Benyon - Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Benyon - Swindon

Post by ChrisBarsby »

Hi guys,

Swindon fan here. Anyone know any news on Benyon? What are the chances of you selling him for around 100k rather than losing him at the season? We're desperate for a decent striker after losing Austin, and a lot of people here rate Benyon highly.
Eastleigh_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by Eastleigh_Gull »

Not sure on deffinate's but.. and i think i speak for most here he would be staying at this club for the next couple of years :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You offered £300,000 for some Janner so we now know you've got cash lying around, Benyon's price just went up £50,000 :)

Seriously though, of you take him on and develop him, he'll score goals and be worth money. If he fails to progress, he'll find himself back in the conference before too long.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

We got the money, theres no doubt about that. Our board don't spend cause they can though, they wanna develop the club whilst keeping it stable at the same time.

Surely your board will have to give in somewhere down the line though? A player that could leave for free at the end of the season, and not proven at league one level - I think 100k would be a good deal for you myself.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

We'd get more than £100k at a tribunal in the summer. I'd like to think you'd need to offer double that to get him now.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

Considering we have more than likely made a bid, tribunals wouldn't be as nice on that side, well don't think so anyway. I think the most our board would be willing to pay is 150k mind
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is Chris,it is a win ,win for Tufc,if Benyon goes at the end of the season our club would get compensation, looking at the fact he has been with us for four seasons and our club has brought his development on to the point he is now a first team regular and scoring freely,i would imagine our club would receive a pretty decent sum for him anyway.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

Oh there's no doubt about it, whether its tonight or through a tribunal you're going to get a decent amount of money out of, I just don't think a tribunal would be as kind on a fee because of bids having been recieved.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

ChrisBarsby wrote:Considering we have more than likely made a bid, tribunals wouldn't be as nice on that side, well don't think so anyway. I think the most our board would be willing to pay is 150k mind
Best look elsewhere then.

In reality, you'll probably get him for half that. It's how we roll.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

The fee branded about around here has been anything between 75k and 100k, which I personally think is a decent deal for all parties
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not even slightly, 75k, Manset went for almost half a million, he WANTED to leave, has scored fewer goals than Benners both this season and overall. Try £250,000 and you can have him.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

With respect, i'm assuming you've not seen much of the lad? If you get him for less than £100k you'll have performed a remarkable blagging. He's much better than that, and very important to our aspirations, so your slightly condascending attitude isn't really appreciated.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

ChrisBarsby wrote:The fee branded about around here has been anything between 75k and 100k, which I personally think is a decent deal for all parties
Put the two together and then we'll be tempted.
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

I admit I haven't seen him play often, other than when we played you in the JPT and youtube videos. I'm going on that, and the fact he's out of contract at the end of the season and isn't proven at League 1.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Austin has just gone to Burnley for a big fee? Is he 'proven' at that level?