Torquay Fixtures for 2014/2015

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dartford is a way, but it's a seriously easy journey. The ground's a few hundred yards from the M25, so it's very simple to get to. Great ground too.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Chester and Macclesfield away on Tuesday nights are great for me. I'm working in Cheshire a lot for the next 6 months so that couldn't work any better! Also looking forward to Dover away on a Tuesday night. The masochistic side of me fancies that one.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Do they just pull names out of a hat. We are at home 4 Saturdays in a row in Nov/Dec and if we get home draws in the FA Cup and Trophy it will be 6 Saturdays in a row. Ridiculous scheduling!
Tust member 191
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

very disappinted for the second year in a row

being northern based i was particularly looking forward to a night stopover in chester, its a tuesday night now, macclesfield for a day on the ale, also a tuesday!

lincoln i'm on leave so probably away, halifax is so far ahead that i cant get excited about it yet. bristol rovers, new years day so almost certainly a no go. forest green midweek. grimsby, who the hell wants to go there anyway?? so that leaves alfreton!! do they even have buses there, let alone a railway station!! BUGGER!!
still keeping the faith
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

On the BBC Sport website in the Conference League Table we're already in the bottom four! Things can only get better! :clown:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm aiming for Barnet, Welling and Dartford. Possibly Lincoln.

Barnet will be easiest, it's two roads!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

nickbrod wrote:On the BBC Sport website in the Conference League Table we're already in the bottom four! Things can only get better! :clown:
It's Hargreaves fault.......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I find the Conference fixture list a little bizarre. The fact that we play both our games against Grimsby by Oct 18th is just daft. Grimsby could have a completely different team by the time other sides play them in April. I realise the Christmas/New Year is designed to be a double header and I don't have a problem with that but I prefer it really if you play all teams before you start playing sides in the return fixtures.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

hector wrote:I find the Conference fixture list a little bizarre. The fact that we play both our games against Grimsby by Oct 18th is just daft. Grimsby could have a completely different team by the time other sides play them in April. I realise the Christmas/New Year is designed to be a double header and I don't have a problem with that but I prefer it really if you play all teams before you start playing sides in the return fixtures.
So do I, Hector. For example, we play Barnet twice in five weeks and there's someone else (can't remember who .... and can't be bothered to check) twice in about eight weeks *. Bizarre! It's not rocket science to schedule matches in each half of the season (except for double headers), is it? The Football League seem to be able to manage to do it. I wonder if the demise of Hereford and Salisbury had something to do with it, although I can't imagine why it should. Surely, Chester & Dartford would just slot in their places ? Ah ..... the mysteries of Conference football !! :B
* Forest Green - 30th Sept and 15th Nov.
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

No games being moved yet, but I see Bristol Rovers are on the box twice.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/footb ... 6627423099
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Damn! Had a little hope that they might choose our opening fixture (recently relegated against play off finalists) for the opening game, as there's no way I'm getting up to Gateshead!