5 worst/least favourite players since watching TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

5 worst/least favourite players since watching TUFC

Post by hector »

This thread also on exeweb, so worth a go here

Richard Hancox
Maurice Cox
Jason Rees
Russell Coughlin
David Webb

Too many to choose from - could probably name a hundred.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Jamal Easter (only saw him on a handful of occasions but he was so awful it was untrue)
Taiwo Atieno
Billy Bodin
Lloyd Macklin
Rene Howe ( not worst but least favourite as he's really p*ssed me off these last 6 months and ruined my opinion of him).

To be fair not many players have really annoyed me on a regular basis, players are entitled to put in a few crap performances and 99% of TUFC players these last 7 years have been ok but the ones above barring Howe I've NEVER seen a good performance from in all the times I've watched them so that is why I picked them.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Jean Pierre Simb
Mateo Pinto
Craig Easton
Martin Rice
Mark Coombe
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Cant believe Jason Rees is in there, he always put in 100%.

Mine would be

Tony Bedeau
Gary Brabin
Lee Andrews
Ollie Gottkalkson
Chris Waddle
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Jamie "Cat flap hands" Attwell
Matt Hewlett
Anthony Pulis
Carl Priso
Lee Andrews
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

off the top of my head-

habib sissoko
gary brabin
mickey evans
martin mcneil
jamie attwell
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Mo Camara
Mikkel Anderson (although it sounds like he has since sorted himself out)
Jody Banim
Leo Fortune-West
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
stu_h84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by stu_h84 »

Martin Phillips
Ollie Gottskalksson
Jody Banim
Lee Andrews
Richard Hancox
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Buster Phillips?! How so?
stu_h84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by stu_h84 »

In my opinion he tended to drift in and out of games too much and always appeared way too light weight. Whether this was as a result of the injuries and illness I really don't know, but I was never impressed with him.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Fair enough. Each to their own I guess :)

This list could be anyone from our relegation season, or the season before that really..
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Jason Rees should get a reprieve for scoring the opening goal vs Barnet.

I can't think of any players I've really disliked over the years, after all, they were our players. In terms of performances for us, Chris McPhee is probably the worst player we've had that played a reasonable amount of games for us. I know he had a good spell with Ebbsfleet and Kidderminster, but judged purely at Plainmoor he was terrible.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

bradley beattie
mark coombe
jamie attwell
mario walsh
russell musker

i could add a few more
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

John Gayle: Horrendous, see his beautiful spooning of the ball over the bar against Barnet in THAT match for an example of what I remember him for.

Jason Rees: Scored a goal against Barnet. Dire apart from that.

Paul Holmes: I only saw him during his second term with us, but for me he just summed up everything bad about 'English' football. Would get the ball and, without fail, hoof it down the wing. Yuck.

Gary Brabin: Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. An overweight Jason Rees.

Habib Sissoko: Much the same as John Gayle, they'd make a LETHAL pairing.

Eifion Williams : Andy can say what he likes, but THIS man remains the biggest waste of money we have ever spent. Take away his debut hat-trick and he averages a goal every five games or so. Would miss chance after chance, I remember "Willoooo, Willoooo" echoing from the popside when he returned with Hartlepool, making a complete hash of every shot he took.

Jamie Attwell : You almost, ALMOST felt sorry for him.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

madgull wrote:John Gayle: Horrendous, see his beautiful spooning of the ball over the bar against Barnet in THAT match for an example of what I remember him for.

Jason Rees: Scored a goal against Barnet. Dire apart from that.

Paul Holmes: I only saw him during his second term with us, but for me he just summed up everything bad about 'English' football. Would get the ball and, without fail, hoof it down the wing. Yuck.

Gary Brabin: Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. An overweight Jason Rees.

Habib Sissoko: Much the same as John Gayle, they'd make a LETHAL pairing.

Eifion Williams : Andy can say what he likes, but THIS man remains the biggest waste of money we have ever spent. Take away his debut hat-trick and he averages a goal every five games or so. Would miss chance after chance, I remember "Willoooo, Willoooo" echoing from the popside when he returned with Hartlepool, making a complete hash of every shot he took.

Jamie Attwell : You almost, ALMOST felt sorry for him.
Fully agree with the Eifion Williams comment. I lost count of the number of times he shot straight at the keeper when through on goal.

Paul Holmes was dreadful when he returned but this is more than cancelled out by how good he was the first time around in my eyes.