Ticket Prices

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Ticket Prices

Post by andygull »

Just thought i'd canvas opinion on how expensive it is to go to footy nowadays and what it would take for fans to stop going to Plainmoor. I remember sitting in the stand at Macclesfield last season when we lost 2-1 having paid £20 to get in and having paid nearly 3 quid for a manky sausage roll on top of an unispiring programme full of adverts for health clubs and engineering firms. Yeah sure, i didn't have to buy those last two items but for most fans they contribute to making up the matchday experience. I thought to myself, what if i had kids? There would be no way i could afford to go to many games. In europe you can go and watch Rapid Vienna for £16 ( went last year ) Schalke for less than £20 yet at Macclesfield it costs £20! Insanity. Fans are over a barrel because clubs when promoted will increase their ticket prices and cite the improvement of the opposition as the reason for the increase, yet relegated clubs will charge more for an inferior product and cite the fact that attendances will dip due to playing crapper teams week in week out so they need more money to survive!! I just ask what is the tipping point at which fans give up and wonder if it has happened to you or you have considered not going to football anymore? For me anything above £15 to watch a league 2 game is unacceptable. And why don't clubs offer rewards like say Tesco. For example, attend 10 home games and collect vouchers in the programme and then you get a free game and programme for the 11th game. Where are the incentives for fans nowadays? Clubs think the fans will keep paying their hard earned to be ripped off and unappreciated as a customer. Its a disgrace really. Just like to know what you guys out there think. Cheers.