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

Torquay need to do what I do on Football Manager, buy 11 awesome foreigners, they're cheaper, better and want less wages than their English counterparts. My back four is the entire Namibian defence.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

portugull wrote:I apologise to Ferrarilover if my post came over as whinging. At no stage did I claim to be a scouting genius. At no stage did I claim to know more about the game than PB or his team of scouts. I think your post is extremely negative and not at all helpful. Perhaps you would prefer it if some of us exiles refrained from comment.
Yes I would. Foreigners, gays, women, the other lot we're no longer allowed to joke about, the lot of you, just bloody well keep to yourselves. The internet is for white, English, middle-class males only. Let that be an end to it!

Porta, I was only kidding mate, it was mock-anger, like mock-turtle soup, but less delicious. It's not the worst idea I have ever heard, I just don't think it will ever be more than an idea purely because of factors of which I am unaware. I guess that if it was a viable option, clubs would have figured it our long ago and acted accordingly upon it. Judging by the obvious complexities of registering a loanee from another club in the same division based barely 200 miles away, I can only barely conceive of the abject horror of the paperwork of registering a Portuguese player on a regular transfer from a club 2000 miles away. The costs, we imagine, would be enormous and you have to wonder about the situation from the player's point of view. It's not like the Premier League (what a misnomer that is, by the way, the Shameful League more like) where the incentive for a man to move thousands of miles away from his friends, family and loved ones, to a country with shitty weather, bad food, an incomprehensible language, needlessly high cost of living etc is a weekly salary of £250,000. We would be asking these guys to live in a totally alien environment for the princely sum of £30,000 a year, hardly worth it really.

Now, Johnny foreigner, back to your siesta or eating dog or whatever oddity it is that you have all the way down there!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"