Southend - Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not interested (in any real sense) what our league position is on any day of the season except the last. Surely a temporary single place drop in the table (from 1st to 2nd, hardly a catastrophe) and a chance (however slim) of winning the paintpot trophy is better than an essentially meaningless grasp of first in the table and no chance of Wembley glory.
But for a little bit of luck or finding to opposition in average rather than sparkling mood, we could have had our cake and eaten it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullinhert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by gullinhert »

I think we have all seen the quality we can produce to not let a oneoff at Southend really worry us too much. Gone are the days when we got a few results by a bit of luck or rank bad play by the opposition; our team can really play good stuff and even the nonfootball interested in my family have been impressed by the performance against Reading and against Bournemouth. A fantastic start to the season and barring any injuries with our tiny squad we will give a few real of the big boysin the lower leagues a good kicking.........................yellowsssssssssssssssssssssss
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

thats why footie is a funny old game and there is a (very) fine line between success and failure.

if we had got a point or three then bucks would have been vindicated, but as fellow posters have said if we play like we did in the 2nd half then we will win

more games than we lose - or even draw.

i think that we should hold our hands up and say on the day southend deserved to win.

it does remind me of rochdale away last season when we were particularly dire and nearly snatched an undeserved point right at the end then.

lets be delighted in the way that our team are playing, and build on that, we arn't going to win every game.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:thats why footie is a funny old game and there is a (very) fine line between success and failure.

if we had got a point or three then bucks would have been vindicated, but as fellow posters have said if we play like we did in the 2nd half then we will win

more games than we lose - or even draw.

i think that we should hold our hands up and say on the day southend deserved to win.
it does remind me of rochdale away last season when we were particularly dire and nearly snatched an undeserved point right at the end then.

lets be delighted in the way that our team are playing, and build on that, we arn't going to win every game.
To be honest Chris, I think we deserved to get a draw from the game. However, what you deserve and what you get are two different things. Hopefully, normal service will be resumed come 3pm on Sat. ;-)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

diamondgirl wrote: To be honest Chris, I think we deserved to get a draw from the game. However, what you deserve and what you get are two different things. Hopefully, normal service will be resumed come 3pm on Sat. ;-)
fair enough Chris.

as i wasnt there, i was going on what some other posters said. however, if you say we deserved a point, thats good enough for me! :)

as for "normal service" being resumed on sat, do hope so as I'll be there!! hope to see you! :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Sorry it took so long for me to post. Why did we lose....??? To be honest because Southend outplayed us for the first 45 minutes. I think just on the last 15 minutes alone we deserved a point. When Zebs scored the team went back to how we have been since Northampton away last season.

Through out the winning streak I have been saying it has been brilliant to see us playing as a team and all going for the win. For the first half, the team all dropped their heads together, and we were not given the time on the ball as we have been use to. 2 great strikes from them and an absoulte brilliant save in the closing minutes earned them a well deserved win.

Hopefully Buckle and the team do not get too disheartened and put it behind them for Accrington.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: fair enough Chris.

as i wasnt there, i was going on what some other posters said. however, if you say we deserved a point, thats good enough for me! :)

as for "normal service" being resumed on sat, do hope so as I'll be there!! hope to see you! :)
Likewise, I'll look out for you. Have a safe trip down. :)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

diamondgirl wrote:

Likewise, I'll look out for you.
Just keep your eyes peeled for an ugly bloke - if he talks "Northern like"chances are it will be Barns......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

scottbrehaut wrote: Just keep your eyes peeled for an ugly bloke - if he talks "Northern like"chances are it will be Barns......
many thanks for your ringing endorsement and kind words froggy.

and a bit rich coming from someone who has hit every branch on the way down falling out of the ugly tree....... :lol:

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Indeed - but I have my Southern wit and charm to fall back on.

You, by contrast, are screwed my good man

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

thats your opinion.

Frog.

TUST Member 468