Craig Stanley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

cambgull wrote:Well by the sounds of it, he's outspoken and has p*ssed off Sammy Lee. I suppose we're not all perfect though are we?!
Oh good - another one to fall out with Bucks then...... :rofl:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I can see how easy it could be to fall out with Stabby Backilroy, particularly after the odious little s**ts celebrating on the pitch when Morecambe got their last minute penalty (before they scored it mind!)
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Sounds a really good loanee from what Morecambe fans are saying. Just hope he is as good as people say.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Correct. Morecambe fans are apoplectic.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Sounds exactly like Manse - another 120%er! Ideal!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Any truth in the (very new) assertion that this has something to do with the Charnock deal?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

That could make sense, since this has come out of nowhere.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

looking forward to seeing this guy in action. its nice to see we're getting players with experience who can add to the squad right now, not in a couple of years time (although i do rate the youngsters as well).
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Don't know this guy; only briefly heard of him, with Wroe gone and zebroski suspended he should play tomorrow.

Talking of tomorrow- where's the match thread Nickgull? ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

A very interesting signing. If Buckle's been after him for a while, then he should have plans for how he wants to use him, and with Wroe gone there's room for him. Mansell and Stanley sounds like a very solid middle of the pitch - two players who give everything and cover a lot of ground, working hard for the team. That possibly leaves room for O'Kane to have a totally free role and drift wherever he wants.

It should give us some more options too. The 4-2-3-1 formation is very popular nowdays, and we could have the players to make it work:

Robinson

O'Kane - Kee - Zebroski

Mansell - Stanley

Manse and Stanley sit in front of the defense and cover the middle of the field. Leaving O'Kane and Zebroski free to play as creative attacking midfielders, picking up the ball in advanced positions and running with it. Kee as a deep-lying striker, picking it up and running at defenders to pass or shoot from distance, as he's done quite well in recent games (from the highlights) and a poacher type striker up front to feed off the scraps and through balls.

Or the classic 4-3-3/4-5-1:

................Robinson/Kee..............

Stevens...........................Zebroski

......Mansell - O'Kane - Stanley...........

Mansell and Stanley again give us a solid middle, so O'Kane can play in the middle and we don't get over-run. Then you have 3 totally forward minded players to cause the opposition problems.

We could possibly do with another addition or two (some of the names mentioned on here would be ideal!), but things are looking better than they were earlier today...

And of course it also means Mansell could play at right back if required and we have a similar player to come into midfield.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

This is all very well - but a one month loan? Hardly a ringing endorsement for him as our saviour or the start of a new tactical approach as you suggest GB
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If followed by a 93 day loan that takes him to the end of May?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Southampton Gull wrote:If followed by a 93 day loan that takes him to the end of May?
I'm not sure we can do that. The maximum any player can be on a short term loan for is 93 days, so if we were to extend Stanley's loan it would only be able to run up to the end of April.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jeff wrote: I'm not sure we can do that. The maximum any player can be on a short term loan for is 93 days, so if we were to extend Stanley's loan it would only be able to run up to the end of April.
I'm not sure either which is why I put a ? after, but it was mentioned to me that the deals were structured as they were to keep them beyond play-off dates. I had such a busy evening I can't remember all of what was said so posed it as a question.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
luketufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by luketufc »

My understanding is that any 'emergency loan' (that being outside of the normal transfer windows) can only last for up to a max of 93 days.
Thus this initial month loan that he is on at the moment is not part of this 93, as is not an emergency loan.

Doing things this way would allow morecambe to have a 24 hr recall clause in the contract (i believe you can't in normal loans) so they would prefer to do it this way rather than a straight loan to the end of the season, and we benefit too as we can have him if we make the play offs?

though i may be mistaken...