5 worst/least favourite players since watching TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Yep, I was, same game as Thorpes overhead kick I believe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

="Scott Brehaut"
I've checked Soccerbase, and the only game we won that he scored from open play was the 2-1 win against Lincoln, at their gaff.
Paul Holmes scored the second.
how can i use soccerbase to find out about certain goals scored against which team, because there are a few great goals i can remember for the just like brazil thread , i know who scored them and roughly when they were but i cant remember who they were against.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Click on Torquay on soccerbase, then season and then filter by player to show just the games played by that player.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yes Paul Holmes was good first time around. Mario Walsh, he wasn't too bad was he, I don't remember him awfull
TUST MEMBER
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Lee Andrews
Stevland Angus
Mourike Sako
Mamadu Sow
D'Sane - Did a bit of good, but I could not stand him
We'll be back...
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

dickie handjob x5

wins this award hands down
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Dave_Pougher wrote:dickie handjob x5

wins this award hands down
Hahaha made me laugh, of course, the worst is Dickie
TUST MEMBER
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

my list as follows for worst players
mario walsh
dean mooney
benny laryeo ,not sure how you spell that
mark coombe
jamie atwell
russell musker
lee andrews
fowler brothers
bradley beattie
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ROADRUNNER wrote:my list as follows for worst players
mario walsh
dean mooney
benny laryeo ,not sure how you spell that
mark coombe
jamie atwell
russell musker
lee andrews
fowler brothers
bradley beattie
I don't think they were brothers - if you mean Tony and Derek from the South Devon League Allstars team that Dave Webb fielded - who incidentally, this current team are doing a very good impression of.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

my mistake hector they were still shit, brothers or not, going on to the team now there are some good players they just cant play as a team, :)
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

The worst player I have ever seen in a TUFC shirt was a player on loan from Shrewsbury in the mid-70's whwen the Gulls were in the old Division 4. I can't remember his name but his nickname was 'Horse', and that was a good summary of his footballing abilities. Needless to say he wasn't on loan for very long - anyone out there remember his real name?
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Fallon = Carthorse!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

That's a little unfair on Fallon - maybe a carthorse now, he was actually a very good player in his day, much better than the player I was referring to. His name came to me in the middle of the night - as these things do when you get to my age - it was Steve Hayes. Easily the worst player I have ever seen wearing the Gulls shirt, and that was when the standard of mid-1970's Division 4 football was atrocious anyway. He was a central defender on Shrewsbury's books for several seasons without ever really establishing himself. On one occasion he went to kick a loose ball, missed comletely and landed flat on his back! He ws also an expert at mistiming headers out of our penalty area. Digging around Shrewsbury's fan forums he was a bit of a cult hero at Gay Meadow, where his nickname was 'Animal', and was described by one fan as an 'agicultural defender'! Happy days though, with no continuing threats of relegation out of the league, biggish crowds etc.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Ok gulls fans, the forward who played on our doomed season 95/96 who played 30 odd games and never scored...i can't remember his name though....i know it when I hear it....
Anyone remember it ??
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

I think it was either David Byng, Ellis Laight or Jamie N'Dah. I'd forgotten what a godawful season that was - thanks for reminding me! Bottom of the league AGAIN! Plus ca change.....